Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by Heindal »

Hi again,

thanks for playing and reporting these things:

@steve, you have to wait for the update until the things with the expedition is fixed. So the situation you describe is already fixed. The stamina potion is strange R should alter the color to red making the icon red. I will check and repair that, as well as the heavy wound. Some attacks are pretty strong and based on level, but they require a high level, which also affecting the enemies strength. So I think that is ok. Summons for example also receive a bonus for your level and a hitpoint bonus for charisma.

Flutterby: Equipping your npcs with weapons shouldn't work with monsters, but hey. It is an intelligent monster. Did you convinced that bat to join your cause?

Degenbrecher is a second hand weapon like the torch. It is not possible to equip it in the main hand. Degenbrecher is German and can be translated with Epee-Breaker. It was a second hand weapon used together with an Epee to block and break your opponents weapon. Some daggers you can find in this game are second hand weapons and have some additional effects, however I should somehow overwork the concept by giving additional defence, damage, strikes or something. At the moment the effect is kind of cheesy and influences the attack of your main weapons, while giving you an extra attack option with the weapon itself.

Considering the development: I recommend to use Ctrl + F5 in the start menu and start again. However, in some cases you have to restart Wesnoth completely.

@white haired - What do you mean by Saurians attack? Do you have negative saurian reputation and do they attack? Than I can understand your frustration, but that happens if you piss off a faction. Making peace with a faction by raising reputation to at least -1999 should be a thing, which should be easy by bribing - this wasn't possible before. However, the faction attacks HAD a chance of 100%, I've reduced that to 50 or 30 % (not quite sure). So even so it is triggered it might not happen. As far as I remember it only happens, when a random event is fired. Overall I plan to reduce the number of random events and make kind of a real diary that tells you about your actions and what happened. Will take some time however.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
stevea68

Post by stevea68 »

Hey guys, thanks much for the help on the editing. I'd gone to a crazy extreme of uninstalling the add-on, then redownloading it and then before I exited the add-on options, editing the fresh WML files and then exiting and created a new character / campaign AND IT WORKED! LOL ... but it was great finally figuring out what was going on - the CTRL-F5 (or F5 or clearing the cache stuff) seems to have been part of it but I discovered that I have to zone my character to get the game to reload the data for a zone.

I think for a new campaign just clearing the cache might work, but to flush the scenario data for a save game, I recorded the exact sequence that worked for me (might be a step or two that weren't needed or could be done out of order, but I wanted to record this (mostly for my own record ;D)

1) Save the game
2) Quit to main menu
3) Edit WML file
4) Update the cache (I used F5)
5) Reload saved game
6) Change zones to clear the saved scenario / map data!! ;)

It would be nice if Wesnoth detected changed file dates and had a prompt or something or showed a menu option to recompile and add-on, especially if you could do it in-game, but that might be difficult to implement without possible problems.

But anyway, AWESOME, *cheers* guys :) Yes, I'll be having some fun messing around. Thanks again

P.S. I guess as a sidenote, this implies for a single scenario / map, this wouldn't work to change it for a saved game. It works for SL or DDD because you have it zone and (re)load new maps and scenarios.

-----------------------

Cool to hear some of these are already updated. Yes, the stamina potion used to show as a colorful but mostly reddish potion. It's also possible something got corrupted on my end. If it works on your end, it's probably something on mine.

Flutterby was a 'bud' I met up with. At first he was pretty mean but we had a party and he decided to come along LOL! I offered him a crossbow but he looked at me like I was crazy and then he grabbed the longbow instead ;)

On the equipping monsters, it lets you give them 1 weapon and not of a type they already have, so yes, if something already has melee and ranged attacks then they won't accept a weapon. Also, if they have no weapons, they will only accept one.

BTW, on equipping them, I noticed it allows you to unequip and change an item for a monster UNTIL you close up the equip screen. After that the equip menu option is disabled. Maybe you could have it so that you can still unequip an item for a monster, but I assume maybe you did that to avoid unequipping their inherent / natural items. Anyway, it's not a big thing.

The degenbrecher is cool and I enjoy the idea of it being an off-hand item with drain on defense, though I've had problems getting to work when I have something in my main hand. When I'm attacked it tends to use my main weapon to defend and so the drain doesn't work unless I drop a main weapon (but then I can't use some stamina skills). At some point I thought I had it working but that might be a faulty memory. What you mentioned was sort of what I'd thought of also in trying to implement - with a main weapon, the degenbrecher adds a point or 2 of damage but also drain on defend to the main weapon. I might need to dig in a bit more about how Wesnoth decides which weapon / attack to use on defense when there's more than one of that melee / range type.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I have -2342 with the saurians, but drakes, dwarves and elves are even worse. And it's not just this game, it's happened the last several games. This game, I've had a couple encounters that were primarily dwarves, but other than that it's 2-3 saurians, 2 toads, maybe one or two random(?) bosses like the medusa chick just about every encounter.

BTW, when an encounter is on a map that's 20 tile wide, is it really necessary to give most of the enemies >=10MP? Not only does that mean my caravan is auto-toast (starting out half way across the map toward the enemy, he's almost surely going down on turn 1), but given the action limit, I don't have time to set up any sort of defense before they are all over me (especially early on before I have warhorns).

I took on a cityguard mission to take out a bandit camp. It appeared in deep water (11.18 in winter). I took my boat to it, and now I can't move or exit the map.
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on May 29th, 2022, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sire

Post by Sire »

Played a bit more (on my Beginner Difficulty, glancing at the code makes it look like things are a lot different on Normal and higher, such as no SPD upgrade and the like). I secured my Diamond Mine, got the Shrine of the Traveler, and rushed to get the Castle!
-- I'm already making concepts for future runs, such as a John Run on Normal (John the Trader, CHA/LCK build, No Magic), or delving into the RPG Mode to see the different race/class combos (Naga Assassin, Dwarf Berserker, and Human Magician). Who knows when I'll actually have time to do these runs though, and I'm not sure if I will just stick to my current Easy run after I finish the main story to max out John.

The Diamond Mine is great. Having a cart of 39 spaces, I can get 1 Million Gold if I sell 39 Diamonds at once, which is more than enough for my current needs. I don't mind the ambush encounters as "Bounty Hunter John" is equipped enough to deal with them, and it helps that I went ahead and used some of the Greater Teleport scrolls to rush the selling process after I filled my cart with Diamonds.
-- Glancing at the code, I noticed one can get a free Greater if one is completely out, but I wonder if there's a way to craft my own. Guess I'll have to level up Writing and my other skills more to see!
-- Also, having Diamonds allowed me to easily reach the 2000 Reputation with the Elves, which was nice. Oh, and selling Diamonds to the Capital City is a good way to increase its prosperity.

As for the Castle, being able to teleport to all these different locations is awesome. I just wish I had a way to return to the Castle easily to take advantage of it, but I guess it prevents it from being too much of an "I Win" button.
-- A part of me got confused when it says I can manage my other "structures" from the castle, as I thought I would be able to work there remotely (say work the Diamond Mine, but from the Castle Tile on the Mainland instead of the D!Mine in the Desert). However, looking at the Warehouse option, I'm guessing all the storage ends up at the Castle, making it easier to manage. // Guess I'll just have to get Workers for my structures at some point, then its off to the Northlands to continue the Orc conflict.
As for my comment about traveling companions, while it is true one does not get the chance to recall or field units often, the player can usually field them when it matters (Dungeon Crawling, Northland Battles). I'm also learning to level up my Dwarf Fighter when I can in random fights where there happens to be a nearby Keep, and once he's maxed I'll start trying to equip him with stuff.
-- So, while I may not have a true companion, at least I can pretend to have one (or a few if I get around to raising them), during certain combat engagements. // Of course, there is the Warhorn, but at the moment I'm focusing more on quality vs quantity.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
stevea68

Post by stevea68 »

Sire wrote: May 29th, 2022, 12:51 am Played a bit more (on my Beginner Difficulty, glancing at the code makes it look like things are a lot different on Normal and higher, such as no SPD upgrade and the like). I secured my Diamond Mine, got the Shrine of the Traveler, and rushed to get the Castle!
-- I'm already making concepts for future runs, such as a John Run on Normal (John the Trader, CHA/LCK build, No Magic), or delving into the RPG Mode to see the different race/class combos (Naga Assassin, Dwarf Berserker, and Human Magician). Who knows when I'll actually have time to do these runs though, and I'm not sure if I will just stick to my current Easy run after I finish the main story to max out John.

The Diamond Mine is great. Having a cart of 39 spaces, I can get 1 Million Gold if I sell 39 Diamonds at once, which is more than enough for my current needs. I don't mind the ambush encounters as "Bounty Hunter John" is equipped enough to deal with them, and it helps that I went ahead and used some of the Greater Teleport scrolls to rush the selling process after I filled my cart with Diamonds.
-- Glancing at the code, I noticed one can get a free Greater if one is completely out, but I wonder if there's a way to craft my own. Guess I'll have to level up Writing and my other skills more to see!
-- Also, having Diamonds allowed me to easily reach the 2000 Reputation with the Elves, which was nice. Oh, and selling Diamonds to the Capital City is a good way to increase its prosperity.

As for the Castle, being able to teleport to all these different locations is awesome. I just wish I had a way to return to the Castle easily to take advantage of it, but I guess it prevents it from being too much of an "I Win" button.
-- A part of me got confused when it says I can manage my other "structures" from the castle, as I thought I would be able to work there remotely (say work the Diamond Mine, but from the Castle Tile on the Mainland instead of the D!Mine in the Desert). However, looking at the Warehouse option, I'm guessing all the storage ends up at the Castle, making it easier to manage. // Guess I'll just have to get Workers for my structures at some point, then its off to the Northlands to continue the Orc conflict.
As for my comment about traveling companions, while it is true one does not get the chance to recall or field units often, the player can usually field them when it matters (Dungeon Crawling, Northland Battles). I'm also learning to level up my Dwarf Fighter when I can in random fights where there happens to be a nearby Keep, and once he's maxed I'll start trying to equip him with stuff.
-- So, while I may not have a true companion, at least I can pretend to have one (or a few if I get around to raising them), during certain combat engagements. // Of course, there is the Warhorn, but at the moment I'm focusing more on quality vs quantity.
Hiya, Sire. Yes, Greater Teleport scrolls are craftable at higher skill levels. I've personally verified that maybe 100+ times haha =D Yes, the teleports DO tend to be a bit of an "I win" way of playing ... but not entirely. It sort of depends on what you are looking for. I certainly enjoy having at least a few teleport spells on hand :)

The diamond mine was a newer discovery to me for earning some gold. Selling crafted items has been my main source of income. I enjoy that there are multiple ways to pull in the earnings and part of the fun can be to discover different ways of earning gold.

I didn't know there were different races possible. I've used disguises before in the game but, dang, the lizardfolk aren't fooled and still won't sell me their spells even with the disguise ;)

The Castle is available for the greater teleport scroll. Yes, I agree with you, that IS a nice option to have available.

I didn't explore it a lot but was similarly a bit confused on how the description of being able to manage buildings remotely from the Castle didn't seem to work as expected. I believe that description was more of a figurative reference and I didn't delve too deeply into the taxes and resource collection options ... I was thinking there's no need for another tyrrant running the place! Haha=D

You can craft Warhorns also and with a good CHR, there's the ability / level purchasable item that charms. In terms of having some "playmates" in the game, that has definitely been one of the more enjoyable game mechanics I've had fun with. Just be careful because you might accidently charm a monster that is TOO awesome!!! (Ironic that you might need to figuratively "ghost" one of your own allies :D)

*sits back and has basically nothing to do because his Level 5 Sea Serpent has it all covered* ;D
white_haired_uncle

Sire wrote: May 29th, 2022, 12:51 am I'm also learning to level up my Dwarf Fighter when I can in random fights where there happens to be a nearby Keep, and once he's maxed I'll start trying to equip him with stuff.
That's pretty much the opposite of the way I do it.
Spoiler:
stevea68 wrote: May 29th, 2022, 1:20 am I didn't explore it a lot but was similarly a bit confused on how the description of being able to manage buildings remotely from the Castle didn't seem to work as expected. I believe that description was more of a figurative reference and I didn't delve too deeply into the taxes and resource collection options ... I was thinking there's no need for another tyrrant running the place! Haha=D
Spoiler:
And now for something completely different...

Why/how does Frost Capitol have negative stock of weapons?

And who keeps mining my iron when I have no worker?

Drakeleatherarmor is only 10,000? Missing a decimal place (at least)?

I've scavenged a LOT of poison, yet when I go to my oven or consumables, the number hasn't increased at all.

I'm trying to figure out the whole singing thing. Finally went to the code. First, THAT is my "reward" for successfulsinging X times??? Also, should bardskill be listed in Compendium>Character?

Cursing doesn't work against Dune Blademaster?
Billion dollars, baby.
Billion dollars, baby.
icing on the cake!
icing on the cake!
Um, I put that 1.125B in my vault. Come back some time later and the vault is EMPTY! Error when collecting interest?
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on May 31st, 2022, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sire

Post by Sire »

Welp, I managed to get the Museum in the Capital City.
-- You know how you can donate Artifacts? Doing do does not take away the Artifact in your inventory, meaning one can endlessly donate the same Artifact over and over to reap the rewards.
-- Also, studying in the Museum seems to give the skill boosts, but does not take away gold. So, one essentially tours the Museum for free.
=== Not sure what the "bonus" is supposed to be though for donating the artifacts.

Also, did the Scarecrow Quest (Human Capital, Special Mission).
-- Moving on the Investigation Tile triggers the event again and respawns the enemies.
-- After defeating the ooze, I left as I already examined the room. Apparently I didn't complete the quest, so I'm not sure what exactly I was supposed to do here. // I learned about the 3-Piece Armor Set, but that was about it.
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
white_haired_uncle

Sire wrote: May 31st, 2022, 4:02 am Also, did the Scarecrow Quest (Human Capital, Special Mission).
-- Moving on the Investigation Tile triggers the event again and respawns the enemies.
-- After defeating the ooze, I left as I already examined the room. Apparently I didn't complete the quest, so I'm not sure what exactly I was supposed to do here. // I learned about the 3-Piece Armor Set, but that was about it.
Spoiler:
Found this trader selling warhorns for 100. So I bought 2,000 of them. I can sell them at a nice profit, but only ONE AT A TIME.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I just made quotes now, I hope you don't mind but it was to much questioning at once.
Thanks again for playing and your important bug / error reports :).

Found this trader selling warhorns for 100. So I bought 2,000 of them. I can sell them at a nice profit, but only ONE AT A TIME.
Serves you right! ;). There were several of those traders, I've capped them to at least 10,000 now.
I need an arrays with prices, but no. I hate array handling in WML.
Scarecrow Quest
You have to move to a location with a staircase.
Spoiler:
I also changed the investigation thing.
Artifacts
Indeed. I hate that. During the test I've just checked that the options work.
Or maybe I did this for test-case reasons. I fixed both things.
Why/how does Frost Capitol have negative stock of weapons?
Because the weapon production was broken and substracted. It is fixed now.
That´s why I hate working with arrays (I could do it differently and smarter, however I lack the knowledge how to do that, it would be super easy with angular e.g.).
And who keeps mining my iron when I have no worker?
Probably nobody. The code is a macro and if there is a problem it would affect all buildings.
But it could be, that the worker isn't shown in some overviews. If so, tell me where and I`ll fix it.
So far haven't found / seen a problem.
Drakeleatherarmor is only 10,000? Missing a decimal place (at least)?
Maybe, it is a good armor but I wanted it to be affordable. As you can craft it, it shouldn't be to expensive, so it can't be exploited for money-making.
Spoiler:
I've scavenged a LOT of poison, yet when I go to my oven or consumables, the number hasn't increased at all.
Can't tell you why, maybe you got thirsty and drunk it? Its the same variable "poison", which is shown in the cooking menu, as well as in the looting mechanic. Didn't you report a similar case and I fixed it / or added poison to the recipe list?
I'm trying to figure out the whole singing thing. Finally went to the code. First, THAT is my "reward" for successfulsinging X times??? Also, should bardskill be listed in Compendium>Character?
And the reward is good? What is it? The reward is highly based on your character skill + charisma. Maybe I will give the taverns a gold counter, which replenishes over the time, so you can not exploit it and sing / steal / dance until you get the 'pot' is empty and move on to the next.
Cursing doesn't work against Dune Blademaster?
Cursing what? The weapon special? The spell?
You can teleport to the castle using a teleport scroll, it is directly over Mainland and under the other secret teleport locations.
And greetings to Dr. Knuddelstein.
I have -2342 with the saurians, but drakes, dwarves and elves are even worse. And it's not just this game, it's happened the last several games. This game, I've had a couple encounters that were primarily dwarves, but other than that it's 2-3 saurians, 2 toads, maybe one or two random(?) bosses like the medusa chick just about every encounter.
Well, there should be a disadvantage when you enrage a faction. And that is it. I also planned more sophisticated things, such as destroying your buildings, stealing gold from your caste (with the chance to retaliate). I also planned the option to conquer towns and entire faction to follow your command. But this is a little bit to much right now.
BTW, when an encounter is on a map that's 20 tile wide, is it really necessary to give most of the enemies >=10MP? Not only does that mean my caravan is auto-toast (starting out half way across the map toward the enemy, he's almost surely going down on turn 1), but given the action limit, I don't have time to set up any sort of defense before they are all over me (especially early on before I have warhorns).
Depends on the type of unit. Some units might have that much MP + you are a super rich multi-billionaire like Mark-Antonio Bezo-Usk (I made this name up, took me some seconds and smile on my face). You can burn them to ashes, using the apocalypse spell in one spell. You could flee using a spell an item, or you can have infinite turns using attack potions (maybe I should rename them to action potions).
I took on a cityguard mission to take out a bandit camp. It appeared in deep water (11.18 in winter). I took my boat to it, and now I can't move or exit the map.
Does that mean, you can not enter the bandit camp or can't you leave the bandit camp map? I've already enhanced some of the fleeing mechanics.
In the first case - unreachable location, just abort the mission and try again. A new location will be spawned. There are no drawbacks of abandoning a mission (even so I had planned an achievement for aborting missions).
BTW, on equipping them, I noticed it allows you to unequip and change an item for a monster UNTIL you close up the equip screen. After that the equip menu option is disabled. Maybe you could have it so that you can still unequip an item for a monster, but I assume maybe you did that to avoid unequipping their inherent / natural items. Anyway, it's not a big thing.
Its kinda intended. It should be possible to readjust equipment, by saving the types of equipment in the unit itself. Unfortunately that never worked, based on my lack of knowledge and that I don't use standard object mechanics, which nowadays would allow such a behavior.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
white_haired_uncle

Your mine: conpendium says I have a worker, and it acts like I do, but when I go to the mine it says worker: 0

Singing (x times): the reward, the way I read it, SUCKS. It's like 50 fame and 50 karma.

Cursing (weapon special) doesn't affect undead, which makes sense I guess (but isn't documented). It also doesn't work on a Dune Blademaster, which makes no sense. There is one thing that might be special of him, the southern cities are blockaded (by friendly units), so I intentionally tried/failed to pickpocket him so I could make him an enemy and kill him to get by,

I didn't enrage the saurians, other than by being born. Again, there are other factions that hate me more. I SUSPECT what you're doing is going through an ordered list of potential encounter enemies looking for one who has a bad enough reputation, and always finding saurians first.

I WAS super rich, but my vault keeps setting my account to 0. But that's now. Early in the game, an encounter is pretty much guaranteed to end in the loss of all my goods on turn one.

The bandit camp ended up in the water, so I went there in my boat. But since it's a land encounter, my boat could not move to exit the encounter..
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Your mine: conpendium says I have a worker, and it acts like I do, but when I go to the mine it says worker: 0
No idea, whats wrong with that. Checked the code, it always the correct variable.
Singing (x times): the reward, the way I read it, SUCKS. It's like 50 fame and 50 karma.
So your are talking about the Bard Quest. Note that this quest can be done ANY time and infinitely. So starting with this quest as a bard, can give you an advantage. I increased the effect of this quest (200 fame and 200 karma DONE) and I will probably make a change to the *2 and change it to 1.25 or 1.5. But the real thing reward here is the "storyreset", so bards can tell their story differently and replay old quest, they have done before. There are just a few ways to get hand on these items and you can sell storyresets for some coins (2000 Gold), so this reward is nice. However increasing the karma for the quest, will allow you do get some karma easily, so I think increasing the reward is nice.
I didn't enrage the saurians, other than by being born. Again, there are other factions that hate me more. I SUSPECT what you're doing is going through an ordered list of potential encounter enemies looking for one who has a bad enough reputation, and always finding saurians first.
As hard as it sounds, but sometimes that happens. However with some gold and some good words you might improve your standing with the faction.
It is not hard. I've added ways to apologize or bribe factions as well as delivering goods. Even so as a starter you can do that.
I WAS super rich, but my vault keeps setting my account to 0. But that's now. Early in the game, an encounter is pretty much guaranteed to end in the loss of all my goods on turn one.
So you say that the vault isn't storing the gold correctly? Do you know what you did to cause this? I hope its not the interest you get, but I've tested that carefully and always received it - :hmm:. Hopefully you haven't tried bank robbery. This will empty your account. So far bank and vault use the same variables.
The bandit camp ended up in the water, so I went there in my boat. But since it's a land encounter, my boat could not move to exit the encounter..
So I will change that monster nests, graveyard encounter and bandit camps can no longer be accessed when onboard a ship. (DONE)
white_haired_uncle

Save attached.

You can just choose Enter to see the worker:0.

No bank robbery. I wonder, have you tested with 1.125 billion in an account? It stores it for a short time, but not very long (leaving the mainland perhaps?).
Edit: disappeared with only 200,000,000. I was in CC, and checked the bank and it was okay, returned to my castle and it was all gone.

I can bribe the saurians, but it takes a LONG time to get from the tutorial to the point where I can just throw around 100,000 gold on an annoyance. And grain delivery might be even slower. During that time, since the saurians, drakes, dwarves, and elves all really hate me, why do I ALWAYS (save the occasional bandit) have to fight saurians? It's quite tedious.

At the refugees or the temple in the temple district, when you donate 1000 gold it says you donated 100.

Anyone know of an item or spell or potion that provides something like marksman? I'm sick of having 0% chance to hit with most of my weapons in dungeons. I'd even settle for hitchance with its ~70% (vs 16% advertised) chance to miss every shot.

YES! FINALLY found a way to get healers on my team!
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader-Auto-Save2.gz
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 46 times
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on June 1st, 2022, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Save attached.
Thanks.
You can just choose Enter to see the worker:0.
Strange as the variable is worker = yes not 1 2 3. Got it: $(WORKER{NAME}) should be replaced by $WORKER{NAME}. Maybe this interpreted in a different way in this new version. FIXED. So it was just a visual bug.
No bank robbery. I wonder, have you tested with 1.125 billion in an account? It stores it for a short time, but not very long (leaving the mainland perhaps?). Edit: disappeared with only 200,000,000. I was in CC, and checked the bank and it was okay, returned to my castle and it was all gone.
Ok, I will see what I can do. So it might be something with the bank vault and the castle. Have you rechecked the bank account?
Hm, could find anything :hmm: :oops:.
I can bribe the saurians, but it takes a LONG time to get from the tutorial to the point where I can just throw around 100,000 gold on an annoyance. And grain delivery might be even slower. During that time, since the saurians, drakes, dwarves, and elves all really hate me, why do I ALWAYS (save the occasional bandit) have to fight saurians? It's quite tedious.
Well, it is the RPG Mode, not recommended for first play. You could just move somewhere, were the faction can't reach you, earn enough money - pay them.
Anyone know of an item or spell or potion that provides something like marksman? I'm sick of having 0% chance to hit with most of my weapons in dungeons. I'd even settle for hitchance with its ~70% (vs 16% advertised) chance to miss every shot.
Its called "Rangerfocus".
Spoiler:
white_haired_uncle

Heindal wrote: June 1st, 2022, 5:31 pm
Its called "Rangerfocus".
Spoiler:
I didn't see it available in CC, but I did find it in EC. However, it doesn't work as advertised. As you can see from the saved game, when it's for sale it claims to affect your ranged weapons (yeah!), but when you actually use it, it says and applies to melee weapons.

I put 100 gold into the bank, and it seems to be working correctly (it's up to 108, with 1% interest) so far.

Also, in theives quest, "I've unlocked 5 dungeon treasures" -- seems I can take this as many times as I'd like. I took it like 15 times and got 15 letters, though I know I haven't unlocked anywhere near 75 dungeon treasures.
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader-Auto-Save2.gz
(919.86 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

I didn't see it available in CC, but I did find it in EC. However, it doesn't work as advertised. As you can see from the saved game, when it's for sale it claims to affect your ranged weapons (yeah!), but when you actually use it, it says and applies to melee weapons.
And this was done for balancing reasons because you misused it in combination with charm. Did not change the Spell store description.
In Capital City it is available in the super secret Cheater Spell Store.
I put 100 gold into the bank, and it seems to be working correctly (it's up to 108, with 1% interest) so far.
It shouldn't be limited, I tried it with several billions and it worked. However maybe the variables are capped to a specific amount.
Also, in theives quest, "I've unlocked 5 dungeon treasures" -- seems I can take this as many times as I'd like. I took it like 15 times and got 15 letters, though I know I haven't unlocked anywhere near 75 dungeon treasures.
Checked, yeah its not multiplied. Fixed.