Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Five Fates 1.0, Dungeoncrawl

Post by Heindal »

True, I never questioned that as it worked ... I will change that. Its a very old artifact and the helpmenu is only defined in the first scenario.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
lynx

Re: Five Fates 1.01, Dungeoncrawl

Post by lynx »

A few things I noticed:
- WML warnings/errors abound
- skill tree images are resized to be smaller, but almost unreadably so
- no way to check what everything you are carrying without de- and reequipping gear
- arrow rain spell does not decrease mana (at least not for my maiden)
- sometimes I picked up an item with no name (last thing was supposedly a helmet)
- found the airship before defeating the boss and now it won't let me enter without cheating (for which I'll have to check the campaign files to find out how to enable)
- no idea where to get so much money for the expensive gear, most scenarios don't give village gold
- fun nonetheless :)
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks for the feedback and the reported bugs :). Recently I don't have much time.
I hope there will be better times, so I can polished Five Fates and fix some of the bugs.

About the gold: almost any dungeon contains secret treasures so if you save all the things you found and with a little luck you can get enough gold for expensive upgrades. I heard about problems with the airship, but i tested this several times and it never failed for me :(.
Are you using linux by any chance?
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
lynx

Post by lynx »

I've found many treasures (got lucky with ghost armor in the first scenario), but even with all the items sold, I doubt it was over 5000.

Yes, I'm on linux, but that shouldn't matter. Did you test by visiting the ship first like I did? I guess from the WML, dragon variable is still "no".

Oh and how do I cheat now, I can't find it anywhere. If nothing else works, I'll just use :\n.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi,

you have two options: cheat, this can be done by restarting the game with annother character.
edit the save game with an editor press ctrl F to look for the phrase "dragon" to find the variable and set it to no.
I don't have time now as I have to go, but I will look into this problem as soon as i have time.

Kind regards

Heindal
lynx

Post by lynx »

maybe it's a problem with the dragon leather items? I see they clear the same variable.

In the save there was only the dragon-death setting to "no", the checks and these clears. Removing the clears didn't help, so I just set the var ingame.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

I tried the 1/2 vampire path and the saves are corrupted...
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

@lynx True! The variable for dragonleather is/was dragonleather, but the killed unit dropping the dragonleather was saved as "dragon" and cleared after that. So anyone who learn the scavengerskill should encounter this problem :oops:. I will be able to provide a bugfix soon. Thanks for your help.

@lu_zero this is proably caused by a not properly named variable. Can you attach your saved games - maybe I will be able to repair and fix the problem in the game right away. Thanks.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Fixed some of the problems with a new version:

- arrowrain and other massivedamagespells will now work properly consuming mana
- portals are now animated
- the scavengerbug should be solved - you will now be able to enter the airship - I renamed variables and this should work now
- I repaired some problems of the world conquer decision, wording and imaging
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Heindal wrote:@lynx True! The variable for dragonleather is/was dragonleather, but the killed unit dropping the dragonleather was saved as "dragon" and cleared after that. So anyone who learn the scavengerskill should encounter this problem :oops:. I will be able to provide a bugfix soon. Thanks for your help.

@lu_zero this is probably caused by a not properly named variable. Can you attach your saved games - maybe I will be able to repair and fix the problem in the game right away. Thanks.
Thank you
Attachments
FFa-Splitter-Auto-Save1.bz2
Savegame
(273.42 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Heindal

Re: Five Fates 1.02, Dungeoncrawl

Post by Heindal »

Well, I've checked all the variables within the save game. I haven't found any corrupt variables, except for one. Unfortunately you are probably using linux. I can't check my repaired save file it seems. However there is no easy solution to repair the save game, I will need longer to look into the 600 K+ lines of code ^^.
lynx

Post by lynx »

there's nothing special about linux, though maybe your text editor sucks. If you tell him what string to change where, he can easily repair that single corruption himself.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thats not the point. I can't identify the problem if there are differences in save games between the two operating systems.
Plus I might not be able to check myself if I've sucessfully repaired the file.

Its not so easy to just use find and replace if you don't know what you are looking for!
lynx

Post by lynx »

but you said you did find one corrupt variable. Wasn't that in his save?

... and I doubt there are any differences in format, besides maybe the end-of-line character.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

The first time it happened I just replaced the -999 and that was enough. If you can fix the code I can just rollback till the last known working save and just replay the game.