The Beautiful Child

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nuorc
Forum Regular

Re: The Beautiful Child

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:I think that people like dabber would report it if iceform was too strong.
I didn't say it was too strong. But its effect seems worthwhile, at least it worked for me.
Dugi wrote:New death sounds? What are you talking about?
Some of the being-hurt and dying-sounds in the game seem unfamiliar. Dunno.
I have a cunning plan.
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Dugi,
sometimes my heroes can't access their inventory,but if I reloaded the scenario from the start,the problem gone(I'm pretty sure that I don't misclicked because I never recruit any unit when the problem appear).
And,Book of Courage doesn't work,when my Shadow Prince (Lunvan) read the book,he got the fearless trait,but he still got the -25% chaotic bonus at morning and afternoon.
And,my Elvish Nightprowler(Elvien) can't suck with her weapon(the bow and sword),even when I equipped her with Marrowrend bow,Ring of Unearthly Existence,Doombringer sword,and Tears of the Dead amulet.
And,is it intended that units from previous scenario can't be recalled?
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

nuorc wrote:Some of the being-hurt and dying-sounds in the game seem unfamiliar. Dunno.
I haven't touched anything here.
ZIM wrote:And,Book of Courage doesn't work,when my Shadow Prince (Lunvan) read the book,he got the fearless trait,but he still got the -25% chaotic bonus at morning and afternoon.
This means that the fearless trait doesn't work. Weird.
ZIM wrote:And,my Elvish Nightprowler(Elvien) can't suck with her weapon(the bow and sword),even when I equipped her with Marrowrend bow,Ring of Unearthly Existence,Doombringer sword,and Tears of the Dead amulet.
Suck doesn't work with nonphysical damage - and Ring of Unearthly existence changes the damage type to arcane.
ZIM wrote:And,is it intended that units from previous scenario can't be recalled?
Yes.
nuorc
Forum Regular

Post by nuorc »

Dugi wrote:
ZIM wrote:And,Book of Courage doesn't work,when my Shadow Prince (Lunvan) read the book,he got the fearless trait,but he still got the -25% chaotic bonus at morning and afternoon.
This means that the fearless trait doesn't work. Weird.
Just as info: I gave the book to the same char and his fearless works flawless.
I have a cunning plan.
demos13

Post by demos13 »

first i would like to say im a huge fan of all your work loti is quite the campaign ;)

im not sure if your still working on this but i found some bugs thought i'd go ahead and report...
hurt unit alot not supported is the gist of the message started when the assassin appeared for the first time and is continuing maybe has something to do with equipping an item to rimaru from the assassin drop as its happens when he attacks or retaliates,although it began before equipping. with the desert price guy,i think maybe something to do with his retaliation ability(the assassins)
also i cant get character information to come up i get a big stream of lua errors messages. i know this isnt a very good report truth is i have never bothered but im such a fan i thought id do it since i had seen it recently updated.

i also wanted to take the time to try and encourage you to make another sweet campaign so plz consider that!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have fixed the bug (I was given a better bug report elsewhere), please download an update.

There is a problem about releasing more campaigns. I am working on something big (it's bigger than LotI already, but not complete enough to be sufficiently playable), I am giving it most of my free time. If I make a small campaign, the result is visible pretty fast, but it delays the main thing. That is why I seem to be slacking, but I am not. Making short campaigns is easier.
matsjoyce

Post by matsjoyce »

Bigger then LotI!?! wow :shock:
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I am not very fond of minimalism...
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I have a suggestion for your campaign(s): weapon specials called for example "disease -4" or "disease -8". Disease reduces unit's current HP and the only way to cure it is to make the unit have current HP >= maximum HP.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I will consider that.
Xellos

Post by Xellos »

Dugi:
I am very happy to hear that you work on something new. I have one advice.
If this campaign will be very long then please use advancement system from Lotl not from short campaigns (where only heroes can use advancements - normal units in for example Affably Evil need so much experience to gain anything...)
Maybe you can improve your system with something similar to idea from ARIA the Dragon slayer where your units gain level after few advancements.
for example:
you have spearman lvl 1 unit. Normally it can advance to swordman then to Royal Guard then ...
Maybe you can change it so spearman(and other units) have 2 or 3 AMLAs then they advance to lvl 2?

WIth that change players can have a lot of fun and it is easier for you to balance things. ;)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That is too offtopic, I have replied in a PM.
Pags

Post by Pags »

What is the path to take from Burke's castle to find/meet King Konrad? Did I miss that detail in a dialogue? Or is that something that it's intended for me to wander through several maps in order to find him? After killing the Shadow assassin guy and his minions in Burke's castle, I left by walking out of the castle, rather than taking a waypoint. Then I went to Burke's town and then back out to the West. In each region the scenario objective has been something like "Meet with Konrad." I checked in the FAQs of Campaign Help, but that seemed a general LotI help.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

You're supposed to head west, it was told that he's behind those hills you had to fight your way through.
Pags

Post by Pags »

Thanks. Yes, I discovered that I headed the right way. Thanks for the response!

I made the "mistake" of equipping Konrad II with some items that were dropped in the rescue scenario, but he appears to be unavailable in subsequent battles (and when on the "allied" side he doesn't have the equipment that I gave him). I wish I could unequip him, but I suppose it's not a dealbreaker, or I'd go back to an old save file.