A New Land Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Robertdebrus

Re: A New Land Era

Post by Robertdebrus »

ANLEra has been uploaded to the 1.13.12 (1.14) Add-ons server. There is currently a bug that causes most of the diplomacy options to disappear, but it gives no errors and otherwise functions properly
howwitty

Post by howwitty »

What's this? Shadowlord shenanigans:
The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6/userdata/data/add-ons/ANLEra/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Code: Select all

Details:

Macro/file 'ABILITY_LEADERSHIP' is missing
    at ~add-ons\\ANLEra\\units\\outlaws\\Shadow_Lord.cfg:17
        included from ~add-ons\\ANLEra\\_main.cfg:24
And another one

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Battle for Wesnoth 1.12.6/userdata/data/add-ons/ANLEra/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Undefined macro in #ifver/#ifnver first argument
    at ~add-ons\\ANLEra\\utils\\ANLEra_other.cfg:3
        included from ~add-ons\\ANLEra\\_main.cfg:57
I'm tired.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

The 2nd one is a cacheing issue, will resolve by itself after the 1st is solved, and either the cache has been recreated or purged.

The 1st one is 6bf339d, running 1.13's version of wmllint removed compatibility to 1.12
Try out the dark board theme.
howwitty

Post by howwitty »

Oh ok thanks for that link.
I'm tired.
Robertdebrus

Post by Robertdebrus »

Oops, sorry, didn't realize that wmllint had done that, I'll work on getting a fix for that out soon!

It should be fixed now on 1.12!
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Next version will contain a 2 player map.

Until then, there is one part where you could help: the translation!
That's the one thing missing to be up with mainline.

It are around as many strings as in mainline, and they are equally short. Things like »remove path« or »Negotiate with the Merfolk« and such, basically no dialogue.

If you want to give it a try, download poedit.
Attachments
wesnoth-ANLEra.pot
(18.34 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Try out the dark board theme.
Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht »

Let me begin by thanking Robert de Brus for creating the New Land Era add-on, which has added much to my enjoyment of the wild and wonderful world of Wesnoth. Bravo, Robert!

Until a few weeks ago, when I played campaigns with the New Land Era add-on installed, I was able to use the "Get to Work" feature (which popped up when I right-clicked upon a character) to clear woods, destroy fords, build fords, turn shallow water into land ("landfill"), and build mines. Recently, however, I have only been able to use the first two of the aforementioned features. That is, my characters are able to clear woods and destroy fords, but not build fords, turn shallow water into land, or build mines.

I've tried this with several campaigns. (An example, using the mainline campaign Hammer of Thursagan, is attached.)
THoT-At the East Gate Turn 7.gz
(24.03 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
The following screen shot shows the way in which I set up this particular campaign.
Screen Shot 2019-09-18 at 6.27.20 PM.png
I am playing version 1.14.3 on Mac OS 10.12.6 "Sierra"
Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht »

I just updated to version 1.14.18a and obtained the same results as the ones reported above.
Robertdebrus

Post by Robertdebrus »

Hello!
Thanks for the kind words! I am looking into it now!
Just to be clear, are you able to use the options that are showing?
Also, did this start happening after any update to the game or addon?
I haven't been playing as much recently, I think just the fact that the option is showing up for lvl1s and higher is a bug. It might not be a bad idea, given that just the lvl 0 version is gonna affect scenario balance, so it might not be bad, but it's al least supposed to only work for lvl 0s and I need to find out why it's not
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

I noticed the spiders after killing a lvl0 attacked a guardian in anewland_4p, you should edit the side number to be as follows:

{ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 5 "Giant Spider" 29 13 4}
        {ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 6 "Giant Spider" 31 13 4}
        {ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 7 "Giant Spider" 29 43 4}
        {ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 8 "Giant Spider" 31 43 4}
Instead of:

{ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 10 "Giant Spider" 29 13 4}
        {ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 10 "Giant Spider" 31 13 4}
        {ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 10 "Giant Spider" 29 43 4}
        {ANL_PLACE_WOUNDED_UNIT 10 "Giant Spider" 31 43 4}
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
hay207

Post by hay207 »

Also, in 2p anl map, there's a lua error. Can't help in that, still learning lua.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
Trossknecht

Post by Trossknecht »

Robertdebrus wrote: September 20th, 2019, 2:45 am Hello!
Thanks for the kind words! I am looking into it now!
Just to be clear, are you able to use the options that are showing?
Also, did this start happening after any update to the game or addon?
I haven't been playing as much recently, I think just the fact that the option is showing up for lvl1s and higher is a bug. It might not be a bad idea, given that just the lvl 0 version is gonna affect scenario balance, so it might not be bad, but it's al least supposed to only work for lvl 0s and I need to find out why it's not
Thank you so much for looking into this.

When a unit is located on a water or marsh hex, the "Make a Ford/Landfill" option appears on the screen. However, clicking either of those options results in nothing.

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 5.18.36 PM.png

When a unit is located on a forrest hex, the "Chop Down Woods" option appears on the screen. This option, however, works.

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 5.20.03 PM.png

Honestly, I cannot remember what triggered this change. I suspect it was a change in the version the basic program. However, I can offer no evidence of that.
[/quote]
hay207

Post by hay207 »

I can help fix the 2p-ANL if you want, since castles have no guards and mines have no lvl 0's.
E73S

Post by E73S »

Hey, just wanted to give you a heads up, when I downloaded the most recent release of this add-on, trying to turn the era on results in it saying the faction flags dependencies are missing. Is there any way I myself can fix that or is that something that has to be done on your end?
hay207

Post by hay207 »

So, the faction flags addon's a dependency now?