For Power (0.6.5.3)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Sadaharu

Re: For Power (0.6.5)

Post by Sadaharu »

James_The_Invisible wrote: September 14th, 2018, 10:19 am
Here we go, uploading the scenario start and the replay as well, just in case.
Thanks but these two will not help me investigate what is wrong with Tinry and Merissa. It is too late. It has to be from More Orcs or sooner. But when I think about it now, something from end of Chapter 1 would be even better, from as late point as possible. That is if you finished it before starting Chapter 2.
There's no problem with either Tinry or Merissa in FP1, that I know of, until they suddenly don't show up in For Power 2.

(see the files attached at the bottom of the post).
James_The_Invisible wrote:
variable 'Tinry_store' does not exist
I suppose this happens because Tinry was not present in your play. It was also reported for Merissa, right?
I… think not.
The necromancers do some spell, Lemyr disappears and I become separated from my units; I have only Amiwen and Clare and can summon only walking corpses.
That is intended, well, except the part when Amiwen stays. You are supposed to play this scenario with just Clare and recruited walking corpses.
Do you want a replay for that as well?
In Escape from Prison any of the soldiers whose health is at about 10 or lower will die whenever he receives a blow
Also deliberate.
Clare, at start of scenario wrote:Anyhow try to knock them out just, please. I do not want to have their blood on my hands. They are not bad people.
Aaah, well, the dialogues are not shown properly with two of the characters missing.
Attachments
FP1-The Last Battle.gz
(16.61 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
FP2-More Orcs.gz
(18.61 KiB) Downloaded 429 times
James_The_Invisible

Post by James_The_Invisible »

Sadaharu wrote: September 15th, 2018, 12:37 am There's no problem with either Tinry or Merissa in FP1, that I know of, until they suddenly don't show up in For Power 2.
Sure but they are supposed to be stored at the end of first chapter just like the rest of your units so with a save from end of Chapter 1 what actually happens with them.
Anyway, after playing with your save I found out that the cause for your missing units is wrong Clare's unit type. It should be Clare_Lich, not Gold Mage. If you change it and finish Chapter 1, you will be able to play Chapter 2 with all your units. Do you know how to do that or do you want me to send you a fixed save?
Technical details:
The necromancers do some spell, Lemyr disappears and I become separated from my units; I have only Amiwen and Clare and can summon only walking corpses.
That is intended, well, except the part when Amiwen stays. You are supposed to play this scenario with just Clare and recruited walking corpses.
Do you want a replay for that as well?
Not yet. I think that it is related to missing Tinry. If she stays even after Tinry appears in Chapter 2 for you, then I would like a save from you.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Don't worry about the fixed save, I'm not logging in here much but I've been replaying it with Clare as a Dark Sorceress/Necromancer anyway.

Just to avoid trouble, maybe
Spoiler:
James_The_Invisible

I cannot see with what would this change help. Could you elaborate, please?
Well, I mean, she is not really a necromancer at this point - does not use necromancer spells and does not recruit undead (though it may change in later scenarios). Also, in my point of view, the unit type's name is rather for the player than other in-game characters and you know that she is a lich.
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

Because that way you avoid having the players make the same mistake as I did. You're giving players two options in an apparently free choice but then one turns out to break the game and make it unwinnable.
James_The_Invisible

Now I am even more confused. I thought that you were talking about end of scenario The Truth but now you brought on the choice from the time you visited Haldar. I have absolutely no idea what are you talking about. So what do you want me to change and where? Do you want to remove the choice in Haldar's cave or something else?
Also the primary cause for all your issues in Chapter 2 will not happen anymore with next version.
Escandiel

Post by Escandiel »

Hi there i am right in FP 6.... as i finish mission 4 "Shadow Mages" i save the video szenario file and proceed to the next level but while loading i get the error message

As shown in the picture above....

its "Unknown Map" translated.

i am on the newest wesnoth version, as well as the newest FP6 available on the server

Please help me to finish this FP Campaign ^^ i loved the other ones, and now i am stuck :(

edit : i just saw that it should be only 2 szenarios.... maybe there is no lvl 5 ?^^
-----------------------------------

For others ,who might have issues with Clare joining the "Dark Side", that always happens if you kill to many enemies.

it seems to be a fixed amount... so lets say it happens for me in round 8 i kill each round at LEAST 4 Enemies... after round 2-3 ...

So its at Least an amount of 20-25 enemies then it will be a loose
James_The_Invisible

Hello, Escandiel.
Yes, there are no scenarios after Shadow Mages yet. I have no idea when I get to write them.
And yes, you lose when you kill more than certain amount of enemies during a scenario. The amount is different for every scenario, currently it is between 17 and 26. It does not depend on difficulty level for now.
Virius

Post by Virius »

Hi there
Attachments
I am in FP 4 at the mission Homeless but I can't do anything
I am in FP 4 at the mission Homeless but I can't do anything
James_The_Invisible

Uhm, that is really strange. Amiwen should be present unless you somehow skipped scenario 6 (The Saurians). Was there anything unusual about your playthrough (especially about Amiwen)?
Virius

Post by Virius »

James_The_Invisible wrote: December 23rd, 2018, 3:28 pm Uhm, that is really strange. Amiwen should be present unless you somehow skipped scenario 6 (The Saurians). Was there anything unusual about your playthrough (especially about Amiwen)?
No, I haven' skipped any scenario but I don't think to have seen someone called Amiwen(but maybe I only can not remember)
I have also tried to unistall and reinstall it but it doesn't work.
I have watched the replay of the saurians and even there he gave me the error message.
edit: I have watched all of the replays and it's from the saurians scenario that the error message appear.
James_The_Invisible

Amiwen joined your party at the end of first scenario of Chapter 2 (but you should have her even if you did not finish that chapter). She was Elvish Enchantress at that time.
Deliberately, she was not present in Chapter 4 before scenario The Saurians. So if she did not return there (you got the error instead), the error in Homeless is to be expected. Though I am not any closer to finding the cause of this issue.
Could you send me your save file from first scenario of Chapter 4 (like autosave from turn 1)? I would like to check something.
Virius

Post by Virius »

I looked and I realized that there was Amiwen in the chapter 2 :doh:
Attachments
FP4-Searching Adventures-Autosave1.gz
(83.66 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
James_The_Invisible

Thanks for the save. Like I suspected, she is not stored in a variable. Also from the number of amlas of your heroes I can tell that you completed previous chapters before starting the fourth one. So was Amiwen present in Chapter 3 in your play? What was the last scenario when she appeared for you?
Virius

Post by Virius »

edit: sorry I reversed them :augh:
Attachments
But you can see that she doesn't appear in the next scenario
But you can see that she doesn't appear in the next scenario
In the chapter 2 I can see her in the scenario The Northen Alliance
In the chapter 2 I can see her in the scenario The Northen Alliance