Dawn of Thunder [SP campaign for 1.16.x]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Dawn of Thunder [SP campaign for 1.14.x]

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hi TheSchnozz,

Thanks for taking the time to report first of all. I have tried to reproduce the bug but I could start the scenario just fine on my wesnoth version 1.14.1. Which version of Wesnoth on which system do you have. Also could you send me the scenario file, preferably the start of scenario save (the one without -turn-x appended). In case you're wondering where to find your save files: https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Editingwesnoth

Greeting,
Paulomat4

PS: welcome to the forums!
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
samigina

Post by samigina »

I have the same issu with Dwarvish Gratitude:

Code: Select all

"The game map could not be loaded: Unknown tile in map: (Rr^Prgo) 'Rr^Prgo'"
Im running 1.14.3 on Steam over Windows 10. I cant find the save file (I gues the steam version have a different folder structure?)
skeptical_troll

Post by skeptical_troll »

Had the same kind of troubles with RftA when using the new gates. The relative terrain codes changed between 1.14.1 and the later versions, hence if you use them they are not compatible.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Dawn of Thunder [SP campaign for 1.13.x]

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote: March 15th, 2018, 5:08 pm Egoist is described with '...and thus needs twice as much time to level up. +70%XP to advance.' which mean the unit needs (to be exact) 1.7 times as much. Or 'almost' twice as much.
This hasn't been changed yet. :(

And I have to say, Sc1 is hardcore on hard. Am I maybe doing something wrong?
DoT-The Outpost replay.gz
(41.53 KiB) Downloaded 499 times
The scenario objectives say that there will be an early finish bonus, but there is no early finish bonus.
Fiannon: ...didn't get any news from Harendoion?.

Sc2
Are you sure that it is a good idea to give the enemy 100 gold every time he teleports someone away?
(Btw I can damage Lirak when he attacks any unti of mine and I counterattack.)
Rhigwylyn (the loyal mage) is unable to resist the teleportation spell. (because he is a Red Mage with 'fireball' but you are filtering with 'missile')
Spoiler:
Sc3
Is there a reason why your are calling this scenario 'Vale of Tears' (like the TSG scenario)?
Mal M'Brin: ...for these pesty humans!
(Did you mean 'pesky'?)

Sc4
Silam: ..not deceive you sir!
That word means (more or less) 'lying/betraying'. Why would Silam even say that? Maybe he meant he won't disappoint?

Sc5
'...should have relayed on trolls...' -> relied
(When the Goblin leader runs away.)

Why the heck do Naga Hunters have no melee attack?
Same for Northguard Archers. It does not make much sense that their advancements have a quite strong melee attack, when they as don't have any melee attack as level 1.

Silam said that the Elvish Hunters are loyal and won't need upkeep, but only one of my three Elvish Hunters is loyal.

Sc6
Silam: hmmm, ...
Rhearent: ...May i fight...
Limwen: just don't hurt...
Fiannon: ...but we can punish... (can't)
Silam: ...Can't win (no period to end the sentence)

Signpost: So...the image has 'Midlands' and '...Wood' (probably 'Grey Wood') in opposite directions. But the message talks about the 'woodchoppers lodge' (which isn't on the image) and assuming the the woodchoppers lodge is in the Grey Wood, I'll can't help but notice that NW (woodchoppers lodge) and SW (Midlands) are not in the opposite directions. :D

Sc7
So, my soldiers will now listen to Naia? Nope. She can recall all units, but she can recruit only peasants.
(And Fiannon can't recruit peasants.)

Dwarvish Gratitude (Map)
The game map could not be loaded: Unknown tile in map: (Rr^Prgo) 'Rr^Prgo'

Frost- and Wolfbites
Units don't die of freezing, they just enter negative hitpoints.
I don't know what went wrong, but there were about zero Rocs in the this scenario.
Wyrm: You somehow threw a 'dawn_of_thunders' into it's unit description.

Frozen Ground
You can freeze while standing on a campfire.

Hope or Hostility
Considering that the Northguard are pretty much living in perpetual snow...how can they be so bad at moving over snow and defending themselves on snow? (They are just as bad as everyone else, which is weird.)

Wild Steppe
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Jotha
Crabs and Sea Turtles do not make any sound when attacking or being hit or dying.
Shallow Submerge works only in deep water.
The scenario objectives do not update after you captured Mal Lirak.
After defeating the Orc Thindromli says something. I think there are some words missing.
The description of the armor stops at 'previously'.
No early finish bonus.

Illuven
The scenario lacks a day/night circle.
I lose when I kill Duron. (You made sure that the enemy leader equals Fiannon when his hp hits 0 or lower and then you killed the enemy leader, so Fiannon died too.)
When I free an elvish Prisoner they don't tell me what happened.

Most of your scenarios somehow lack music..?
elfoux

Post by elfoux »

same problem on dwarvish gratitude :/
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

elfoux wrote: August 13th, 2018, 4:58 pm same problem on dwarvish gratitude :/
Open the map in an editor (not the map editor), replace the illegal tiles with some legal ones, save, open it in the map editor and try guessing what it was supposed to be. Save the map again, reload the save file, and play the game.
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Or use an 1.13 or an very early 1.14 version, and replace all gates with the ones offered in the editor. The old therrain codes work still there, while the editor only offers to place gates using the new ones.

Another thing: there seem to be a few mistakes with the ImagePathFunctions used for the add-on icon. This is the error message:

Code: Select all

20180817 22:11:38 error display: unknown image function in path: dawn_of_thunder
20180817 22:11:38 error config: Failed to apply a modification to an image:
Image: attacks/blank-attack.png.
Modifications: ~CROP(2,2,56,56)~SCALE(72,72)~BLIT(halo/lightning-bolt-1-2.png~O(2.5)~CROP(17,121,66,66),3,3)~BLIT(halo/illuminates-aura.png~dawn_of_thunder(72,72)~O(2.1),0,0)~BLIT(units/human-magi/silver-mage+female-attack-magic2.png~TC(1,magenta)~CROP(16,9,38,51),20,19)~BLIT(halo/elven/druid-healing2.png~CROP(11,11,55,39)~O(0.9),13,31).
Error: ~BLIT(): offset and width '225' larger than destination image's width '72' no blitting performed.
The ~dawn_of_thunder part will be interpreted as calling a IPF with that name. Also, in case this should reffer to a file within the add-on, this would be a problem as it will still throw an error for everybody who has your add-on not installed
Try out the dark board theme.
Meong

Post by Meong »

guys, i'm playing subterranean crossfire campaign right now and i have no idea how to move the minecart. Anyone know how to move it?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

You need to move along the rails, or what exactly do you mean?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Konrad2 wrote: August 13th, 2018, 5:03 pm
elfoux wrote: August 13th, 2018, 4:58 pm same problem on dwarvish gratitude :/
Open the map in an editor (not the map editor), replace the illegal tiles with some legal ones, save, open it in the map editor and try guessing what it was supposed to be. Save the map again, reload the save file, and play the game.
I replaced Rr^Prgo with Rr^Pr|o but i also tried with Wo (a Water tile) and the effect is somewhat more pleasing, making the map resemble an underground sheik's palace with fountains. :)

Edit: a separate issue is that in the dialogue Thindromli the dwarf complains about the trolls and undead acting ‘as if they were working together’ when just one scenario earlier the trolls and skeletons try their best to destroy each other.
Meong wrote: December 21st, 2018, 11:14 am guys, i'm playing subterranean crossfire campaign right now and i have no idea how to move the minecart. Anyone know how to move it?
Konrad2 wrote: December 21st, 2018, 1:06 pm You need to move along the rails, or what exactly do you mean?
The cart can only move on terrain tiles with rails on them. To be able to move it you need to use the two miner units to dig through the obstacles that block the rails. There's two paths: the one to the north pointed out by the helpful campaign maker, which delivers you into the hands of the trolls, or the one to the west (right next to your keep) which is a bit trickier because there will also be trolls at the end and means you'll be fighting the Ghost-line undead from the South in their keep while the Trolls and the Skeletons wear each other out. There's lots of XP to be gained this way. All your special heroes should be able to get at least one full level of XP in.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I've gotten as far as Illuvèn. There is something wrong with the .cfg file, because no matter what unit I kill
Spoiler:
with, I lose the game.
Spoiler:
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hello Everybody,

Thank you all for your interest in Dawn of Thunder. I had a lot to do the last year (and still have), so my time for Wesnoth is very limited. I'm sorry for the Illegal tiles in the cave maps, the last version i tested dawn of thunder on still had those tiles so i didn't notice they were illegal.

@Konrad2: Thank you for your suggestions and corrections. Be sure your efforts were not wasted, I will implement them once I have time for it. Also thank you for answering the other posts when i didn't.

@Sadaharu: You are right that Illuven is currently incomplete and not entirely playable. I will finish it someday.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Paulomat4 wrote: January 24th, 2019, 1:26 pm@Sadaharu: You are right that Illuven is currently incomplete and not entirely playable. I will finish it someday.
Well, if it's unfinished then I can wait. Thanks for the answer!
denispir

Post by denispir »

Hello Paulomat,

I'm playing DoT for the 2nd time. First time, I stopped at the scenario where we must kill the old (perverted) wose: just could not do that. Globally, I find it uncredible that elves side with (human) forest destroyers, instead of the opposite. This, despite your attempts at "explanations" about warming homes and the like (and in traditional life, noone kills trees for that...).

Now, I have passed over that and block at the end of Grand Meeting : impossible to find the hidden tunnel. I think I have walked --and stoppped-- units over all hexes west of the valley and south of the crossing, no way. I have even brought the hero on the burnt village right there.

As usual in your campaigns, I find the diff level far above what is said : I play easy and find at least medium, especially the first few scenarios. I had a great difficulty with the very first one. Wanted to play on mediul because it was a restart, impossible for me. Note that I play most standard campaigns, both mainline and user-made, on medium. Yours are pretty hard. Thank you the nice job anyway, Denis

PS : The first scenario and another one have an in valid [event] tag IIRC, because of "missing id or name".
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

denispir wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 5:02 pm Now, I have passed over that and block at the end of Grand Meeting : impossible to find the hidden tunnel. I think I have walked --and stoppped-- units over all hexes west of the valley and south of the crossing, no way. I have even brought the hero on the burnt village right there.
The hidden tunnel is in the mountain village. You have to move your leader there.