Affably Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Re: Affably Evil

Post by Dugi »

I am glad you liked this.
though some of the story is really outlandish
Sometimes a little weirdness is necessary to asssure unpredictability.
as in TBC - I didn't really like the 'auxiliary' units.
I thought that I had improved this part.
By the way, nuorc has succeeded at the challenge with finding 15 references, so I let him name the dwarf (he is now Muntaner the Meek, wait for the update). The references are disclosed in the initial post now.
New challenge: Find 4 more references than aren't on the list. If you succeed, you'll be allowed to name the elvish mayor.
KrokoNoir

Post by KrokoNoir »

Hello everyone!
After having played LotI (a lot) I started Affably Evil.
I did not advance a lot, but it seems nice.
However, I already found something that seems to allow unlimited farming: in "Menacing Hills", there is a generator of undeads in the south-eastern corner, and we have an infinite number of turns. I guess that if I play 200 turns then my five heroes may become too strong for the rest of the campaign.
Limiting the number of turns might not be the best solution, because I think that we need time to explore the map. I would limit the number of undeads.

I am now at turn 80. Got many items, so I looked in the source code, and 15% drop explains why I got so many items; I also saw that spears will never be dropped, therefore Antipater should really avoid to become a Prophet...
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You can do this milking technique practically in any game, this campaign is quite short and you'd spend more time milking than playing the rest.
I think I will use the rain of blood solution I am considering in LotI (see its thread) that would start annoying you really badly if you stay in an area for too long.

You can always craft spears.
moony

Post by moony »

Hello dugi ;)

Interesting campaign, interesting plot, as always ^^ i like how twisted krux is. He is no normal hero, rather the antihero but still does good deeds.
i found some spelling mistakes, and sometimes phrases are missing. sometimes its confusing,
Spoiler:
also, when saving the town amaranth, the elves are still not attacking the orcs, they act like cannon fodder, i thought you changed that?
At "the unforgivabel abomination" i cannot manage to fulfill my mission. everytime i place antipater next to fowleri with acanta, nothing happends, then i wait for the next turn and fowleri accuses me of being a traitor (well, krux is one, but i dont think this is intended..). she has less than 25 lp i can't figure out what im doing wrong.

EDIT: I tried many tmes, i found the mistake: it only works when i move acantha first to fowleri an then the antipater. other way round does not work. intendet?
Another EDIT: "The Reckoning" i can recall krux' parents, the mage nd the marshall
Unsere Taten bestimmen wer wir sind, nicht unsere Worte.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Hi,

Thanks for the appreciation.

Which replies are missing? Do you remember some of the spelling mistakes? I have a few unpublished corrections, but they might not have noticed everything.
The elves are supposed not to attack the wolves, the wolves attack only you. I made their AI more aggressive.
The objectives of The Unforgivable Abomination explicitly say that you have to move Antipater next to Fowleri while Acantha is next to him. I made it work the other way too now.
The issue of being able to recall Krux' parents was fixed, just not released. I will release the fixes soon because it appears that I haven't updated it for way too long.
Scarhart

Post by Scarhart »

Started playing Affably Evil again, not sure that there has been an update since the previous time I played it through, but there is an issue with Krux's whirlwind attack now. After acquiring the ability, the first time it is used the attack will complete successfully, but an error message is generated "<invalid WML found> [harm_unit_loti] not supported" and the damage value for all attacks drops to 1.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

The damage dropping is intended, though it might be a bit unbalanced. The error happened because I forgot to update this campaign when I changed LotI. I will fix it.

EDIT: It should be fixed now.
Scarhart

Post by Scarhart »

Error message is gone. Damage still drops to 1 on all attacks (this includes magical ranged attacks) following the use of Whirlwind. Leveling up does not restore base damage. Base damage starts to restore to proper value over the course of several turns (3-4), assuming no subsequent use of Whirlwind. Makes ability of dubious value considering how long it takes to get back to full damage values and that it affects magical ranged attacks in particular and all other attacks in general.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I will have to increase its damage, it's currently useful only in some niche situations. It was a balance change, kills of other targets give experience, but it gives a temporary damage penalty that might be too high in this case.
Scarhart

Post by Scarhart »

After completing the implantation mission in Ogria and returning to Strych by teleportation obelisk the conversation returns an error message "<Invalid WML found> [repeating_message] not supported". Ending the turn and starting the next turn generates another copy of the parents/uncle and the same error message.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I apologise for inserting a far bigger error when trying to fix a lesser one. It should be all right now, please update.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Dugi,I want to report something
I gave a Foul Potion to Acantha and it worked very well,but when I closed Wesnoth then opened it again and played Affably Evil, Acantha's Unholy Hunger gone and her max hitpoints revert back to normal, though her hitpoints not drop, so her hitpoints is like this : 59/54.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

This shouldn't ever happen. Restarting game should not cause any changes except version inconsistencies. Can you please attach a save file where it can be replicated?
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

To Dugi,
I want to apologize because apparently there was a mistake :oops: ,she advanced that turn,so the unholy hunger was gone,but still,why Acantha's max hitpoints drop to the value when she take the potion when advance,but her hitpoints still high,her max hitpoints should be increasing after advance?
When she take the potion, her max hitpoints were 54
A moment before advance, her max hitpoints was 87
After advancing, her hitpoints and her max hitpoints was 87/54.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Advancing fully heals, but it doesn't reduce the hitpoints, it seems. So you have a small advantage of having temporarily more hitpoints. The game doesn't consider that value invalid afaik, it's just a value you can't reach by healing.