Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I took a mission (the hardest monsternest) from CC, but I can't complete it, as can be seen in the attached.

Also, in the description of missions...

might a job > might have a job
to hard > too hard
acomplished mission > accomplished missions
teh > the
I assume Elensefar and Weldyn are supposed to mean something
The difficulty ...> The more difficult the mission, the higher the reward.
good a equipment > good equipment
and your mercs > and with your mercs
Attachments
TSL-Strange Legacy - Trader-Auto-Save1.gz
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 60 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

That´s a funny bug you've found there. This only happens if you take the highest monster nests mission during winter. While this works with all other levels, level 4 is different and the lists of random monsters work differently. You can however wait for the winter to end, than the mission will return to their normal state, as everything excepts for the winter and deserts works fine.

However I repaired the monster nest in winter / desert. However you will only be able to hunter wolves in winter :/. I added some interesting wolf bosses, which are usually just located in the northern region (Timberwolf, Blood etc.).

I fixed the nasty typos you've reported. This description is probably 10 years old and I never touched it.
It was taken from the secret ending of Five Fates, where you can ...
Spoiler:
I have changed the text accordingly.

Thanks again for your bug reports.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Strange Legacy - 1.16.22 Doggy learned string theory

Post by Heindal »

New version of the add-on has been published.

Version: 1.16.22
Codename: Doggy learned string theory
Battle for Wesnoth: 1.16

This version concentrates on improvements and bugfixes.

bugfixes:

- improved the buy/sell object macro (less text, less confusing)
- random loot: crafts ring, craft amulet etc. have been replaced by ingredients, they were never meant to be dropped
- random loot: strength amulet has a description now
- random event on ships: the boss battle did not trigger correctly - this has been fixed and result in two new events for ship battles
- fixed the description of random missions
- fixed level 4 monster nests in winter and desert
- several typo fixes
- fixed abort mission bug on expeditions
- book of lightning can no longer be used infinitely
- npcs can no longer equip orc armors
- changed amla for dexterity
- water bottles will now show in the forecourt

balancing / improvements:

- caravan will now have a higher chance based on your luck to buy goods. With 49 luck you should have a 100% chance to find an item.
- From now on Expeditions will show after an encounter and they are labeled with Expedition. You will no longer have to abort the mission.
When entering the mission, the X,Y coordinates are saved.
- the secret entrance will now show a tunnel icon, not just a label
- documented frozen causing 5 hp damage each turn

new features:

- your companion can now teleport to your position instead of moving to it, this can be activated or deactivated in the Helpmenu > Settings
- the infinite movement has been improved by selecting the moved unit and scrolling to it, so you can move way quicker
- your companion can now transformed to a wolf or a crocodile (swamp lizard) and back once you spent enough food in the doghouse
- several new options for beta testers

Please note:

- increasing the defense of a unit will NOT change the unit description, but change the defense of a unit resulting in higher dodge chances on all terrains
- known problem: when a unit is selected after moving it seems to shine white for a short moment, probably done by my deprecated code storing and unstoring a unit.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
KillerKetchup

Post by KillerKetchup »

Hey, currently having an issue where after doing a support expedition quest (Specifically the library/riddle one) I am unable to either pick up another quest or abort the one I'm currently on. Anything I can do about it?
Bugged.gz
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Yes it is a bug. There is a variable called "onmission". This will normally allow you to abort a mission if it is "yes". Usually this variable is "no", which is a requirement for showing mission options. During my last "fix", I've completely cleared many variables to "clean" up the game, after a while.

Not having this variable causes this bug. I really like your hero and what you did with the weapon creator and how much time you spent in testing the game :). I made a fix, loaded your game and I could abort this mission, so this will be the solution for you.

Furthermore I made the abort mission more forgiving, put the dungeon creation part of the expedition and fixed that the expedition deletes the variable onmission. Movement potions don't work. I will fix this and upload the new version for you and everyone else.
Heindal

Strange Legacy - 1.16.22.1 Killerketchup for everybody

Post by Heindal »

Uploaded new version:

Version: 1.16.22.1
Codename: Killerketchup for everybody

- will fix the bug concerning the expedition
- the abort will now even work if the variable isn't available
- the expedition start should be more smoothly now
(for some reason the orc mission still has a delay :/)
- movement potions will now work as intended and even better
- movement potions will increase the moves by 5 AND will allow the player to dope your character to even restore more than the maximum for one super move.
- added ketchup as a new craftable cooking recipe
- add tomato as a cooking ingredient, buy-able in all ingredient stores.
- added tomato and ketchup as food, both are allround-foods restoring hp, stamina and mana
- so far you can not find or grow tomatoes just buy them (maybe in a later version)

please note: while the bug concerning abort mission should be resolved even so you reload a saved game in previous version, some of the new content still can be hidden. I've seen that the movement potions don't work with the new mechanic, probably due to cache. Even restoring the new helpmenu using 'The Doc' isn't working here.
KillerKetchup

Post by KillerKetchup »

Heindal wrote: December 16th, 2022, 4:28 pm Not having this variable causes this bug. I really like your hero and what you did with the weapon creator and how much time you spent in testing the game :). I made a fix, loaded your game and I could abort this mission, so this will be the solution for you.
Hey, thanks! Personally a really big fan of all your work, find your campaigns very fun to play.
Had lots of fun customising weapons and such, great part of the game. I've just been trying to figure out what's left to do at this point! Gotta find the ocean titan and figure out the limit to prosperity/security now.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thank you :). I hope you enjoy the recent changes.

Here some suggestion what you could do:
Spoiler:
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

I am currently in the main story at the point where I have to convince the outlaw in the Stonecutter village to give me the information I want. What type of wine is needed there? The consumables or the good?
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

The goods, you will need ten wine on your cart (he wants to drink a lot!). Unfortunately that is not in the FAQ and the walkthrough for some reasons :/.
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

Its rather a translation thing. Im Deutschen schreibts du das er Rotwein haben will, die Handelsware aber heisst "Wein" und der Gegenstand "Rotwein". Bisschen sehr verwirrend. Schreib doch "10 Fässer Wein" das dürfte es klarer machen.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Danke fürs Feedback, werde die Übersetzung und ggf. den Teil überarbeiten. Da es ja insgesamt 3 verschiedene Arten gibt wie du ihn überzeugen kannst
Spoiler:
ist das wohl untergegangen. Sich frei zu kaufen mit Wein ist allerdings auch extrem teuer, denn das war bevor ich die Preise für Wein gesteigert habe.
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

The other options never worked when I tried it. xD
But it actually works good, because it force the player to get into business and accumulate some money before going on with the main story.
And I found another small writing error: In the elven capital in the riverlands: "Waceh" anstatt "Wache" in "Sprich mit der Wache"
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

You have to be strong enough (a real thug) or have a high enough carouse skill (Zechen). Unfortunately that is as far as I remember the only useful option for the carouse. Carouse is however used for gossiping in the tavern and withstand drinking booze. Maybe I will add a mechanic as in Witcher, when you drink too much potions, but so far it is just for booze.

Concerning the German translation: yeah. That is true. Unfortunately I made these translation in one month spare time, it was a hellish work. So mistakes like that are likely. However I believe that the quality is somewhat higher than the English version, but that is always the case as you are forced to read over all the texts again and I'm a native speaker, which clearly helps. In other projects I started with the German version and translated it in English and everyone liked the English version more.
Federicux

Post by Federicux »

I feel stupid, but... I can't find out how to open the doors and how to pass the stairs.

I can't attack the doors. The "actions" menu has nothing related. Right-clicking the doors or the stairs doesn't seem useful. I obviously tried everything, except the right things.