War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: War of the Jewel: SP Campaign, 1.11+ (Feedback & Reviews)

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Code: Select all

War of the Jewel has been updated to version 1.0.4.11
+ adding missing Orb unit
+ Fixed campaign description
+ Heroes
+ -- > Akhen, Merwe, Mathayus, Sigdral and Branwyn have their AMLAs patched.
Kind of surprised Konrad2 did not report these bugs yet
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The Ethereal Orb lacks its sprite. (And probably animations?)

First scenario after the prologue
When you destroy the training orb, you units are stored *before* the xp is awarded.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Shouldn't be the case. The sprites are in WoL so they should be available still.
First scenario after the prologue
When you destroy the training orb, you units are stored *before* the xp is awarded.
I will look into this on Monday
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: November 18th, 2022, 2:28 pm
Shouldn't be the case. The sprites are in WoL so they should be available still.
It's looking inside if WotJ for the sprite and animations.
(Same thing in ASoF, but ASoF includes the sprite and animations.)

Merwe loses her +4 heal when she advances for the first time.
And one of her advancement is supposed make her heal 9hp. It grants the ability '+10 heal' xD (And yes, it heals 10hp, I tested it)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Merwe loses her +4 heal when she advances for the first time.
And one of her advancement is supposed make her heal 9hp. It grants the ability '+10 heal' xD (And yes, it heals 10hp, I tested it)
Just give me a full list on what broke in the AMLAs...Sigh...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Mayhus AMLA:
He can 'improve' his Aquamarine Arts before learning them.

A'aneb (unit)
offensie -> offensive

Crimson Ice
fell a bit offended -> feel a bit offended

The lines of the Senator 'Imethep' are missing from the dialog in the scenario. (They are present in the file, they just don't happen in the scenario.)
Shadows of the Past
Shadows of the Past
Critical bug in Crimson Ice Part 2
transition gone wrong.png
When you defeat the last enemy leader, this happens, and the scenario doesn't end. You can end the turn, but that doesn't help either.
Attachments
WotJ-Crimson Ice - Part II.gz
(39.99 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
WotJ-Crimson Ice - Part II Turn 35.gz
(139.89 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

version 1.0.4.14
- S17, S20, S25, S26, S31:
Adjusted player gold due to bad values.
New version is up on 1.16.x server.
Eric143

Post by Eric143 »

I recently played again this campaign on 1.16, in hard mode. Apart from the loyal Etheral Orb Akhen has, there is no way to get others Orbs. Wips can no longer advance into Orbs - in fact, they can only advance in Razorbird or Sylph... and it's the same in Aria of the Dragon Slayer (I'm playing it. Again.). I could have Orbs in A Song of Fire, though.
Oh, and Brazier Imps can't advance anymore to LVL 4 units (Laval Behemoth, if memory serves) and their "ranged" branch of advancement doesn't exist anymore (in the three campaigns of the Draconian Trilogy). I remember them ending with a good ranged attack dealing fire damages with marksman ability, which was fun!

Is this intended for balance purpose? I found the Etheral Orbs to be very effective in my last playthrough (perhaps too effective).

I also had some error messages "no_comparison_attribute" on some scenarios (in all scenarios where you reunite with the rest of the army/the party, like Maat'Karians, Dwarves, Undeads...), but I could recruit all of my veterans (at least, all the ones I should have access to). Also happened in A Song of the Winds.
Attachments
WotJ-Undead-Maatkarians_veterans_no_comparison_attribute.jpg
WotJ-Dwarf_veterans_no_comparison_attribute.jpg
If you don't hear anything behind you, then a child - or a cat - is doing some foolish thing. Either that, or a Ninja is sneaking behind you. I wonder which one is worse.
Babeuf

Post by Babeuf »

Anyone has suggestion about the "true darkness" scenario, It is diffucult to me to keep alive the dwarf leader.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Babeuf wrote: August 26th, 2023, 7:17 pm Anyone has suggestion about the "true darkness" scenario, It is diffucult to me to keep alive the dwarf leader.
I know it's a bit late, but in case you are still stuck there:
I delay spotting him for as long as possible, while cleaning up the right side of the map with the Wargs. Doing so means I can rely on the orcs for a long time and I don't have to worry about infighting as much.

Ancient Fire
This isn't a phyrric victory, it's THE phyrric victory, like wtf. <.< Comparing it to the Dragon Wars in ASotW and ASoF, this is just harsh. In the other cases have better backup, my units are more suited to dealing with drakes, or I can use the map to my advantage. Sometimes all three. No such luck this time. Welp. This scenario just wantes to make you bleed to death. (But thanks nonetheless, because of the adjustments to the gold it's at least playable now. I'm sad about my Maat'Karians though. :( )
It's also a bit weird that Mahyus gets gold when he is his own side, but isn't allowed to use it. No idea what the plan was there.

Ancient Fire (S20) and Blazing Hatred (S25) both feel like recall list killers. For each of them you get like 4 scenarios to build up an army, which subsequently gets destroyed in their finale. It's very disheartening. (Combined losses were 52 units. Only 11 level 1, but 25 level 3 units.)
Some suggestion to mitigate this:
1) The previous gold adjustments made them playable, which was great. Just a little bit more would make the scenarios less 'everyone dies. again.'.
2) Allies being more defensive (which would also make sense storywise). In both scenarios I have an ally close by with a decent amount of gold, which they of course recruit. And then throw at the overwhelmingly strong enemy. (For example in S25 my ally has 700ish gold. They manage to kill 4 enemy units (and of course wound some more) before their army was gone. GONE.) This alone would make S25 already a bit more beatable.

EDIT:
The recall list killers are sort of needed tbh. Since I don't really know a better way to handle this, I feel fine with leaving them as they are, playable.

Cradle of Darkness
fool?I -> fool? I

Raging Thunder
Likely bug to encounter: When Sigdral attacks the enemy boss, said boss is harmed for 65 dmg. Since that unit has only 84hp, it's likely that they'll instantly die, softlocking the player who has yet to properly kill said boss to end the scenario. It needs to be ensured that this dmg doesn't kill the enemy boss / leaves them at 1hp at least.

Crimson Earth
Oversight: Romlur is allowed to die (and doesn't trigger a defeat), but still appears in the next scenario.

The Master of Four Lights
Master Sethi (side 6 leader) is a Necromancer. It should be Umbra Master instead.

Unit descriptions
Skiron Army
called sarissa -> called Sarissa

Mage Aanabet
Sadly this description has not (yet?) been rewritten from its Aragwaith base unit.
Attachments
WotJ-Raging Thunder Turn 31.gz
(408.74 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
WotJ-Blazing Hatred replay 20240115-200814.gz
(191.3 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
WotJ-Ancient Fire replay 20240115-114045.gz
(187.33 KiB) Downloaded 14 times