World Conquest: Surviving the Nightmare

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tekelili

Re: World Conquest: Surviving the Nightmare

Post by tekelili »

I like this guide, just a few comments (it sounds a little balant, but feel myself one of the stongest wc players :geek: ):

1- I am not agree with your dislike about super units and go for spread items. Super units allow you create choke points and redraw front lines where you otherway would struggle. A unit with highg defense/poison/drain/regeneration/high damage, will be just not attacked at all, allowing you place an impassible terrain (with zoc!) wherever you need. This front size reduction works better for surviving (as you pointed well, main task), that 5 units with 1 item.

2- About getting new recruits: If I can get darvish fighter or elvish shaman as new recruits, I will do. They are better that almost any hero or item. In fact these 2 units are all what you need to beat WC nightmare.

3- I agree with your 3 favored heroes: ghost, shaman, darvish fighter. But I want add a 4th, Orcish Leader+poison item on map1. The huge amount of hp of this unit + AI will often try avoid attack him (with both poison at melee and ranged), makes him a good tank. If you stack on him items you find or buy him more tankiness (drain/regenaration/flying/force field) you will eventually have a unit that even offering 4 hexes to AI will be not touched. Add this to leadership (wich improves a lot lvl2 stuck units like augurs or white mages) and you will see he is a premium hero. I think poison item is infravalored for lot of wc players, but I find it as powerfull as slow. Just poison a lvl3 claser with range, and you will see AI will often just stand in place without even attack anymore. (this works for tanky/high-retaliation poisoners, poor orcish assasins will be always attacked and most like killed).

4- I think you recommend few healers: From my experince, every time you have less +8 healers than map number, you are in trouble. Sure, you can beat AI with less, but you will need some luck with terrain. To really heal your army at a comfortable ratio, you need 5 healers in map 5, and so on.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

I'd say an ideal tank might include a Dwarf Guardsman with regen! That said I've only had the opportunity to try it once, there are usually still better combinations available!
roidanton

Post by roidanton »

I tried this yesterday with solo Northeners on Lieutenant difficulty and Orcish Leader as super-hero, equipped with leadership banner, poison, drains, regen, arcane and flying - went surprisingly well. Quickly ran through the first 5 maps, mostly finished in about half the time, where I already owned almost all the villages, so I then went for some xp until last turn - yielding a ton of gold for next scenario and a huge army of lvl 3 units. Which tells me that the difficulty was way too low and I'll redo this on Sergeant or General.

Regarding healers, I would like to try out Knalgans - fantastic tanks and their advancements also do some decent damage. Unfortunately, this faction neither has any scout nor healer recruits. So Shaman recruits and scout hero? How many scouts would you recommend?

When I played this with the Northeners, I got a Mage hero on most of the maps, so I had too few scouts in the end and more healers than I needed.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Let there be Grand Marshal.
i play grand marshal bc i get 2 heroes, with item drop mod. Extra advancements mod, Select advancement mod, playing campaign game single player is very difficult if u practice.
The key to success in this game is luck. The map. You must drag the enemy into a tight corner, which the surface of the battle is small. This is how you get to map 4. Defend behind somewhere like on a corner of a cave terrain with a village is a good zone.
Select your zone and go to that area.
For hero-item building:
Selecting the king:
First I used the elf captain and i liked it, then people said that leadership in next maps will become useless, in my army i always have lots of elf fighters, one of them will advance to lvl 2. and there will be a captain.
Now I use elf lord. It can go to lvl 4 or ? it's agile and with items he will be fun. It reminds me of "Demon Hunter". There's no good strategic reason to use it.
Since I play guild, I give staff to ghoul. Why? Fearless. Great attack at night and greater attack.
If staff wasn't available I get a dwarf hero. 80% of the time dwarf fighter and 20% of the time dwarf guard.
Then I get health training. Elf fighters and adepts improve when get hp boost. Guild is very versatile with adepts, mage, shaman, merman initiate, all ranged combat that will benefit from ranger training. But I believe that hp training is more mandatory and a better investment.

Why campaign drop mod?
Staff doesn't die with ghoul, there's a bug however that enemy can pick it. I think enemy shouldn't pick items.
a bat can carry and item and have it killed, then item is free.
Fury or charge for wose this mod makes these items more useable

Items good for Elf Captain:
banner
darkness (for adepts)
XP book
+1 move +2 attack -20%xp to advance

Items good for Elf Lord:
forcefield
darkness
cloak

What item is good with what?
fury + ghost
feed + king
iceflower + drakes , saurians
(fearless undead healthy tenacity) for any lawful creature :D
swim/submerge + charging horse (it's also an item u want to give to the king)
charge+wose/skel
melee fire + ironman or wose hero
staff + fearless troll
xp book + mage/general
SallyRay

Re: Surviving the Nightmare

Post by SallyRay »

tr0ll wrote: February 13th, 2013, 1:55 am are we talking about http://www.allgamesfree.com/online/deta ... -conquest/
or some other game?
I think that's it.