World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: World Conquest II

Post by gfgtdf »

SatHyre wrote: October 11th, 2019, 6:26 am hello gfgtdf,

some requests :
- make the faction Empire available in the random list for the players.
Hmm i think this is already possible by changing a variable in the config.cfg file.
SatHyre wrote: October 11th, 2019, 6:26 am - make the faction Dunefolk available for AI. we want to fight them.
sure why not. Maybe you coudl suggest a concreate side configureation (which recallable units, which leaders, which extra unit would a dunefolk enemy coleader give to the enemies etc.), as its given here https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... y.cfg#L254 for the other default enemy factions. i'll probably make it opional though.
SatHyre wrote: October 11th, 2019, 6:26 am Before we set if we have to double them or not.
Im curious, who is 'we' here?
SatHyre wrote: October 11th, 2019, 6:26 am - a new level of difficulty. more difficult than nightmare, the max level now.
As i dont know/count how many the lvl2 and 3 are, can you please give me the settings?
You can see the enemy defnitions here:
https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... my.cfg#L50
the {WCT_ENEMYlines desceibe each a side for that scenario and the last two numbers are the number of level2 and level3 recalls.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

ghype wrote: July 7th, 2019, 11:44 am I was looking into how to add more items/heros/abilities into this mod. I think another difficulty could fit and make an update worthwhile.
I'm hoping to see these additions soon or in the next update
Loading Advertisement
Pagawan

Post by Pagawan »

A return to 6 maps should also be considered :whistle:
Loading Advertisement
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

for dunefolk definitions :

recruit and recall

recruit
dune burner
dune piercer
dune rider
dune rover
dune soldier

recall
level2
dune scorcher
dune sunderer
dune raider
dune swiftrider
dune skirmisher
dune explorer
dune swordsman
dune spearguard

level3
dune firetrooper
dune cataphract
dune marauder
dune windrider
dune harrier
dune ranger
dune blademaster
dune spearmaster

commander and leader

level1
dune burner
dune piercer
dune rider
dune rover
dune soldier

level2
dune scorcher
dune skirmisher
dune explorer
dune swordsman
dune spearguard

level3
dune firetrooper
dune harrier
dune ranger
dune blademaster
dune spearmaster

for the others factions, the recruit list depend of the leader. to simplify, for dunefolk, all leaders have the same recruit list.

for nightmare level, $difficulty.enemy_power equals what?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

SatHyre wrote: October 11th, 2019, 3:18 pm for the others factions, the recruit list depend of the leader. to simplify, for dunefolk, all leaders have the same recruit list.
hmm ye maybe we shodul do thin i also dont really want to invest muhc in findin the best recruilist if i have to change it anways for the 1.15 dunfolk chnages later.
SatHyre wrote: October 11th, 2019, 3:18 pm for nightmare level, $difficulty.enemy_power equals what?
according to this line
https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... o.cfg#L153
its 9.

But for simplicitly of the impelementation i'd really prefer if we could just add another difficulty of the same format as above like so somethign like

{WCT_DIFFICULTY NIGHTMARE_II 12 8 1 0 no 52} which will give the sides more lvl2 recalls, more lvl 3 recalls little more gold etc, ina way that im not 100% sure of. Or an even easier idea: i add some 'custom'/'debug' diffuicilty that'll give the player sliders to control these optiosn directly
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi,
gfgtdf wrote: October 11th, 2019, 9:31 pm hmm ye maybe we shodul do thin i also dont really want to invest muhc in findin the best recruilist if i have to change it anways for the 1.15 dunfolk chnages later.
it's thin what i suggest no?
if you want thinner than that, let's make just 3 units to be leaders. these :

level2
dune explorer
dune swordsman
dune spearguard

level3
dune ranger
dune blademaster
dune spearmaster

they have the same recruit and recall list.
gfgtdf wrote: October 11th, 2019, 9:31 pm according to this line
https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... o.cfg#L153
its 9.

But for simplicitly of the impelementation i'd really prefer if we could just add another difficulty of the same format as above like so somethign like

{WCT_DIFFICULTY NIGHTMARE_II 12 8 1 0 no 52} which will give the sides more lvl2 recalls, more lvl 3 recalls little more gold etc, ina way that im not 100% sure of. Or an even easier idea: i add some 'custom'/'debug' diffuicilty that'll give the player sliders to control these optiosn directly
{WCT_DIFFICULTY NIGHTMARE_II 12 8 1 0 no 52}
enemy.power = 12 so more recall in map 3 to 5. but no changes to map1 to map2 no? as the recall numbre is fixed :

Code: Select all

###### enemy army  for 1 player ######################
#define WORLD_CONQUEST_TEK_ENEMY_1P_SCENARIO_1
	{WCT_ENEMY_BONUS_GOLD 150}
	{WCT_ENEMY 4 1 0 0 0 1 0}
#enddef

#define WORLD_CONQUEST_TEK_ENEMY_1P_SCENARIO_2
	{WCT_ENEMY_BONUS_GOLD 135}
	{WCT_ENEMY 4 0 0 0 0 1 0}
	{WCT_ENEMY 5 0 1 0 0 1 0}
#enddef
i prefer the settings of nightmare II as the same of nightmare for this :

{WCT_DIFFICULTY NIGHTMARE_II 9 7 1 0 no 50}
but changement in the number :
- map1 and map2 : recall X 2.
- map3 : recall +1
- map4 : recall +2
- map5 : recall +3

like this for 1p :

###### enemy army  for 1 player ######################
#define WORLD_CONQUEST_TEK_ENEMY_1P_SCENARIO_1
	{WCT_ENEMY 4 1 0 0 0 2 0}
#enddef

#define WORLD_CONQUEST_TEK_ENEMY_1P_SCENARIO_2
	{WCT_ENEMY_BONUS_GOLD 135}
	{WCT_ENEMY 4 0 0 0 0 2 0}
	{WCT_ENEMY 5 0 1 0 0 2 0}
#enddef

#define WORLD_CONQUEST_TEK_ENEMY_1P_SCENARIO_3
	{WCT_ENEMY_BONUS_GOLD 140}
	{WCT_ENEMY 4 0 0 0 0 3 2}
	{WCT_ENEMY 5 0 0 6 0 3 2}
	{WCT_ENEMY 6 1 1 0 0 "$($difficulty.enemy_power-6)+1" 2}
#enddef

#define WORLD_CONQUEST_TEK_ENEMY_1P_SCENARIO_4
	{WCT_ENEMY 4 2 0 5 1 7 3}
	{WCT_ENEMY 5 0 1 0 0 "$($difficulty.enemy_power-4)+2" 3}
	{WCT_ENEMY 6 1 1 0 0 "$($difficulty.enemy_power-5)+2" 3}
	{WCT_ENEMY 7 0 0 3 0 "$($difficulty.enemy_power-4)+2" 3}
#enddef

#define WORLD_CONQUEST_TEK_ENEMY_1P_SCENARIO_6
	{WCT_ENEMY_BONUS_GOLD 175}
	{WCT_ENEMY 4 3 9 2 0 17 "$($difficulty.enemy_power-4)+3"}

{WCT_ENEMY 5 2 8 0 0 "$($difficulty.enemy_power*2-4)+3" "$($difficulty.enemy_power-3)+3"}

{WCT_ENEMY 6 3 1 7 0 "$($difficulty.enemy_power*2-5)+3" "$($difficulty.enemy_power-3)+3"}

{WCT_ENEMY 7 2 1 0 0 "$($difficulty.enemy_power*2-5)+3" "$($difficulty.enemy_power-3)+3"}

{WCT_ENEMY 8 2 0 2 1 "$($difficulty.enemy_power*2-5)+3" 10}

{WCT_ENEMY 9 2 1 4 1 16 "$($difficulty.enemy_power-3)+3"}
#enddef
i dislike to give to players the control those options because that makes many things to do at the beginning to choose the right options.

and for the name, i suggest HELL instead of NIGHTMARE_II. NIGHTMARE_II can lead to a confusion.
ghype

WC II Rework

Post by ghype »

Hello everone

as most of you remember, I talked to you about doing some changes in WC II and add new content. You suggested many good ideas but not all of them were realistic. However, I am gonna present all the changes I am planning to implement together with gfgtdf.

The Empire

• Dunefolk Rework:
    With 1.15 Dunefolk got a complete overhaul starting with new units, new sprites and new balance. All of that has to be implemented correctly otherwise WCII will no longer work correctly.

• Empire as Enemy:
    Many expressed this wish which seems natural. AI will be able to now use Dunefolk factions as well.

• Dunefolk And Other Alliances:
    Right now, there is only one alliance for Dunefolk which has units from all factions. Instead of that, the Empire should be an alliance with a single faction. And just as other factions we can have more then just one alliance. As for now, the factions are featured 3 times each.
    • Option #1 - What ever alliance we choose, it means that that faction in alliance with Dunefolk will more likely to drop as it will appear 4 times while the other only 3 times. If we accept that fact, we can choose 3 factions out of the 6 default which we want to pair up with Dunefolk
    • Option #2 - We create an factions alliances between Dunefolk and all 6 default factions and call it like the old one "The Empire". It is random however wich of the 6 alliance with Dunefolk you get. So it means, that when you pick "The Empire" you will not be able to choose the alliance. It will be always random.
    • Option #3 - The last resort would be to maintain the current stage and just adjust them to the new added units. It means that "The Empire" will be featuring one units from each faction and thats it. But I am rather interested to work on the first two options instead of this one.
Alliances

Fixing The Cult:
Dunefolk is currently in a recruitment pair/pattern of the Loy/Undead alliance which is very questionable and immersion breaking. Furthermore, most of the units have no recruitment pairings which makes this faction exploitable towards the others.
The only units in recruitment patterns are Heavy Infantry <--> Ghost and Walking Corpse <--> Dune Herbalist (which shouldn't be here).

Spearman, Skeleton, Bowman, Skeleton Archer, Mage, Dark Adept, Horseman, Ghoul, Fencer, Cavalryman, Vampire Bat, Merman Fighter - they all are not, but should.

This is what I suggest:
  • Spearman <--> Skeleton
  • Bowman <--> Skeleton Archer
  • Mage <--> Dark Adept
  • Fencer <--> Goul
Left are Walking Corpse, Horseman, Cavalryman, Vampire Bat, Merman Fighter. We are running in the same problem as Tekelili did. We have 5 units which makes us impossible to get even 2 pairs pattern.

Since Loyalists has one more unit then Undead, one of that will be unpaired. This is what I suggest with the rest units:
  • Cavalryman <--> Vampire Bat
  • Horseman <--> Walking Corpse
  • Merman Fighter <--> Merman Fighter

Revise other Alliances:

Now this step is not necessary but there are some irregularities. While some factions are completely paired (unless they have uneven unit numbers) others are not completely paired and hence have up to 10 recruits because of that while others have much less. The following pairs are just suggestions, but are not mandatory:

The Alliance - Loyalist & Knalgan - completely paired
The Gang - Rebels & Northener
Orcish Grunt, Elvish Archer, Orcish Archer, Elvish Shaman, Orcish Assassin, Wose are not paired. These are quiet many unpaired units where there is not reason why they shouldn't. This is the most natural suggestion:
  • Elvish Archer <-->Orcish Archer
  • Elvish Shaman <-->Orcish Assassin
  • Wose <-->Orcish Grunt
The Guild - Rebels & Undead
Elvish Fighter, Dark Adept, Ghost, Merman Hunter, Mermaid Initiate are not paired. Finding good pairings for this faction is hard as it might mess the balance. Currently Wose is paired with Skeleton which I would unpair to better pair the other ones. All units find fitting pairs without messing with balance. Woses and Ghosts are untis you are not frequently recruits while Skeleton is a good fit for Elvish Fighter. The Adept remains unpaired in order to maintain balance. This is my suggestion:
  • Elvish Fighter <--> Skeleton
  • Wose <--> Ghost
  • Adept <--> Adept
  • Mermaid Hunter <--> Mermaid Initiate
The Hand - Loyalists & Northerner
Troll Whelp, Heavy Infantry and Young Ogre are not paired. While the Young Ogre is not really part of either faction, I know it is a favourite unit of some of you. So I have no problem in keeping it. But we could still pair up the others like this:
  • Heavy Infantry <--> Troll Whelp
  • Young Ogre<--> Young Ogre
The Horde - Drake & Northerner
Goblin Spearman, Saurian Skirmisher and Naga Fighter are not paired. Hence I would suggest it to be like this:
  • Goblin Spearman <--> Saurian Skirmisher
  • Naga Fighter <--> Naga Fighter
The Militia - Rebels & Knalgan - completely paried
The Scourge - Drake & Undead - comletely paired
The Trust - Drake & Knalgan - completely paired

Creating New Alliances

If we do a larger scale of update, it is considerable to create new alliances as well. Alliances that we do not yet have are:
  • Loyalists & Drakes
  • Loyalists & Rebels
  • Undead & Knalgan
  • Undead & Northerners
  • Rebels & Drakes
  • Northerner & Knalgan
Now 6 new factions are a bit much but doable. However, considering that we are reworking "The Emprie" as well, where me might combine Dunefolk with 3 others faction as discussed in Option #1, we could use the remaining 3 factions to create 3 new Alliances. If we don't want that, we just choose a 3 aliences (or for my sake all of them).
New Heros/Commanders/Enemies

There are many mainline and campaign units that could be introduce as WC II already features campaign units as heros. Here is a collection of the unit lines that fit in WC II. All of them are from the mainline campaigns. The Lv1 units will drop only when choosing a commander (which is random) or when opening a bonus item. The Lv2 and Lv3 of these units will drop as enemy/AI heros (who have items) or commanders.
  • Dwarfs:
    Lv1 Outcast, Lv2 Wesfolk Lady, Lv3 Wesfolk Leader
    Lv1 Rogue Mage, Lv2 Shadow Mage, Lv3 Shadow Lord
    Lv1 Annalist, Lv2 Witness, Lv3 Loremaster
  • Undead:
    Lv1 Apprentice Mage, Lv2 Apprentice Necromancer, Lv3 Dark Mage
  • Orcs:
    Lv1 Orcish Shaman, Lv2 Novice Orcish Shaman, Lv3 Elder Orcish Shaman
There are some other extra units which have no lv1 and hence will appear only on AI side
  • Orcs:
    Lv2 Nightblade
  • Loayalists:
    Lv2 Human Princess, Lv3 Human Battleprincess
    Lv2 Infantry Lieutenant
  • Undead:
    Lv2 Vampire Lady
    Lv2 Familiar
    Lv2 Spider Lich
    Lv2 Flesh Golem
Fixing Existing Heros
  • Chocoboner:
    That unit was properly one of the most recently added to Wc II. But personally I think it was added in the wrong place. Instead of letting it lv up from the walking corpse, we should use it as an extra unit as the ones named earlier and limit its lv up to lv1 as normal until we find a better fit.
  • Pillager:
    Jumping from Goblin Spearman to Pillager seems also a bit off, though not as much as the Chocoboner. If the Pillager would wield at least a spear instead of a torch, then it could work. Thats why I made a new sprite only for that. This is only the base sprite but I gonna animate it just like the default Pillager.
    New Image:
New Items
There are still unexplored possibilities for new items with unique bonuses. It is important to maintain balance though.
There are still some training bonuses that could be turned into items as well.
Other items could be inspired by ageless ability such as "ranged backstab" or "precision".
Item concept that could be considered to have too strong of buffs could now feature debuffs as well.
Stronger (new) items could be dropped only by AI and will not appear in the item list. There are many possibilities.

Provisions:
  • +4 heal
  • +4 regen

Item Name:
  • Full Movement on turn recruited or recalled
  • +moves defense

Item Name:
  • melee marksman
  • melee first-strike

Item Name:
  • ranged first-strike
  • +30% ranged dmg

Item Name:
  • concealment
  • +5% village defense
  • +5hp

Item Name:
  • ranged backstab

Item Name:
  • melee disengage

Item Name:
  • ranged arcane/cold/fire precision
Other Changes
  • Fishes:
    One big and re-occuring complain is the dropping of mermaids and nagas as heros in bad places.
    Removing them from the hero list would be too of an agressive solution.
    Instead of that, we could make it a condition that it drops only in water/swamp villages.
    This way player has a chance to at least get away with it if is not in a good position.

• Observers Dialog:
    This one is more of a personal request, but removing the dialog when observing
    would increase the game flow so much more ..Observers have to click dozen of times just to watch a game. And WC II is very popular, so there are many observers.

• Increasing Castle Size:
    Considering that another difficulty level is going to be added, increasing the castle size with 2 hexes from map 5+ is kind of necessary. Good players will even reach 500g + on nightmare and the castle size is just no big enough to get all your recruits. At the same time you could say that it limits your recruitment and hence raises the difficulty, but it rather limits your strategies then actively raising difficulty, since you have to decide on which recruits/recalls you have to give up on. I think I could code this as well, but I wouldn't want to mess with map gen.

Please read all detailed changes so we can discuss the changes and find out what everyone ones the most. Here is a recap on what exactly we have to decide on. If at some point, no conclusion regarding one of the following questions was made, gfgtdf and me will decide regarding what the best for balance and future developments.

(1) Dunefolk And Other Alliances:
Which of the 3 given options do we choose on how to handle the addition of new alliance with Dunefolk?

(2) Fixing The Cult:
Do you agree with the suggested changes for the recruitment pattern? If not, how else would you want it to be?

(3) Revise Other Alliances:
Do you agree with the suggested changes for all the other alliances and their recruitment pattern? If not, how else would you want it to be?

(4) Creating New Alliances:
How many new faction alliances do you want to be added? Do we consider to create 3 new alliances with 3 default factions and the other 3 go in alliance with Dunefolk?

(5) New Items:
Do you want to see more items? Please suggest any item ideas if you have some!

If there is anything else you want to be implemented and I forgot to mention, make sure to leave a comment.

Thanks for your time.

SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi,

Dunefolk : option 1 is the best for me. and the other 3 factions paired up with are dwarves, northerners and undead. because these 3 factions are paired with lawful factions. their heroes factions have to be set : like drakes (loyalists as heroes) or like loyalists (elves as heroes) ? i opt for loyalists heroes.
but if you add new alliances, you have to pair Dunefolk with the 6 others factions too.

Alliances : Tek unpaired some factions because they are really hard when paired. he wrote about it : lazy to find the post. the same reason for The cult to have the Dunefolk healer. as i suck playing the 3 elves alliances, better we ask some players if it's a good idea to re-pair them.

New alliances : you have now 9 factions (i dont count Empire). with the new alliances, there will be 21 alliances. :? and you have to set their heroes factions : northeners got undead as heroes. northeners and undead alliances got what factions as heroes?

New heroes : why not?

Fixing heroes : an hero who has level 1 as max level is unfair. so, you don't change or remove the walking corpse and goblin as hero.

New items : have in consideration that adding items means that there are less chance to get the good items like arcane and fire ranged, plague or drain.
+4 heal and + regen : there are already +8 heal and cure, +8 regen and +4 heal. imo, no.
full movement and +moves defense : i say no.
ok for the others items.
if i remember, precision means 90% of accurancy ? why not.

Fishes : i asked players about it. many dont have opinions, few answered they like the fishes. i have no opinion.

Dialog : i dont understand.

Castle size : ok to add 2 hexes for scenario 5.
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Hi. Thanks for keeping WCII alive.

As someone who has played a game or two (thousand) and someone who worked with both Natasiel and Tekelili on past development, I have a few thoughts.

-Adding Dunefolk enemy: This is a good idea and will add some fun new challenges.

-New Alliances: Could be fun to try new combos. Be careful about adding too much at once. Try to include 1 or 2 only and see how they play before adding more.

-New Heroes: Be careful to add any hero that is not in default wesnoth. No custom units. Currently WCII is fully compatible to any player even if they don't have the scenario installed (only host needs it). Please keep it this way. There is a reason the WCII terrain is optional.

-New Items: I am not against new items. They can be fun. But the items currently in your list are not great. There is a reason that ranged upgrade items are more rare. Also, and very important, the more items you add to the total list reduces your chances of getting an essential item (drain/flight/ranged magic staff/etc.). More items muddies the waters.

Fishes: Keep fish heroes. Not every hero should be top tier. It's important to have crappy heroes to balance the challenge. Too much salt ruins the stew. If everyone is good then nothing is special.

Castle Size: I don't have a strong opinion.

cheers
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

jb wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:28 pm Currently WCII is fully compatible to any player even if they don't have the scenario installed (only host needs it). Please keep it this way. There is a reason the WCII terrain is optional.
Wesnoth 1.14 and later will automatically download add-ons if needed when you join a game. So I'll probably not keep it that way.

In fact the 1.14 WCII version does formally require download ( alhough it technically doesn't, I just set this option to make people update to newer versions faster)
jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by jb »

Wesnoth 1.14 and later will automatically download add-ons if needed when you join a game. So I'll probably not keep it that way.

In fact the 1.14 WCII version does formally require download ( alhough it technically doesn't, I just set this option to make people update to newer versions faster)
Only if the WCII terrain is enabled (which is a checkbox). Otherwise, it does not require download.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
ghype

Response to Sathyre

Post by ghype »

SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm Dunefolk : option 1 is the best for me. and the other 3 factions paired up with are dwarves, northerners and undead.
So your suggestions are:
- Dunefolk & Dwarves
- Dunefolk & Northeners
- Dunefolk & Undead ?
SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm Alliances : Tek unpaired some factions because they are really hard when paired. he wrote about it : lazy to find the post.
Well, adding content for more experienced players is the goal of this update. New players will pick their favourite faction instead of going random. If some of the new alliances turn out to be "hard" then it's not a problem. Balance can be tweaked by changing the unit pairs.
SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm the same reason for The cult to have the Dunefolk healer
The Cult at the moment is the "easiest" alliance as it gives you +8 healer as recruitable. Reason for removing Herbalist is that not only does is not fit in the alliance, but it no longer will be +8 heal but +4 heal/regen instead, which will not be that beneficial for that alliance. Other alliances have also no starting healers. If you require a healer on scenario 1 than you either try your luck with a the item list or the heros. If you are unlucky than you have to adjust your play-style according to that.
SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm as i suck playing the 3 elves alliances, better we ask some players if it's a good idea to re-pair them.
well, thats the beauty. Even some alliances are considered stronger and some easier, it really doesnt matter because everyone has other factions they can play the best.

SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm New alliances : you have now 9 factions (i dont count Empire). with the new alliances, there will be 21 alliances.
No, there will never be 21 factions. As you said we have 9 factions without "The Emprie".
  • Option #1 - will have the 9 default alliance and 3 new Dunefolk alliances. So you will have a total of 12 alliances.
  • Option #2 - will have the 9 default alliance and only 1 new Dunefolk factions. But it will be like 6 new but you will not be able to pick because the paired faction for Dunefolk is random. So you have a total of 10 factions to pick, but in reality it is like 15.
  • Option #3 - will have the 9 default alliance and only 3 new Dunefolk alliances and 3 new default alliances. Dunefolk will ally with 3 of the 6 default factions and the remaining 3 default factions will form 3 new default alliances. So in total you will have 12 Default alliances and 3 Dunefolk alliances. A total of 15 pickable alliances.
The old empire alliance will not exist anymore in any of the 3 options.
SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm Fixing heroes : an hero who has level 1 as max level is unfair. so, you don't change or remove the walking corpse and goblin as hero.
Well, for the goblin I will create a new (but very similar) lv2 - if we will not stay with core content only.
If we do stay with core content only, it is maybe a better idea to give both of them unique AMLA? Maybe even AMLA you can pick so you can costumize them? Just like the Dust Devil in UtbS or Konrad/Haldric in their campaigns.
They will stay lv1 but get stronger with every lv up. What do you think of that?
SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm New items : have in consideration that adding items means that there are less chance to get the good items like arcane and fire ranged, plague or drain.
that means that the items that are gonna be added has to be stronger then I suggested them. I will revise them.
SatHyre wrote: October 17th, 2019, 2:17 pm if i remember, precision means 90% of accurancy ? why not.
It is 80%. Maybe not strong enough. As I said, will revise all of them.
ghype

Response to jb

Post by ghype »

jb wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:28 pm -New Alliances: Could be fun to try new combos. Be careful about adding too much at once. Try to include 1 or 2 only and see how they play before adding more.
I do not plan to release anything without proper testing. My contribution on the Dunefolk Rework will show for that.
jb wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:28 pm -New Heroes: Be careful to add any hero that is not in default wesnoth. No custom units.
None of these units are custom, however they aren't core either (not all of them).
I think gfgtdf will decide wether it will stay core content or not, but generally speaking I agree with him. None of the current players are just casually playing wc when they see some one else playing it. Most of players are dedicated players who already own that add-on in they library. So that argument doesn't weight that much.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that you playing your own version of WC II so for you it would be good to maintain it core only so you wouldn't have to share it with everyone everytime you want to play with some new. But since you are playing your own version anyway, you wouldn't care that much over the state of the official WC II. If this does not apply to you, then I confused you with some with a similar nick.
jb wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:28 pm -New Items: I am not against new items. They can be fun. But the items currently in your list are not great.
I am currently revising the items and will propose better ones.

jb wrote: October 17th, 2019, 6:28 pm Fishes: Keep fish heroes.
My suggestions does not speak of complete removal of the fish hero. It only sais that fish heros will drop only on water/swamp/"wet" tiles . That shouldn't be a problem since there is a lot of water tiles in all WC II. But if it should be a problem, I don't think it is a problem to increase the chance for them to drop on water tiles then normal.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

jb wrote: October 17th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Only if the WCII terrain is enabled (which is a checkbox). Otherwise, it does not require download.
You are wrong, you can try to deinstall your copy of wcII in your remove addons dialog and try to join any wcII game in the lobby. You will get the 'missing addon wcII, do you want to install it's dialog independent on whether it used the cystom terrain mod or not.
Krogen

Post by Krogen »

In the Rebels+Northerners alliance i would rather see Grunt paired with Fighter and Troll with Wose. Grunt+Wose and Troll+Fighter just seems meh and to be honest this faction is already one of the weaker ones.
"A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." - Tywin Lannister