Doreldos: Fight to Liberty:SP Campaign Feedback & Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Major_Swampy

Re: Doreldos: Fight to Liberty:SP Campaign Feedback & Reviews

Post by Major_Swampy »

Spoiler:
The ability "Inspire" of Dwarvish Witness/Annalist/Loremaster has old syntax from version 1.11 though ...

Code: Select all

<Invalid WML> "Inspire" follows a depreceated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that will be removed in 1.12.
And also, missing dwarf sounds.

I suggest just borrow that unit from campaign THoT with own wesnoth version 1.12.
Last edited by Major_Swampy on September 3rd, 2019, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

In Scenario "Small Beginning", it's pretty hard for me on easy difficulty.

Edit:
Caravan carriage is not supposed arrive in 4th turn, but 10th turn. Because there are some enemy spearmans' roaming in the villages.
Edit 2:
Turn limit changed to 30 turns.
Edit 3:
Heroes must be changed from lvl1 to lvl2 (Trapper & Outlaw). So those heroes can survived the enemy pursuers after succesful bombing.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Finally, I have reached third episode part of this campaign. Where are Milux' band going afterwards?

Edit: In scenario "The Rescue",
The Leader Vessel ship's recruit ground units as on fighting against nagas before landing main eastern island. The main ship supposed to recruit merfolks, because nagas are harder to kill and they will surround me unlimited. Also, the starting gold must have 150 or more.
Regards, Swampy.

Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Found old syntax of Accurate...

<Invalid WML> "Accurate" follows a depreceated format for its description, using its name as the first line. Support for that will be removed in 1.12.
In "Treasure of the Goblins" scenario...
Spoiler:
In "A Hard Journey" scenario...
Spoiler:
Regards, Swampy.

Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

In "The Three Forts" scenario, found another old syntax...

<Invalid WML found> The key 'protect_location' is deprecated and support will be removed in 1.13.0.
Regards, Swampy.

tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

did you know that you can edit your own previous post? ;)
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

tr0ll wrote: September 6th, 2019, 11:39 pm did you know that you can edit your own previous post? ;)
I can. :)

At this moment, I've reached scenario so far, named "Showdown at Cluttac".
Regards, Swampy.

Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

Yep, just finished this campaign, and I'll give this forum as my feedback. :) This is my statistics:
Spoiler:
Perhaps I'll miss Milux and Homorro with duo heroic as children of Doreldos.

And Also, I will sung to this topic:
Spoiler:
Regards, Swampy.

chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Dear friends, I have finally uploaded this campaign on the 1.14 server. Due to time constraints I couldn't pay attention to this campaign for a long period of time. I will test this campaign and make certain changes as required. I hope you will enjoy playing this campaign. And I profusely thank all those persons who have played this campaign from the 1.12 server and provided their valuable feedback that keeps my enthusiasm going.
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

chak_abhi wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 2:52 pm ...
Phew, welcome back, dude... :)
Regards, Swampy.

chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.13 has been uploaded. It includes some modifications and bug fixes. Please update your add-ons.
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.14 has been uploaded. Apart from some minor bug fixes it includes a new scenario in Chapter 2. Please update your add-ons.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

The newest version has the name 'Doreldos_Fight_to_Liberty' and the provided topic link is incorrect.
(You've set the topic link as 'https://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=38121' instead of '38121'.)
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

Dunno if the bug was fixed yet, but in "The Rescue", when shipping the princess to the island on the left,
nothing happens when any unit touches the two-crossed-sword hexagon on the map.

If it is a new bug or not fixed yet, I would like to recommend two things:

(1) make the rescue condition more explicit, such as "reach the area marked with that x with the ship
carrying the princess on board" (which I did)
(2) change the check a bit so that, when the turns ran out, it is checked whether the princess is on
any of the tiles that belong to the island. That might be even better as a win condition because
the goal says to reach the island, so that should mean any of the island's tiles IMO
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

shevegen wrote: June 17th, 2020, 8:46 am Dunno if the bug was fixed yet, but in "The Rescue", when shipping the princess to the island on the left,
nothing happens when any unit touches the two-crossed-sword hexagon on the map.

If it is a new bug or not fixed yet, I would like to recommend two things:

(1) make the rescue condition more explicit, such as "reach the area marked with that x with the ship
carrying the princess on board" (which I did)
(2) change the check a bit so that, when the turns ran out, it is checked whether the princess is on
any of the tiles that belong to the island. That might be even better as a win condition because
the goal says to reach the island, so that should mean any of the island's tiles IMO
I have fixed this. Now the victory occurs when any unit of the player's side moves into the island.