Doreldos: Fight to Liberty:SP Campaign Feedback & Reviews

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chak_abhi

Doreldos: Fight to Liberty:SP Campaign Feedback & Reviews

Post by chak_abhi »

Wish you all a very happy new year 2013. I am choosing this day for uploading my new campaign--Doreldos: Fight to Liberty. It depicts the story of forced subversion of the people of a peaceful land by foreigners, and also portraits their struggle against the oppressors which finally is rewarded with success. This campaign is meant to be played in BfW 1.11.0 & above.
This campaign features most (if not all) races provided in BfW. You get to fight with a large number of units, including elves, dwarves, human outlaws, mermen, and many more!
This is a campaign of intermediate difficulty. It is under development, and at present the whole of episode 1 which comprises of 16 scenarios, the whole of episode 2 consisting of 15 scenarios and the whole of episode 3 with 16 scenarios have been uploaded. The basic structure of the campaign has been completed but a few changes at certain places are due.
All positive criticisms and suggestions are most welcome. Hope you all will enjoy this campaign! :)
Last edited by chak_abhi on June 4th, 2013, 7:01 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Doreldos: Struggle For Freedom:Campaign Feedback & Revie

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Okay, I have played the first 9 scenarios. Here's the feedback

Scenario 1: Took Elves on this one. It was pretty easy, but got a bit of trouble from the lvl2 Outlaws.
Scenario 2: Took dwarves. This scenario could need an extended turn limit as completing a scenario with limited unit takes a lot of turns.
Scenario 3: Took Elves (for easier mobility in forests and swamps.) Where was the signpost? Debugged my way through.
Scenario 5: Nothing much to comment here.
Scenario 6: Could use stronger enemy units.
Scenario 7: Review the later objectives. There's a spelling mistake there.
Scenario 8: Quite easy, took like 15 mins to win.

On a side note, the later part of the campaign's title is the name of another campaign made a long time ago. Perhaps you could change that.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Thanks for playing the campaign and being the first to review.
Lord-Knightmare wrote: Scenario 2: Took dwarves. This scenario could need an extended turn limit as completing a scenario with limited unit takes a lot of turns.
I have increased the number of turns by 6. I think this will probably reduce the pressure somewhat.
Scenario 3: Took Elves (for easier mobility in forests and swamps.) Where was the signpost? Debugged my way through.
I have fixed this one.

Scenario 7: Review the later objectives. There's a spelling mistake there.
I will keep this in my mind when I correct all spelling & grammatical mistakes.
On a side note, the later part of the campaign's title is the name of another campaign made a long time ago. Perhaps you could change that.
Thanks for informing, this must be changed.

About the difficulty, I must say that I have kept it on the easy side at present. Once it is complete I will definitely increase the difficulty of certain scenarios.

Thanks once again. Hope you will enjoy playing the next scenarios too!
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.1 has been uploaded. The name of the campaign has been changed to "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty". Some bugs have also been fixed. Please download the campaign in its changed name & enjoy playing!
chak_abhi

Re: Doreldos: Fight to Liberty:SP Campaign Feedback & Review

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.2 has been uploaded. It includes 4 more scenarios and some bug fixes. Please update your add-ons, and enjoy playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty".
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.3 has been uploaded. It includes a total of 16 scenarios, which implies that episode 1 has been completed. Please upgrade your add-ons, and enjoy playing!
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.4 has been uploaded. It includes the whole of episode 1 & 3 scenarios of episode 2. Please update your add-ons, and enjoy playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty"!
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.5 has been uploaded. It includes 3 more scenarios (20-22). Please update your add-ons, and enjoy playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty".
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I can't seem to find this on the add ons server, even looking under "chak" only brings up 3 campaigns, but not this one. :?
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Are you using BfW 1.11? I have uploaded this only on 1.11x server. You can find it in http://addons.wesnoth.org/1.11.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

No, I figured it was 1.11 but I thought I'd ask anyway. Maybe edit the first post or thread title to include this?
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Crow_T wrote:No, I figured it was 1.11 but I thought I'd ask anyway. Maybe edit the first post or thread title to include this?
Yeah, that was a mistake on my part. I have edited the first post to include this piece of information.
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.6 has been uploaded. It contains 4 more scenarios (scenarios 23, 24a, 24b & 25). Please update your add-ons, and enjoy playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty"!
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Version 1.0.7 has been uploaded. It contains scenarios 26-30. This ends the second episode of the campaign. Please update your add-ons, and enjoy playing "Doreldos: Fight to Liberty".
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Bug report:
scenario: id=11_Stopping_the_Porafers
This piece of code don't work proper:

Code: Select all

[event]
		name=last breath
		first_time_only=no
		[filter]
			side=3
		[/filter]

[if]
			[filter_second]
				side=1
			[/filter_second]

[then]
				{VARIABLE_OP slayed_outlaws sub 1}
The problem: This code counts every killed side=3 unit, regardless which side second_unit is.
I would wrote the code this way:

[event]
		name=last breath
		first_time_only=no
		[filter]
			side=3
		[/filter]

[if]
			[variable]
				name=second_unit.side
				equals=1
			[/variable]

[then]
Or better:

[event]
		name=last breath
		first_time_only=no
		[filter]
			side=3
		[/filter]

[filter_second]
			side=1
		[/filter_second]

Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR