World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SatHyre

Re: World Conquest II

Post by SatHyre »

hi all,

when you rotate your units in front-line, you have to guess which faction will attack first to put the right units to survive the attack. of course, to know that, you can click on one AI unit to see his color or watch on mini-map. but that is not very helpful when there are 2, 3 or more lines of AI units.
my request is to show their side number in their orb.
make it as an option that you can activate/deactivate during the game.
thanks
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi,
another bug: bezoar item. it is undead, fearless, healthy and tenacity. just tenacity works.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

What a disaster this version is.

Steadfast is also broken. Grants the ability steadfast, but doesn't grant the bonus resists.

Also, several items, when taken, lower the units HP.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

jb wrote: April 17th, 2022, 10:11 pm Steadfast is also broken. Grants the ability steadfast, but doesn't grant the bonus resists.
If you're talking about mainline WC, the armour artifact gives resists, it works fine.

But yes, a lot of bugs and taking into mainline made it difficult to patch them.

To be honest, if I were a PM, I would make a special exception that World Conquest bugfixes can break backward compatibility inside the 1.16 line. Yes, that's awful, but 2 years of the campaign being broken isn't any better, if not worse, to my taste
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

dwarftough wrote: April 18th, 2022, 10:18 am
jb wrote: April 17th, 2022, 10:11 pm Steadfast is also broken. Grants the ability steadfast, but doesn't grant the bonus resists.
If you're talking about mainline WC, the armour artifact gives resists, it works fine.

But yes, a lot of bugs and taking into mainline made it difficult to patch them.

To be honest, if I were a PM, I would make a special exception that World Conquest bugfixes can break backward compatibility inside the 1.16 line. Yes, that's awful, but 2 years of the campaign being broken isn't any better, if not worse, to my taste
It works, but is also broken. The map the item is taken, the item works as intended. The next map, the resists are removed. Saving/reloading fixes the issue...but to say it works fine is misleading. It kinda works.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

jb wrote: April 19th, 2022, 3:48 pm
It works, but is also broken. The map the item is taken, the item works as intended. The next map, the resists are removed. Saving/reloading fixes the issue...but to say it works fine is misleading. It kinda works.
Strange... I didn't manage to reproduce, for me the resists stay as intended on the next map

UPD: aha, I see, that's when the leader gets the item it got reset, for other units it's fine. Yeah, weird
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Hi Its been a long time since i talked in this thread.
tekelili wrote: August 7th, 2021, 5:57 pm Hello, I apologize for be out of Wesnoth without any advice. I had a serious mental depresion that made my comunications with other people very difficult. I also want to thanks gfgtdf for mantain this add on, I deserve him the best in that task. I also want to give a hug to my old friendas jb and paso, who played with me a lot and helped so much in test. I feel very sorry for not being able to play Wesnoth anymore, my brain is no longer in sane mod, just too sad to concentrate in a game.
Nice to hear form you again. And thanks for your supporting words. Hope you'll get better :)
SatHyre wrote: December 30th, 2021, 2:59 pm thanks.
i am not sure but the PUA bug would appear only when you tick on "apply to all...".
WCs own pua mod is currently disabled for the 1.16 mainline version, it seems like this happend accidentially, but its questionable whether it makes sense to bring it back considering that wesnoth 1.16 has its own pua mod.
stencil wrote: January 25th, 2022, 8:11 pm Hello, just quick question about WCII: when playing single player on 1.16 it is always giving me three special points on the map (i.e. the ones that give the unit/training/special item). When I was playing WCII on 1.14 I think I remember that the number of those points was dependent on number of players, so single player would only have one of those points. Was it intentionally changed for 1.16 to include more points regardless of number of players, or is that a bug? Thanks very much!
We could change that back, without breaking compatibility, but i fear this would make some people unhappy who got used to the current version. And i really don't want to give people any reason not to update to wesnoth 1.16.9 when it comes out.
Bob_The_Mighty wrote: February 28th, 2022, 1:58 am 3. We gave the flight stick to a mage with disengage which worked a treat. However, it was a shame that the item didn't give 50% defence on all terrain which is what I would have expected.
Hmm there are currently some issues, of effects being lost in the next scenario, could this be one of these cases?
Bob_The_Mighty wrote: February 28th, 2022, 1:58 am 4. The description for war banner is either misleading or the code is wrong. I gave it to an Orc Ruler, but the leadership bonus wasn't cumulative as stated. I got +20% for a unit of the same level, but only +25% for a lower-level unit. I expected +45%. Also, the description mentions "allies" which made me worry that it would only affect my team-mate's units. Maybe it should be reworded for clarity.
Yes this is because wesnoth 1.16 changed how [leadership] cumulative=yes worked. While it is in theory possible to fix this in 1.16 without breaking compatibility (without oos with older version), it'd be rather complex, not sure whether its worth it tbh.
SatHyre wrote: April 6th, 2022, 6:14 pm hi,
another bug: bezoar item. it is undead, fearless, healthy and tenacity. just tenacity works.

This will hopefully be fixed in wesnoth 1.16.9
jb wrote: April 19th, 2022, 3:48 pm It works, but is also broken. The map the item is taken, the item works as intended. The next map, the resists are removed. Saving/reloading fixes the issue...but to say it works fine is misleading. It kinda works.
This will hopefully be fixed in wesnoth 1.16.9
Antro wrote: September 26th, 2021, 12:43 pm Hi gents, translating WCII to italian I noticed some... issues:

- the campagn id is not translatable WC_II_1
Whats shown there is actually not the id, but the name, which is generated inside the lua mapgen. Will try to fix this one aswell, although i'm a bit unsure on how to do it.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Post by hay207 »

Hi, Guys can you add the rest of pairable factions to the WC ?
I tried that and succeeded
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

hay207 wrote: March 29th, 2023, 2:23 pm Hi, Guys can you add the rest of pairable factions to the WC ?
I tried that and succeeded
For wesnoth 1.16 there will be no changes in this regard, only bugfixes, for wesnoth 1.17/1.18 not sure. You can however create your own era that can be used together with world conquest, its very easy: it's smilar to wrtite your own [era] but you additionally have to add the [world_conquest_data] tag in [era] and in [multiplayer_side] Like the standard World conquest era does. So you don't even need to write any lua or actionwml code for that.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

We fixed most (or all, not sure) of the bugs mentioned above in wesnoth 1.16.9. It's strongly recommend to upgrade to 1.16.9 when playing the mainline version of WC2.
wuxiangjinxing

Post by wuxiangjinxing »

I found two problems:
1)The epic trait not only fixes AMLA XP, so a peasant with epic trait requires 60 XP to level up.
2)The ancient lich who teaches us dark training lv 2 is talking ungrammatically.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

wuxiangjinxing wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 7:16 pm I found two problems:
1)The epic trait not only fixes AMLA XP, so a peasant with epic trait requires 60 XP to level up.
2)The ancient lich who teaches us dark training lv 2 is talking ungrammatically.
First, I don't k ow when /whether a new 1.16 release will happens so it's u sure whether/when these will be fixed in 1.16.

About (1) do you k ow whether this is a change from the original wc2 by tekelili it whether it has always been like that?

About (2) I'm not a Native English speaker so i were to fix this I'd probably also sound a little strange, maybe i can ask someone what a better formulation would be.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

gfgtdf wrote: May 24th, 2023, 12:38 am [
About (1) do you k ow whether this is a change from the original wc2 by tekelili it whether it has always been like that?
hi,

in wesnoth 1.14, units with epic trait got 30 xp at level 1, and 60 xp at higher levels. 1.16 gives 60 xp for all levels.
if i remember well, you have resolved the same issue in 1.14.
and i suggest that no units with level3 got this trait. only units with level 2 max like ogre, orc assassin, ulf, gryphon.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

SatHyre wrote: September 2nd, 2023, 9:17 am
gfgtdf wrote: May 24th, 2023, 12:38 am [
hi,

in wesnoth 1.14, units with epic trait got 30 xp at level 1, and 60 xp at higher levels. 1.16 gives 60 xp for all levels.
if i remember well, you have resolved the same issue in 1.14.
and i suggest that no units with level3 got this trait. only units with level 2 max like ogre, orc assassin, ulf, gryphon.
This will be fixed for 1.17 https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/comm ... 673fc1d382 , for technical reasons its hard to fix in mainline 1.16

The 4 units that get the epic trait are Orcish Assassin,Young Ogre,Ruffian,Woodsman i think we didn't change this. Orcish Assassin and Young Ogre get it becasue they be rather weak otherwise and Ruffian and Woodsman get it to compensate for them starting at level 0. if we want to remove it from Ruffian and Woodsman we need to find out another way to compensate for them starting at level 0.
angrynarwhal

Post by angrynarwhal »

I've been looking at adjusting the difficulty of WC_ii nightmare. World Conquest (in my opinion) provides some of the best replay value out of all content in the game, and with enough play we may start looking to add more variety and challenge to it. Hence we have people adding new eras and mods, eg. Ageless WC, Invincibles WC, Legends, Magic Conquest. Making the hardest difficulty yet more challenging could make for a better challenge, for playing with your chosen combination of glorious skill, rerolling for interesting maps, luck, non-default eras, save scumming.

I propose either making hard & nightmare more difficult, or adding 1-2 new difficulties past nightmare. In looking through the code (for 1.17), difficulty changes to WC are quite easy on the surface. It is however more difficult to adjust how those difficulty changes flow through each of the 5 maps. I believe we could have enough interest in this to justify making the change to the main WC campaign(s), to work with both default and such mods as Magic Conquest.

Also posting to the discord.
Hi Sat.