Lazersquad new scenario (squad multiplayer scenario)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ravana
Forum Moderator

Re: Lazersquad new scenario (squad multiplayer scenario)

Post by Ravana »

Ah yes, this doesnt work, expects variable created at event available before it. I suppose it could be written with formula but that isnt documented enough to try.

Code: Select all

[event]
		name=die
		first_time_only=no
		[filter]
			canrecruit=yes
		[/filter]
		[filter_condition]
			[not]
				[have_unit]
					side=$unit.side
					canrecruit=yes
				[/have_unit]
			[/not]
		[/filter_condition]
		[kill]
			side=$unit.side
			fire_event=yes
			animate=no
		[/kill]
	[/event]
I dont see point to make it completely randomless. With those missiles you could use pseudo random instead.

Do you plan to make it playable for ai?
Last edited by Ravana on September 2nd, 2014, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

that's interesting Ravana, I was using [if][then] but I'll replace with your recommended one using [filter_condition], thx for that.

Perhaps instead of random % factor to hit it might be interesting to play with armour resistance, so whilst the shot is 100% to hit there could be a resistance modifying value. I'm tempted however to just simplify this as described, with balance based on damage and range. Another idea is damage types and accompanying resistance, with custom damage types like laser, bolter, rifle and the unit has a range of resistances for these types, I suspect again this would not enhance the mod but just make it more complex, as it focuses more on tactics, this is also a reason not to use terrain too much, which wasn't strictly intentional, but the result is a mod which focuses totally on the tactics and not on issues like "Oh I need to make this unit to travel on x terrain".

As mentioned I might try for a simplified Ai which can use ranged weapons, at the moment the coop map has a basic spawning AI which radiates toward player spawn points and uses melee only.
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

version="1.0"

new victory conditions
objectives glitch fixed
unlocked income for custom games
Fixed RPG to 80 radius dam and set all ranged to 100% with balance tweaks to damage instead of % fail factor
Set laser icons to more appropriate futuristic ones
Maintainer of Conquest (Original Gameplay), Conquest+, Conquest+ Space/Ranged, Chaoz Battle of the Wizards, Lazersquad (squad game), WesCraft (building MP game)
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

version 1.1/ 1.2

Machine gun turret can fire 5 times (uses movement) it still has 1 line of sight only
Demolition man can now take down turrets
laela - your code produced a load of LUA errors, but I made a new version using your conditional method which seems to work ok:

#define VICTORY_CONDITIONS

[event]
      name=die
      first_time_only=no
      [filter]
         canrecruit=yes
      [/filter]
      [filter_condition]
         [not]
            [have_unit]
               side=$side_number
               canrecruit=yes
            [/have_unit]
         [/not]
      [/filter_condition]
      [kill]
         side=$side_number
         animate=no
      [/kill]
   fire_event=yes
   [/event]

#enddef
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Lazersquad 1.3

Mercenary units have 1 move when recruited and cannot discharge ammunition on turn 1.
Gwledig

Lazersquad is now on the 1.12.0 server

Post by Gwledig »

Lazersquad is now available on the new 1.12.0 server. Please PM me (Gwledig) or post to the Lazersquad thread.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Lazersquad version="1.4"

Added instruction how to view the Random maps in the game lobby setup in opening screen & in-game Scenario Objectives:

- To make the 'Random' maps available in the game lobby, change 'Game Type' to 'Random Maps'
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

version="1.5"

Fixed broken Alien Queen spawning unit's icon in middle of map in the coop "Space Hulk" scenario where hordes of aliens spawn continually.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

I thought I'd add some pics from Lazersquad to show the gameplay:

This shows a conscript basic 1 gold unit firing their rifle ranged weapon, the "projectile" is moved to attack an enemy unit at range:
Conscript rifle shot.png
Conscript rifle shot.png (141.23 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
This shows the Sharpshooter unit, this unit has the sniper shot with a longer range:
snipers range attacks.png
This shows an RPG fired by the bazooka unit, the RPG has good range and radius damage:
RPG2.png
RPG2.png (211.85 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
This shows the Alien Queen unit, spawning alien units each turn in the Coop map:
alien queen spawning.png
alien queen spawning.png (175.65 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
This shows fortifications to block enemies, built by the Engineer units, projectiles can pass by fortifications as long as there are free hexes to move onto:
fortifications.png
fortifications.png (235.8 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
Gwledig

Re: Lazersquad sample replay

Post by Gwledig »

And here is a sample replay of the Coop map (all players vs. Alien spawn)
Attachments
Lazersquad_Gwledig_vs_H2L_Space_Hulk_Co..._replay.gz
(139.92 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

I have updated Lazersquad on the 1.14 server, please also see this announcement:

https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=50203#p645004
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Sight update of Lazersquad (1.8.0) multiplayer addon, fog clears on unit recruit or use of ranged weapons/missiles.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Lazersquad 1.9 - fixed teleport bug in Lazersquad shop upgrade.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Mod updated to fix a bug in loot ability.
Gwledig

Post by Gwledig »

Lazersquad 2.1 updates -
AI cooperative map - 1 more alien spawns per player per AI side turn.
AI cooperative map - restored previously broken AI MWL for AL to invade player map areas, protect alien queen and sets aggression to highest level, AI will also capture vilas.