Feedback Thread for Xara's Add-ons

Review and rate user-made single and multiplayer campaigns and scenarios.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Xara

Re: Feedback Thread for Xara's Add-ons

Post by Xara »

@Eagle_11: I updated the Terrain Pack to v1.1, fixed the errors of unfound images, but I'm incapable of adding the missing transitions unless there are premade codes to grab and I'm too lazy to manage the editor groups :lol: . Instead, I put the terrains onto the example maps to show what terrains are available.
And I added the Strategy Map, they look great and might be useful for some story scenario. But I don't know how to add the canyon, didn't find the [terrain_type] tag and the codes are long.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

errormsg.jpg
errormsg.jpg (19.69 KiB) Viewed 11343 times
^
Now Iftu preview map gives this error.
Xara

Post by Xara »

That's a stupid error. I delete the tile, but made the map before reloading the editor.

Ah_Morre

Post by Ah_Morre »

When I try loading the scenarios with the custom terrains of the UMC Terrain Pack, I've already edited the main.cfg, it says that the terrain is invalid and the map couldn't be loaded
Xara

Post by Xara »

I updated a new version of UMC Terrain Pack, it should fix the invalid terrain bug, and I added a few terrains.

Ah_Morre

Post by Ah_Morre »

Now it says that when I try loading the game:
Spoiler:
I don't know if it does have something to do with my operating system, Fedora 20. And thanks for the quick update and answer =).
Xara

Post by Xara »

"OVERLAY_B" should be a mainline macro defined in "/wesnoth/data/core/terrain-graphics.cfg". If you don't have it, then perhaps your wesnoth version has some problems.

tommy2teeth

Post by tommy2teeth »

Wow, just saw these, they look great and there are tons of new terrains in this pack, excellent work. My question is what main_cfg do you insert the {add-on.......} line into? Is it the main cfg in the umc terrain pack, and where do you have to put the line ? I can use the terrain graphics in the editor but cannot play the maps, so I'm thinking I might be putting the line in the wrong place. Are there any other dependencies to use this pack? I'm rather new to the technical aspect of wesnoth so I imagine I did something wrong.
Xara

Post by Xara »

tommy2teeth wrote:Wow, just saw these, they look great and there are tons of new terrains in this pack, excellent work. My question is what main_cfg do you insert the {add-on.......} line into? Is it the main cfg in the umc terrain pack, and where do you have to put the line ? I can use the terrain graphics in the editor but cannot play the maps, so I'm thinking I might be putting the line in the wrong place. Are there any other dependencies to use this pack? I'm rather new to the technical aspect of wesnoth so I imagine I did something wrong.
Put the line into the _main.cfg file of your add-on, which means to tell the Wesnoth to load these terrains when loading your content.

derrickthewhite

Post by derrickthewhite »

I just finished the 2P planes walker game.

Wow it was a ride. I played both sides, but its a crazy game regardless. I have critiques below, but before I go on, just let me say that the game is a master-piece, and I wouldn't bother to try and improve anything that I didn't love playing as much as this game.

I played Karos and Chaos Empire. Yes, that means that that was playing both the angels and the demons. Lots of fun. The two actually had really good synergy: cover for the other during the day or night, and if karos stomps all over anyone who relies on magic, while demons and imps stomp all over anyone who doesn't.

I find planes walker struggles with many factions if you actually want to beat the last level because a lot of factions are really under-represented in the level-4 department. I eventually beat the game with those two factions explicitly because they had a good selection of level 4's. I even tried a mod that boosted low level units, but that stopped working after the first scenario.

Are you planning to add any more "worlds"? you've made three, but there are so many more.

Is there anything I could do to help expand the whole thing?

Awesome work again!
Xara

Post by Xara »

Hi, derrick. Thanks for playing and thanks for the critiques.

I did try to add another world for the Archaic Era, but a few months ago I lost my backup of all my Wesnoth files and from then on I never got into the mood to make anything again. Sorry but I am not maintaining this campaign anymore. Anyone can take the campaign and further develop it if they're interested.

Thinker

Beta Wesnoth MP Add-On Unity Mod

Post by Thinker »

Wesnoth Beta 1.13.7 Win10 Bug Report

Multiplayer MP Add-On "Unity Mod"

causes a fatal error after installing ... must re-install wesnoth to get rid of error

captured bug report to clipboard...

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\Blitz\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.13/data/add-ons/Unity_Magic_Mod/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file '~add-ons/Unity_Magic_Mod/macros/umagic_contents/' is missing
at ~add-ons/Unity_Magic_Mod/_main.cfg:3
Thinker

Re: Beta Wesnoth MP Add-On Unity Mod

Post by Thinker »

I've uninstalled the mod itself and got a message of successfully deleted clean.
Yet I still get the above error when loading wesnoth from desktop
Xara

Re: Beta Wesnoth MP Add-On Unity Mod

Post by Xara »

Thinker wrote:I've uninstalled the mod itself and got a message of successfully deleted clean.
Yet I still get the above error when loading wesnoth from desktop
Sorry for the late reply.

I think you should manually remove the files in the addon folder. The game message was probably wrong.

Araja

Post by Araja »

General notice for anyone installing the 2p Planeswalker Campaign at present; Invalid unit IDs are an issue in non-stock worlds.

This add-on has been hit by unit ID changes in the dependency add-on Ageless Era, meaning it sometimes tries to call unit IDs that no longer exist and results in crashes.

For example, the scenario might mention 'AE_mag_Runemasters_Striding_Machine', when the unit ID is now called 'AE_mag_Striding_Machine'. This is particularly prevalent for the Era of Magic (EoMa) units, who (as of the current version of Ageless Era) seem to have had their faction prefixes entirely removed from their unit IDs .

You can fix this issue by going into the scenario files and changing the unit IDs they reference to match the respective units in Ageless Era, but this will take a bit of work and it will be necessary for both players in the campaign to possess identical fixed scenario files.

Still a good MP campaign, but be aware that you'll have to do a bit of fixing to access all of its features now that it's no longer maintained. Or just play the default units world, which obviously still works fine.