Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Post by Heindal »

1. You can hover over your abilities to see all of them. As far as I remember it worked better in older versions of Battle for Wesnoth (1.10-1.14)
2. Well it massively increases the complexity. Denied.
3. Why has your naga a hit and run attack? I think I just coded that for player units.
4. Unfortunately to unspecific, the unit vanished because it had the same id as another unit. That can happen as this add-on is pretty old and I might have used an older code here.
5. Nice.
6. Yeah, I never filtered that. I don't intend to change that.
7. Just tested, it works smoothly as intended.
Spoiler:
8. Because the fury ring increases and decreases all damages.
9. Which items? I don't understand.
10. This is make-able, I will see if can add that in a future version.
11. Yeah, but some things have a higher value. e.g. increasing the MP is very strong and as far as I remember in Lands of the Unknown it even decreased the health of the hero AND had an experience cost. So I think it is adequate. You should always remember that this is a game and you select what you want and like no matter the mathematical implications. I can see if make the advancement fairer and more equal (equaler? :P).
12. That is true.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

1. In the scenario "Diving Intervention" the bat leader sits in a keep without recruiting even though it has much gold.
2. My paladinshield doesn't increase my swamp defence.
3. A unit attacked me and poisoned me even though I had poison immunity.
4. I played a newer version of this campaign and I didn't need the teleportscroll to exit the naga scenario.
5. Trust of the pack AMLA seems to be an extra AMLA of elven path instead of befriend path. Choosing the slow spell unlocked it. This leadership AMLA didn't unlock anything.
6. When I hover, the abilities are one below another and sometimes my screen isn't high enough.
7. Answer: the naga in the world conquer scenario.
8. I'm happy you made me know each difficulty adds something special to scenarios.
9. For example, I've found a mithrilarmor as random loot but not in shops nor cheat options. I think the cheat mode should give access to every item.
10. Obviously some AMLAs have a higher value. The recruit-elvish-druids AMLA should cost more experience than the recruit-elvish-shamans AMLA.
11. Sometimes I'm irritated I only have one powerful unit and my every other unit is puny.
12. Currently the furyring increases damage if the hero first gets an attack from an item or from an AMLA and then equips the furyring. I want that the furyring also increases damage if he or she first equips the ring and then gets the attack. And same with other damage or strikes boosting items. Or, alternatively, the hero should be able to unequip any attack so that he or she can first equip the attack and then the furyring.
13. The player may need maths to survive, at least on higher difficulties.
14. I'm writing a spoiler for this campaign because you haven't done it.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: January 20th, 2023, 9:51 am 1. In the scenario "Diving Intervention" the bat leader sits in a keep without recruiting even though it has much gold.
2. My paladinshield doesn't increase my swamp defence.
3. A unit attacked me and poisoned me even though I had poison immunity.
4. I played a newer version of this campaign and I didn't need the teleportscroll to exit the naga scenario.
5. Trust of the pack AMLA seems to be an extra AMLA of elven path instead of befriend path. Choosing the slow spell unlocked it. This leadership AMLA didn't unlock anything.
6. When I hover, the abilities are one below another and sometimes my screen isn't high enough.
7. Answer: the naga in the world conquer scenario.
8. I'm happy you made me know each difficulty adds something special to scenarios.
9. For example, I've found a mithrilarmor as random loot but not in shops nor cheat options. I think the cheat mode should give access to every item.
10. Obviously some AMLAs have a higher value. The recruit-elvish-druids AMLA should cost more experience than the recruit-elvish-shamans AMLA.
11. Sometimes I'm irritated I only have one powerful unit and my every other unit is puny.
12. Currently the furyring increases damage if the hero first gets an attack from an item or from an AMLA and then equips the furyring. I want that the furyring also increases damage if he or she first equips the ring and then gets the attack. And same with other damage or strikes boosting items. Or, alternatively, the hero should be able to unequip any attack so that he or she can first equip the attack and then the furyring.
13. The player may need maths to survive, at least on higher difficulties.
14. I'm writing a spoiler for this campaign because you haven't done it.
1. That's intended. It does not have any recruit list. However it should just be activated, when you see her.
2. So idea why, it should increase it. Its not something specific inside the shield, its all the same macro. Either ALL shields and armors don't give swamp defense or none.
3. You can be poisoned, but it should cure in the next round. It could be that this is somehow broken in this version of wesnoth, but highly doubt that because I've used that spell almost everywhere.
4. I haven't changed a thing about the scenario except some terrain improvements. So it will work if you kill the nagini and after that the hero. Probably you somehow killed the hero without killing the nagini first. I don't know how you did this. Even killing the hero with bombs worked smoothly and opened the exit to the next level.
5. Some require two pathes to be unlocked, this one require elvishpath level 2 AND befriendpath level 1. There is a line missing in the skilltree.
However - without the knowledge of magic, which is unlocked with level 2, she can not possibly have these skills.
6. Yeah, as I said it used to better in 1.14. It is in the core and there is not much I can do about that.
7. No idea, it is just an attack that doesn't consume mp.
8. There is more - dwarves are bad at sneaking, half vampires can interact with bats and respawn them later on. Bowmaiden can somehow get a mechanical dog. I had plans for a specific thing in the 5th dungeon, but so far there is just dialogue. Also all story elements are different and each character has an special ending scenario - except the half vampire.
9. Why should a rare drop be available in a normal store? It´s not possible to buy that and it is intended.
10. But some have higher starting and initial costs. I can make them a little cheaper.
11. Depends on how you play. Especially in the naga scenario you can grind endlessly exp to upgrade your minions to level 3. Some of these recruit passes even unlock spells! The paladin could use leadership and different auras to make his minions strong.
12. Have to recheck. I think it's just the torch that is broken, as it should behave as you suggest. Other than that - equip and unequip the ring should always work.
13. I did fine with the half vampire. It was a cool adventure and with infinite exp to earn, it is a little bit grinding, but still possible.
14. As far as I know no developer writes spoilers or solution, except for marketing. And this is just a side project I made. I will never be able to finish the super-cool and super-secret X-COM-like Project at this rate.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Spirit_of_Currents

1. I noticed at least the three easiest heroes have one high tier AMLA not shown in the skilltree. I think it's hidden because it's so powerful.
2. The spell I got from supply path (1) of the paladin was different than the game message told me.
3. I chose supply path (2) and my sword vanished! Supply path (4) however gave it back, improved.
4. I had 200 gold and was able to buy a longsword (costs 350 gold) without paying anything! This bug applied to a paladinhammer (700 gold) too but not to a ghoulskin (3,500 gold) nor a leatherarmor (300 gold).
5. I recruited two units and saw aura path (4) having no effect.
6. I guess you could give each unit a right-click option to see every ability. You already can see your hero's every ability if you save game, use debug mode to make it advance, then load the save.
7. I don't want to buy a mithrilarmor. I want access to every item in case I chose cheat mode at campaign start.
8. If I some day make my own RPG add-on, it won't have difficulty levels. Instead I'll tell the player how hard each scenario roughly is and let him or her choose. Most scenarios still need to be unlocked by winning other scenarios but every scenario can be played any number of times. I'd make the campaign impossible to complete without playing some scenarios several times.
9. Splashpoison of my attack didn't work against scorpions.
10. In the attachment you can see a furyamulet bug, look at my shotgun.
11. It seems that if you have both poison immunity and regeneration, you can't regenerate when poison immunity cures poison.
12. What about something that gives immunity to some negative status effects for one turn? There may be many units having attacks inflicting negative status effects and it may take many turns to kill all of them.
Attachments
stuck at faulty amulet.gz
(930.51 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

1. I noticed at least the three easiest heroes have one high tier AMLA not shown in the skilltree. I think it's hidden because it's so powerful.

This might be, which ones? I made have made some creative changes to the amla or just forgot about it. As the amla is already super full, creating it again seemed kind of awful.

2. The spell I got from supply path (1) of the paladin was different than the game message told me.

Thx, will fix this.

3. I chose supply path (2) and my sword vanished! Supply path (4) however gave it back, improved.

The reason: When I updated the add-on I changed the system from existing attacks to equipable weapons. So the paladin started with weapons and could never unequip them. This is by the way the problem, why things like the shotgun of the dwarves make problems. But testing every item together with every hero and ability can cause them unforeseeable bugs.

4. I had 200 gold and was able to buy a longsword (costs 350 gold) without paying anything! This bug applied to a paladinhammer (700 gold) too but not to a ghoulskin (3,500 gold) nor a leatherarmor (300 gold).

Thx, will recheck. Maybe it is connected with the buy weapon function.

5. I recruited two units and saw aura path (4) having no effect.

Yeah, that is due to 1.16. They completely changed the leadership and this is still using the old code.

6. I guess you could give each unit a right-click option to see every ability. You already can see your hero's every ability if you save game, use debug mode to make it advance, then load the save.

If you tell me how to do that, I'm all ears.

7. I don't want to buy a mithrilarmor. I want access to every item in case I chose cheat mode at campaign start.

Denied. It is not a database, just a variable. I could find a trick to do this, but I don't see a reason why.

8. If I some day make my own RPG add-on, it won't have difficulty levels. Instead I'll tell the player how hard each scenario roughly is and let him or her choose. Most scenarios still need to be unlocked by winning other scenarios but every scenario can be played any number of times. I'd make the campaign impossible to complete without playing some scenarios several times.

I did the same thing. When you play this scenario as a vampire it will be hard, because everybody hates you (for no reason, because you are a good guy, but that's why nightmare isn't only referring to the difficulty)

9. Splashpoison of my attack didn't work against scorpions.

As far as I know I made no differences.

10. In the attachment you can see a furyamulet bug, look at my shotgun.

See 3.

11. It seems that if you have both poison immunity and regeneration, you can't regenerate when poison immunity cures poison.

This could be. However I use [regenerate] for regeneration and [heals] for the poison immunity. The healing cures poison and just works on himself.
This works in every other campaign I've made!

12. What about something that gives immunity to some negative status effects for one turn? There may be many units having attacks inflicting negative status effects and it may take many turns to kill all of them.

Use spells, if you want to avoid them or ranged. It seems a little bit overpowered that an attack with these specials have a 100% inflict chances, but if he snakes bites you, you will for sure have poison in your blood. I think its ok as it is. Making such an immunity wouldn't prevent any negativ effects, except you overwork every attack that gives a negative effect and taking in regard this ability. An easier way would be to heal all effects at the beginning of the new turn and kill the specific "one turn immunity" ability. Doesn't seem worth it for a single ability.
Spirit_of_Currents

1. I got dwarven guard (5) but then I couldn't recruit thunderers. That (being unable) is new for me, it worked earlier. Later the recruit-thunderers option came back.
2. Grey's devour made a ghost have zero hitpoints but it didn't vanish.
3. In the scenario "The Artifact" Grey casted a spell that created many undead and I got an error message:
<Lua error> game_error: unknown unit type: Nightmare
stack traceback:
(C): in field 'create'
lua/wml-tags.lua:786: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-utils.lua:144: in field 'handle_event_commands'
lua/wml-flow.lua:51: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-flow.lua:19: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-flow.lua:5: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:4>
4. A circus disappeared after a random event encounter. Edit: now I know circus does nothing in this campaign.
5. Every time I move on the worldmap (infinite gameplay) and gain the movement points back, I need to deactivate encounters.
6. I think the scenario "Surprise" has the upside you can adjust difficulty level very smoothly. On the contrary, the earlier scenarios may be too easy or too hard depending on which AMLA paths you prefer. Edit: you may get bored because either things are too easy or you need to do tons of grinding. Edit: see 36.
7. The scenario "Splitter" is the last scenario where I can buy some items. They are unavailable in "Surprise". Edit: a bad thing if you ask me.
8. In scenario "Monsternest" my hero has no ZoC.
9. When I'm selling something I scavenged from animals, the message speaks about more materials than I had.
10. The hidden AMLAs give a very powerful spell or summon.

Edit: more things.

11. In the scenario "Arena" some enemies spawn on deep water and can't move. Addition: maybe I could use flood spell to turn terrain to shallow water.
12. My dwarvenhero somehow became able to recruit bears and wolf hunters.
13. Could you make the scenario "Arena" spawn enemies more variedly? But please, no negative status effects other than slow and poison.
14. In a campaign "Legend of the Invincibles" you can right-click your units and choose "Items", then "Unit information". Now you can see many things, among other things all the abilities. Just look at the code and you can do same.
15. I tried casting a spell to create a unit in a shrouded area. I had to end turn before I was able to see things around my new unit.

Another edit: even more things.

16. I'd like to see how many materials I've scavenged. Then I would know if it's worth visiting the shops.
17. In Diving Intervention I faced an unfair and unbalanced situation: the nagini leader summoned a nightgaunt that killed my heroine when she was near full hitpoints, while a naga fighter assisted the backstab.
18. I remember medicine cures weak in Strange Legacy but not in Five Fates. Edit: at least I remember I didn't need pango to cure weak in SL.
19. After my bowmaid leaved Aethenwood, she appeared very north. Edit: the dwarf and the paladin spawn on wrong locations on the worldmap too. Edit: and the bandit.
20. When I entered a monsternest scenario, my gold doubled! Edit: I need debug mode not to cheat (to half my gold).

And more things...

21. I had bought many extra strikes but after switching weapons I only had one extra strike. Well, one extra strike for 400 gold probably was overpowered anyway. I think the cost should increase every time you buy one extra strike (melee and ranged separately).
22. When I started making spoilers, I just played and used debug mode. At some point I also began to look at the code.
23. My bowmaid somehow became able to recruit dwarvish guardsmen.
24. My paladin can have both a lightmace and a mastersword equipped simultaneously.
25. I think, if an attack has the splash special, then its areadamage should scale with centerdamage.
26. I noticed I learn while playing this campaign on higher difficulties.
27. My paladin's bless weapon summon did nothing to his equipped mastersword. The shrine worked however. Strange. The summon worked in Splitter.
28. In Home of the Souleater a ghost somehow has -12 HP.
29. A suggestion: you can only cast spells on units you can see. Edit: this would apply to enemies too.

Yet another edit, even more things:

30. My bandit was able to equip the stormlance.
31. When an enemy kills another enemy, I still get gold if I have looting skill.
32. My bandit is able to buy ranged weapons in Weldyn! That's why I ask you to check if the halfvampire can do something he or she shouldn't in Surprise.
33. I had to edit a save file to change the damage types of my bandit's head butt and silent killer attacks from arcane back to original.
34. My bandit's head butt drained when it shouldn't.
35. I rarely face a bug where I must "flee" the monsternest scenario even though I've killed all the monsters. The map label on the world map doesn't disappear, and when I re-enter, I may have uneven gold.
36. I managed to complete this campaign with a bandit without cheating, debug mode or save-scumming. I however grinded a little and exploited the bug I mentioned earlier (30).
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi spirit,

I'm working on it and added some new content to the add-on so it will take some time.

1. I got dwarven guard (5) but then I couldn't recruit thunderers. That (being unable) is new for me, it worked earlier. Later the recruit-thunderers option came back.

Yeah, I fixed a bug concerning that.

2. Grey's devour made a ghost have zero hitpoints but it didn't vanish.

Well, its a "bug", but has just low priority.

3. In the scenario "The Artifact" Grey casted a spell that created many undead and I got an error message:
<Lua error> game_error: unknown unit type: Nightmare
stack traceback:
(C): in field 'create'
lua/wml-tags.lua:786: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-flow.lua:51: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-flow.lua:19: in local 'cmd'
lua/wml-flow.lua:5: in function <lua/wml-flow.lua:4>

He can not summon Nightmare. I searched in the entire campaign for the name Nightmare.
There is a horse with that name now. :/

4. A circus disappeared after a random event encounter. Edit: now I know circus does nothing in this campaign.

Yeah. It just decoration.

5. Every time I move on the worldmap (infinite gameplay) and gain the movement points back, I need to deactivate encounters.

Fixed.

6. I think the scenario "Surprise" has the upside you can adjust difficulty level very smoothly. On the contrary, the earlier scenarios may be too easy or too hard depending on which AMLA paths you prefer. Edit: you may get bored because either things are too easy or you need to do tons of grinding. Edit: see 36.

Well, it is just an aftermath and an additional scenario to play with your hero.

7. The scenario "Splitter" is the last scenario where I can buy some items. They are unavailable in "Surprise".

Edit: a bad thing if you ask me.

Not quite sure, if that is true. There are tons of options hidden on the world-map.

8. In scenario "Monsternest" my hero has no ZoC.

Smaller bug, but strange.

9. When I'm selling something I scavenged from animals, the message speaks about more materials than I had.

Will check.

10. The hidden AMLAs give a very powerful spell or summon.

I added this one later on and did not add it to the skill-tree, because I don't have the original files any more.
I think I did this with Photoshop once. Now I just use gimp.

Edit: more things.

11. In the scenario "Arena" some enemies spawn on deep water and can't move. Addition: maybe I could use flood spell to turn terrain to shallow water.

That´s ok, it was reported before. You have to kill them with spells. I will however reduce the number of deep water tiles and change make the entire arena accessible.

12. My dwarvenhero somehow became able to recruit bears and wolf hunters.

Could be, you can get many abilities by armors or books.

13. Could you make the scenario "Arena" spawn enemies more variedly? But please, no negative status effects other than slow and poison.

Already did, you might now experience rabbits ;) and many many more enemies.

14. In a campaign "Legend of the Invincibles" you can right-click your units and choose "Items", then "Unit information". Now you can see many things, among other things all the abilities. Just look at the code and you can do same.

Yeah, and who says that it is compatible. Dugi is a genius. He used lua and even so I tried I was never able to learn it. I mean, I know the basics, but it is not my kind of language. + many people underestimate the complexity. I'm quite sure you could be a lua expert and could do nothing in wesnoth, if you have now idea about the internal structure of battle for wesnoth.

15. I tried casting a spell to create a unit in a shrouded area. I had to end turn before I was able to see things around my new unit.

Another edit: even more things.

16. I'd like to see how many materials I've scavenged. Then I would know if it's worth visiting the shops.

Help menu now shows scavenged material.

17. In Diving Intervention I faced an unfair and unbalanced situation: the nagini leader summoned a nightgaunt that killed my heroine when she was near full hitpoints, while a naga fighter assisted the backstab.

Yeah, I might need to reduce his summon abilites. Its enough he is immortal.

18. I remember medicine cures weak in Strange Legacy but not in Five Fates. Edit: at least I remember I didn't need pango to cure weak in SL.

Yeah, that´s the way it is in FF.

19. After my bowmaid leaved Aethenwood, she appeared very north. Edit: the dwarf and the paladin spawn on wrong locations on the worldmap too. Edit: and the bandit.

Will fix that.

20. When I entered a monsternest scenario, my gold doubled! Edit: I need debug mode not to cheat (to half my gold).

Will fix that.

And more things...

21. I had bought many extra strikes but after switching weapons I only had one extra strike. Well, one extra strike for 400 gold probably was overpowered anyway. I think the cost should increase every time you buy one extra strike (melee and ranged separately).

Yeah, it could be that this is wrong code. In the first version of FF you couldn't equip weapons. I probably forgot about that.

22. When I started making spoilers, I just played and used debug mode. At some point I also began to look at the code.

Cool, I hope you could learn something. The code is however highly deprecated. I'm not proud, but I had no time nor motivation, because there was a lot of work to even bring this add-on to 1.16, where tons of things changed and seemingly not plausible. (such as changing the time for prints)

23. My bowmaid somehow became able to recruit dwarvish guardsmen.

Nice. But I don`t know what happened. You start with a completely different character, which does not have the amla needed for that.

24. My paladin can have both a lightmace and a mastersword equipped simultaneously.

Dual wielder!

25. I think, if an attack has the splash special, then its areadamage should scale with centerdamage.

Yeah, nice idea. But I don't want to code that.

26. I noticed I learn while playing this campaign on higher difficulties.

Good.

27. My paladin's bless weapon summon did nothing to his equipped mastersword. The shrine worked however. Strange. The summon worked in Splitter.

That is strange.

28. In Home of the Souleater a ghost somehow has -12 HP.

Could be.

29. A suggestion: you can only cast spells on units you can see. Edit: this would apply to enemies too.

Yeah, but I don´t know how to do that.

30. My bandit was able to equip the stormlance.

This is intended, he just can´t buy things in the store.

31. When an enemy kills another enemy, I still get gold if I have looting skill.

This intended.

32. My bandit is able to buy ranged weapons in Weldyn! That's why I ask you to check if the halfvampire can do something he or she shouldn't in Surprise.

This intended.

33. I had to edit a save file to change the damage types of my bandit's head butt and silent killer attacks from arcane back to original.

This has something to do, with blessing weapons. It blesses all melee weapons and changes the damage type to arcane.

34. My bandit's head butt drained when it shouldn't.

Why, when you use a weapon buff, it will stick to all melee weapons.

35. I rarely face a bug where I must "flee" the monsternest scenario even though I've killed all the monsters. The map label on the world map doesn't disappear, and when I re-enter, I may have uneven gold.

Fixed, however it can be that a monster isn't killed properly. In that case you must leave and return.

36. I managed to complete this campaign with a bandit without cheating, debug mode or save-scumming. I however grinded a little and exploited the bug I mentioned earlier (30).

And that is ok.
Spirit_of_Currents

1. I wish I could see all my weapons and equipment without needing to unequip first.
2. I think I get too little gold when selling rare loot.
3. I'd like to buy extra strikes in Surprise with, of course, the prices increasing every time I do so. Someone might also want to buy movement points.
4. I'm sure this campaign is easier when you can cast spells on units you can't see.
5. In Arena my hero becomes poisoned even though no one with a poisonous attack hit him.
6. In Arena the enemy soon begins to spend much time thinking.
7. Some messages that flash on the screen disappear too fast.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

1. I wish I could see all my weapons and equipment without needing to unequip first.

Nah. (Because it will show many options that are not relevant and that is just confusing.)

2. I think I get too little gold when selling rare loot.

I will not change that. Because it would mean a lot of micro-management.

3. I'd like to buy extra strikes in Surprise with, of course, the prices increasing every time I do so. Someone might also want to buy movement points.

I can add that, even so the Surprise leads nowhere.

4. I'm sure this campaign is easier when you can cast spells on units you can't see.

Not really, as you must guess where they stand otherwise your attack is pointless. With shroud and fog of war, this is more than enough to keep people guessing.

5. In Arena my hero becomes poisoned even though no one with a poisonous attack hit him.

An enemy spell maybe?

6. In Arena the enemy soon begins to spend much time thinking.

Idk.

7. Some messages that flash on the screen disappear too fast.

Yeah, this due to something I mentioned earlier. In all previous version print worked differently. With 1.16 they changed that. I will correct it.
Spirit_of_Currents

1. I'd like to sell in Weldyn those shields I got from Strange Store.
2. I guess that, if you limit the number of different unit types per round in Arena, it makes the AI think faster. I think you should also limit how
often a specific unit type can appear.
3. In Arena, the number of enemy units per round stops increasing at some point. Is this intended?
4. I have +2 gold income in Arena.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

1. I'd like to have a pizza now. :lol:
2. Hard to make as I just bolstered the number of units that can spawn by factor 3, as you suggested before ;).
3. Yes, its capped at 20.
4. Not intended, usually the income needs to be defined in each scenario, in this it wasn't. Fixed.
Heindal

Five Fates 1.14, Dark Mirror

Post by Heindal »

Banner_Darkmirror.png
The new version for Five Fates (Dark Mirror) has been uploaded to the add-on server.

fixes:

- income arena reduced
- print messages will now stay much longer as intended
- fixed a bug concerning the monsternest gold
- fixed bug concerning the crossbow and sword for the paladin
- heroes entering the special location will now spawn outside of it, when leaving
- deactivating encounters in infinite movement works now
- fixed thunderer bug
- fixed several bugs concerning recruitment
- first strike is no longer applied twice
- fixed a potential problem with recruitment
- fixed and changed all leadership related bugs
- torch is now affected by rings and other effects giving strikes or damage
- fixed post advance events and and last breath events in randommissions
- deactivating encounters in infinite movement works now

changes:

- added hint of what to do in the second scenario
- the 2nd guardian will now be revived with 10 hitpoints, not fully healed, he will no longer have teleport
- added some terrains to slow down naga and additional keeps to allow advancing when playing with recruit based tactics
- you can no longer deactivate skill explaination
- increased number of possible units in arena
- decrease maximum number of enemies to 15 to avoid delay
- arena - now has less watertiles, several terrains, castles and fortifications and alternative ways
- improved some icons in the surprise
- added special potion store to weldyn
- potions (dexterity, hardiness and movement) now increase their prices everytime they are bought (factor 1.25)
- help menu now shows scavenged material
- help menu now shows negative stats
(I hate the code and I feel dump, but it works. Better approach would be reading the abilities and adding a list using for each.)
- cheating now allows you to receive experience or gold, several times
- advanced leadership will now allow the paladin to recruit lieutenants with leadership, instead of receiving better leadership (which is no longer possible in 1.16)
- cure / poison immunity will now give the paladin a cure ability that heals him and everyone around him
- headbutt, silent killer (now just killer) and headbutt2 are now techniques,
which can be equipped like weapon restoring their old status and damagetype, taking in regard all damage or strike effects
- headbutt now unlocks a spell, that harms a ajacent unit and slows it for 1 mana
-- probably one of the strongest spells in the game, to upgrade the early weapons path of the bandit
- the option for the halfvampire in 4th scenario will now allow you to hire Vampire Bats AND Blood Bats
- added attack animations for the Grey
- torch is now affected by rings and other effects giving strikes or damage
- upgraded dungeon generation with more tiles, less boring replacements
- reduced some of the death elf troops, making them fairer, less damage and slowing attacks

new content:

- last scenario for vampire
- save civilian scenario with increasing difficulty
- added new death elven units and 7 new portraits
- added rat swarm unit and advancements
- added Blitzguard a new guard and miniboss in the mechanic dungeon
- slightly improved portraits for machineguards
- an abandoned ballista, fifth guardian
-- each character uses it differently
- Hardinesspath of the Bandit will allow to unlock Loner
(25% more damage, everyone around you -25%)
- added sacrifice and undeadguard as new abilities
ForestDragon

Re: Five Fates 1.14, Dark Mirror

Post by ForestDragon »

I wonder whether the update name was inspired by Skul The Hero Slayer's Dark Mirror update or is it just a coincidence?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Well, no. I found it in my own description of the dark elf faction (death elf faction) and used it, as I mostly expanded this faction in this update and even so it is just recolored versions, it took a lot of time. I made this description pew, probably ten / eleven years ago?
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

alright