Affably Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Affably Evil

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: February 20th, 2019, 7:00 pm Move the cavalryman from 13.30 to 19.33 and you'll get a WML error. Since Krux comes running, I'm wondering if there is some important event that's supposed to happen here?
Move him to 18,30 and it will work. I have published an update that fixes it, but it will not apply to your save file.

white_haired_uncle wrote: February 20th, 2019, 7:00 pm Also, note messages about "portrait" and "magenta" in log.
I have not seen any.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

20190220 12:50:58 error display: could not open image 'portraits/humans/transparent/peasant.png'
20190219 12:40:38 error engine: Invalid color in palette: magenta-

Acantha has a ranged knife attack, but I can't equip her with a knife.

EDIT: This also happens with Krux, though not in the attached example.
Attachments
AE-Dead Menace-Auto-Save1.gz
(245.32 KiB) Downloaded 478 times
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on February 21st, 2019, 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
white_haired_uncle

20190220 19:14:09 error display: could not open image 'uunits/humans/sword-mage+female.png'

The attached scenario ended strangely, in that normally if you have to hold out for 20 turns you have to get through the entire 20 turns, but in this case it ends rather abruptly and without the enemy getting their turn 20. Also, I don't see an autosave for turn 20. Just seemed odd.

Also, Folweri says "me height" instead of "my height".
Attachments
AE-Keepers of Serenity-Auto-Save19.gz
(246.64 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
white_haired_uncle

S06: violece > violence

S07: The initial objectives made little sense to me, though I got through it. Antipater is called Anitpos or something. Later objectives arcs > orcs. Late in the scenario I got an invalid WML [remove_event] missing id= key. Unless I'm missing something, I think I should have won in the attaced, but it ended in defeat.

EDIT: I don't know if Antipos is supposed to be a nickname for Antipater, or if the name was changed at some point? There are many more examples of the use of both names in subsequent scenarios.
Attachments
AE-The Unforgivable Abomination Turn 18.gz
(267.97 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on February 21st, 2019, 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
white_haired_uncle

Amaranth: think about anyone > think of anyone

Guzgob: I have came to ask me > I have come to ask myself

governing an are > area?

looks like if some > looks like some

allow us building > allow us to build

In the attached, if you move to the waypoint it is the only one available. Not sure if this was intentional. I don't read all the dialog, so maybe I missed an explanation.

Ogira: as usually > as usual

The Reckoning: Objectives need update
Spoiler:
Escape: It seemed odd to me that I was not able to equip (or use potion)
Spoiler:
Attachments
AE-Gruzgob's Path-Auto-Save15.gz
(259.06 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: February 20th, 2019, 9:04 pmAcantha has a ranged knife attack, but I can't equip her with a knife.
This is a known issue caused by some changes in the item system.
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 21st, 2019, 12:46 am The attached scenario ended strangely, in that normally if you have to hold out for 20 turns you have to get through the entire 20 turns, but in this case it ends rather abruptly and without the enemy getting their turn 20. Also, I don't see an autosave for turn 20. Just seemed odd.
That was intentional.
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 21st, 2019, 7:44 pmI don't know if Antipos is supposed to be a nickname for Antipater, or if the name was changed at some point? There are many more examples of the use of both names in subsequent scenarios.
His name is Antipater, but Krux shortens his name to Antipos. He is named after a historical person called Antipater who was mostly called Antipos.
white_haired_uncle wrote: February 21st, 2019, 8:44 pm In the attached, if you move to the waypoint it is the only one available. Not sure if this was intentional. I don't read all the dialog, so maybe I missed an explanation.
Intentional, you aren't supposed to take a shortcut at that time.

The other issues were dealt with.
Aidoneus

Post by Aidoneus »

Quite enjoying this campaign. However, I am stuck in The Reckoning. After killing Agrippa (sp?), and traveling to the far reaches of the dungeon, I haven't found the "Intruder." Have I missed something? Please help.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Aidoneus wrote: April 19th, 2019, 4:57 pm Quite enjoying this campaign. However, I am stuck in The Reckoning. After killing Agrippa (sp?), and traveling to the far reaches of the dungeon, I haven't found the "Intruder." Have I missed something? Please help.
The encounter should trigger once you reach area x=20-33, y=31-44.
Aidoneus

Post by Aidoneus »

I took Krux to all of those hexes, again, but nothing happens. To be clear, the three flat and one rockbound cave hexes at the far southeast extreme, which look like they should connect to another region.
Aidoneus

Post by Aidoneus »

I reloaded an older save to copy the message I got the first time: Acantha: I have a feeling that something more important is closer than whatever is behind that tunnel.

But after continuing for about 20 more turns nothing but the usual undead showed up.
Aidoneus

Post by Aidoneus »

I tried again, the Intruder triggered at 23.31.
Aidoneus

Post by Aidoneus »

So, after returning from my chess club, I finished the campaign. It was entertaining. Well done!
arodiss

Post by arodiss »

Thank you for this awesome campaign

I like it very much, but it looks strange that over the entire course of LOTI Lethalia / Fowleri never mentions this events. She and Efraim become very close after all, so why?..
I propose the following plot tweak to plug this: let them find Agrippa's stash of Lethe (selective amnesia-inducing poison) and let she use it on herself after Krux leaves her in the epilogue. To make it more lively, you can add "if ... else ..." thing so this part of ending becomes variable.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Aidoneus wrote: April 22nd, 2019, 11:10 pm I reloaded an older save to copy the message I got the first time: Acantha: I have a feeling that something more important is closer than whatever is behind that tunnel.

But after continuing for about 20 more turns nothing but the usual undead showed up.
You didn't explain what was the problem, maybe you didn't trigger an event earlier (which is a problem that needs to be fixed), maybe you failed to find the right location.

Next time if something like this happens, please upload a save file so that I could find what's wrong.
arodiss wrote: May 6th, 2019, 7:02 am I like it very much, but it looks strange that over the entire course of LOTI Lethalia / Fowleri never mentions this events. She and Efraim become very close after all, so why?..
I propose the following plot tweak to plug this: let them find Agrippa's stash of Lethe (selective amnesia-inducing poison) and let she use it on herself after Krux leaves her in the epilogue. To make it more lively, you can add "if ... else ..." thing so this part of ending becomes variable.
This campaign was written to explain some oddities in the setting of LotI, like Lethalia easily falling in love for a human and Delly being cool about it, Lethalia's overall bizarrely unelvish behaviour etc. Efraim did mention a part of the story in LotI chapter 7, scenario Subterranean War. After writing this campaign, I have added a line about Lethalia realising Delly's her daughter to LotI chapter 2 scenario Lilith and later I added some vague information about Krux' activities during LotI.
bckpkol

Post by bckpkol »

I've just found a reference. "Baphomet" is a three-headed demon from the Broken Sword: Circle of Blood. There were also George Stobbart and Nicole.