Wrath of Kaifar - A 2 player Survival scenario

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Wrath of Kaifar - A 2 player Survival scenario

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Atreides wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:44 pm Need a laugh? Here's a funny thing 1.16 wmllint does to the 1.11 version of this: It wants to change your old nick to Tahsin Jahin Dune Paragon.... :- D

BTW if curious the 1.11 runs fine under 1.16 with no changes. Nice.
That's not a nick...that's my name :lol:
Also, does this even work? I still have the pbl file but I discontinued this add-on in favour of IoM.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:54 pm
Atreides wrote: January 7th, 2022, 9:44 pm Need a laugh? Here's a funny thing 1.16 wmllint does to the 1.11 version of this: It wants to change your old nick to Tahsin Jahin Dune Paragon.... :- D

BTW if curious the 1.11 runs fine under 1.16 with no changes. Nice.
That's not a nick...that's my name :lol:
Also, does this even work? I still have the pbl file but I discontinued this add-on in favour of IoM.
Hehehe, guess I learned something new. :)
Yeah it only runs if used with the Era of Chaos selected as era, which it needs for the attacking units as well. I saw that there is a version on 1.15 which works with WoL. But I guess though that IoM is the newest version. I see the similarities.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Yeah it only runs if used with the Era of Chaos selected as era, which it needs for the attacking units as well.
Yeah, it was made with EoC initially. Since EoC was abandoned, I re-uploaded this on 1.15 with WoL. Is it still unwinnable? XD Pretty sure I never got pass the end phase.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 8th, 2022, 11:54 am
Yeah it only runs if used with the Era of Chaos selected as era, which it needs for the attacking units as well.
Yeah, it was made with EoC initially. Since EoC was abandoned, I re-uploaded this on 1.15 with WoL. Is it still unwinnable? XD Pretty sure I never got pass the end phase.
EoC lives again, it's been ported to 1.16 which is why I found this add-on.

I tried it myself under 1.12 (so I could use the feudal era to play with) but I'm not good at survivals. The sense of being overwhelmed just saps my will to fight... :) I think I lasted 2 waves only. Seriously though, I don't think it's as hard as IoM actually.