The Beautiful Child

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lino1000

Re: The Beautiful Child

Post by lino1000 »

Hey there first of all thanks for making such an awesome campaign. yeah the text gets sometimes a bit too much in my oppinion and could be better written but it seems to be really good overall. I got sadly a "little" bug it seems. when the army comes to attack the village in the third round there comes some howling and then one or a few wolfs should come. but for me an infinite ammount of them spawns and just circles around the elf. they just keep coming and coming as you can see here too http://puu.sh/o2Uys/0d5ea69829.jpg its a bummer since it got me pretty interested too. restarting the campaign didnt help either. I tried reinstalling the campaing and needed mod too. nothing helps :/ I would be happy if you could lend me a hand here
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Yes, I can see that. I have found the cause, I will make an update soon, because this is a really bad bug. Thanks for the alert. Get rid of the elf to avoid it. Alternatively, avoid meeting the wolves before.
lino1000

Post by lino1000 »

zeah i figured that out alreadz but i reallz like the elf and somehow always end up meeting it XD also i hope i can keep my safefile because i kinda want to keep everything i build up till now. anyway thanks for being so active and making such a great mod. looking forward to playing it more later on :D
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Uploaded a fix. You will have to restart the scenario, from a save file made made before the first autosave.
lino1000

Post by lino1000 »

Thanks a lot. it works now and i didnt have to restart anything (expect the first 3 rounds in that map anyway XD) gonna play it a bit later when i have the time for it :D
norskimo

Post by norskimo »

Dugi,

Let me start by saying I love this campaign! I saw there was mention of an issue with the AI pathing in Coming of the Tide. No matter what I do the game crashes at the end of Turn 2, when Konrad II's lancers are moving south from the keep. I've updated the file, tried blocking his units with my own, anything I can think of. Is there a way around the bug?

Thanks! And thanks for making such fun scenarios!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@norskimo
There is nothing special about AI in that scenario. It is most likely a bug in wesnoth. Some of your units must have some properties that something in the AI doesn't like. I suggest to use debug mode to give your units many moves and slay leaders before they recruit (enable debug mode with debug, then hover over a unit and use command unit moves 1000).

I am sorry that this happened to you. And I am also sorry for noticing this too late.
Don_Lazlo

Post by Don_Lazlo »

Hey guys,
I need some help. I have killed every enemy in Farborough, but I cannot advance to the next scenario. I have already explored every bit of the map, but doesn't matter where I go, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Edit:
I found this error in the log, it appears at the start of the scenario:

error scripting/lua: stoul
stack traceback:
[ C]: in field 'label'
lua/wml-tags.lua:785: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:145: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:6: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:5>

I took a look at the scenario cfg file, the problem seems to be during the prestart event, most probably the TBC_TRANSITION macro is the culprit.

Edit 2:
I found the problem, typo in utils.cfg file, line 96.

Edit 3:
Same typos in Goonville.cfg in lines 108, 113, 118, 132. That was an unfortunate copy :mrgreen:
Also in Thunderhold.cfg, and every other scenario, where labels(I have no idea what it is called) are placed on the map.
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

I'm also having issues with ending the Farborough scenario, with the same error in the log at the start of the scenario as Don_Lazio. I'm running it with BfW 1.14.2 on Mac OS 10.13.4... Been a while since I played this one, so I can't really say when this issue began.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have fixed it.
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Thank you!

It ran beautifully until I reached "Coming of the Tide," and after I hit "End Turn" during the third turn, Wesnoth crashed completely. I tried a second time, and it crashed again.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Can you please provide a save file from the third turn when hitting end turn crashes the game? This is a bug in Wesnoth 1.14, but I would like to provide a good error report.
gwen42

Post by gwen42 »

Dugi wrote: June 10th, 2018, 10:02 am Can you please provide a save file from the third turn when hitting end turn crashes the game? This is a bug in Wesnoth 1.14, but I would like to provide a good error report.
Apologies, I did not think to do that. Here it is.
TBC-Coming of the Tide-Auto-Save3.gz
(293.58 KiB) Downloaded 546 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Doesn't happen to me, but my version of Wesnoth is not exactly up-to-date and I cannot update it right now, so I'll have to write the report based on your observation. Your version is 1.14.2, I see, but what operating system do you use?
Grummel

Post by Grummel »

I really like the story behind this campaign.
It's the first one I tried with the invincible extension and it was interesting for a change, but the hero characters got a little overpowered after a while. In fact in Siege of Ziggurat my heroes killed all opposition so quickly that Konrad's troops were unable to deal even a single blow.

I played with BfW 1.12 and I had the same problem as norskimo in Coming of the Tide. In fact I solved it without the use of debug commands:
Spoiler:
I also found another bug:
Spoiler: