Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle

Re: Five Fates 1.03, Dungeoncrawl

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Spelling and grammar updates attached.
Attachments
five_proof.txt
(5.94 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
Speak softly, and carry Doombringer.
Heindal

Five Fates 1.08 Update

Post by Heindal »

A new update for Five Fates:

- the random dungeons are back, unfortunately there is still a stupid white error message I can't get rid of (hours of testing ugh).
- however the dungeons work as they should
- random dungeons will called after level 1 of the dungeon and level 4 of the dungeon featuring unique random missions and enemies
- this will give you even more randomness to your game run, these levels however aren't mandatory and can be skipped
- doors can have random appearance (as in SL)
- during test runs I've noticed a long delay, I'm not quite sure what causes this.
- added a secret option somewhere in the game with a statue of white_haired_uncle
- this statue even has a positive side effect on the player

- targetmiddle and resistance bug are repaired now
- there are two different sizes of skilltrees now
- charmed has been overworked as in strange legacy, it has a 20% hitchance
- repaired transformspell - it will not end the game any more when transforming back :p
- updated some graphics (such as the steamgate, which always looked a little odd), door and missing images
- corrected grammar and spelling mistakes based on white haired uncles paper

Ugh beside annoying testing runs, I've also made the mistake to replace "its" with "it's". Not a smart move, as the source code contains a lot of words such as units. I could definitely do more for this add-on but for now I'm finished. The add-on is better than before, so enjoy the changes.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

How do you get rid off the weak trait?
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Tarcil wrote: December 26th, 2021, 11:03 am How do you get rid off the weak trait?
Pango
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

Thank you
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
Heindal

Five Fates 1.10, Dark One

Post by Heindal »

Five Fates, Version 1.10 has been uploaded to the server for Battle for Wesnoth 1.16.
This old project needed some love. Codename: Dark One
Lorngrind_Dark.png
Lorngrind_Dark.png (127.84 KiB) Viewed 940 times
fixes:

- some pieces of equipment weren't properly saved
- name changes to prevent odd behavior of the inventory
- wording improvements of the intro story for all heroes
- basic wording improvement over the entire campaign
- gold error message will no longer show up

>> not fixed problems

- When starting the add-on for the first time, it can be that the game can't be saved.
- This happens if you have activated auto saves. Strange about this behavior is that when you restart the add-on (just the add-on not the game), the bug will no longer occur.
- So, my advice. If you receive the message in the first dungeon, that your save game can't be saved, you can either play the game rogue / iron man like without saving, or you just restart the add-on and skip the tutorial. So far I can say, that this is caused by the inventory inside of the hero-menu. But without it, the game is pointless and I couldn't determine the exact location of the bug.

improvements:

- loot and corpses for scavenging will now behave more natural, but you have to collect them piece by piece
- design for showing up equipment in inventory
- the selling options now show the exact price, not just '50% of'
- modernized code for wounded, heavy wounded and venom
- improved the worldmap with around 50 npcs, several items and map improvements
- improved the world conquer scenario with unique avatars (dark one avatars) for each of the heroes
- after finishing the world conquer scenario you will receive an additional ending
- all macros concerning attacks etc. should work now, and each leader has an own last breath, with consequences on the battlefield
Spoiler:

- cheaters now have a 'kill' option, to harm a unit for 80 damage
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
Heindal

Five Fates 1.11, Dungeoncrawl

Post by Heindal »

The version 1.11 fixes problems with saved games in Battle for Wesnoth 1.16 caused by wrong defense parameters.
Duncan_Shriek

Re: Five Fates 1.11, Dungeon crawler

Post by Duncan_Shriek »

With wesnoth-1.16.6: BOSSLOOT macro doesn't work. The png is correctly placed, but the message when stepping on it is empty for the $Loottype and then a lua error is thrown.
Heindal

Re: Five Fates 1.12, Dungeon crawler

Post by Heindal »

Thank you for this bug report. I've found a way to fix it.

It was caused by "delayed_variable_substitution=no".
It is used in other macros and it works there, but probably it did not work because it was nested.

- I've uploaded the new version 1.12 to Battle for Wesnoth 1.16

- fixed the boos loot macro
- improved the boss loot macro and made a fallback in case the variable loot gets lost
- when you already have the same loot you will receive 200 gold instead as a compensation
- loot and corpses are now placed under the hero as it should be
- Materials and Loot now give a hint that this options receives learnable skills
- Duncan_Shriek has been added to the credits
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

Here are some feedback and bug reports.
1. I tried to buy bards armor but didn't get it. I had to pay however!
2. Could you make armors give different resistances for different damage types?
3. I equipped and unequipped a few armors and ended up having the specials of each of them! I tried ending turn and saving and loading but I still had the abilities I shouldn't have.
4. Every time I equip my baselard, my dwarvenhero's battleaxe attack gets a new permanent extrastrike special.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

1. Intended. Did you enjoy this feature? It is of course not intended. I see that the bards armor isn't included into the inventory with the correct name. Unfortunately it is not possible to activate that in a saved game afterwards. I fixed it however.

2. Yes, when I started the campaign the armors all gave different resistances. Problem why I changed that, was that the description of the armors became way too long. During that time I did not know about <small> and or span and made a simpler version.

Also my armors give extra hitpoints, give a movement nerf AND a resistance perf. Adding all of the resistances would have increased complexity.
Now they just provide universal resistance.

3. Indeed, it seems to be that some of the new armor and the armor specials Initiative, Blitz, Bloodlust and Distract were not proper deactivated.
Pew, so it wasn't a general problem. More of a sergeant problem. If fixed it.

4. Indeed, that was a code for dual-wielding weapons, which affected the other weapon as well.

Fixed it.
Heindal

Five Fates 1.13 Neat Terrain

Post by Heindal »

I added the fixes from above, replaced the vampire bats by giant rats to make the game the start of the campaign a little easier. I also improved all maps with new terrain, making all dungeons a little bit cooler. E.g. I replaced the castle of the dead elves with a elf ruin design. I also increased the variety of the terrain to give you more options, added some choke points and open space for better strategies. I also added more castles and camps to allow you to recall and recruit your minions, as well as provide more strategic defense. I have tested the campaign and it should run. Added spirits to the credits.
Spirit_of_Currents

Here are some more feedback and bug reports.
1. I equipped a spear and it has first strike twice. Same with a pike.
2. I chose the poison immunity AMLA but it didn't work.
3. I could only recruit young dwarves even though I had chosen two dwarven guard AMLAs. This bug doesn't always appear. I remember it appearing during a
sidemission.
4. The scenario "Diving Intervention" was hard. I was so badly stuck I looked at the scenario code. I remember no dialogue after killing the bat leader and the naga leader next to it. At some point, however, the "immortal" naga leader stopped appearing and casting spells, and I was able to enter the north-eastern corner of the map. I used debug mode to remove shroud and saw the exit hexes. I was unable to enter them so I sold some equipment to get enough money for a teleportscroll.
5. An enemy attacked a trader.
6. I could say two different wishes at the wishing well.
7. Is it safe to update to the newest version of this campaign in the middle of it?
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Hi thanks for your feedback and bugreports:

1. Found it, the first strike was mentioned two times in the macro that gives weapon specials, so it was applied two times. I fixed that now.
2. Should work, its the same source code as in other add-ons. However it does not cure harder poisons such as venom.
3. Not sure what happened, it could have something to do with the side mission. Tested this, it should work.
4. Well, you have to find out how to defeat the hero.

Here is the solution:
Spoiler:

As a dwarf you usually avoid bathing and diving and so you can not use the diving option in this dungeon. All other heroes can dive and reach the camp easier. So it is indeed a little bit trickier. I will slow down the immortal hero a little bit, maybe by reducing his hit points when he is reincarnated. I will also add some additional defense line, which will allow you to approach forward, while he is gone. This way I should make this scenario more fun.

5. Intended. It is also a strategy in the first map. The trader will defend themselves and even reincarnate once defeated (they take a healing potion).

6. So you wished well. It is the standard wishing well from the core ;). I just used it, so it might be a problem in the core.

7. It is safe, but some changes might not be part of the loaded game. While a map should update with the new content and some basic options on new scenarios will work, anything nested in the safe game, such as everything inside the inventory will not be updated. E.g. the Bard Armor had a different name in the previous version, even so buying it now, will not make the bard armor appear.

I will not make an update today, this requires some more time and testing. Today I don't have time for that.
Last edited by Heindal on January 19th, 2023, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit_of_Currents

1. My hero had -25% damage but I couldn't see why. I tried using medicine and it worked. I have so many abilities I can't see all of them.
2. A suggestion: treasuremaps are more expensive but you can always enter the treasure hex.
3. My naga couldn't move after using a hit and run attack.
4. My attacks against an enemy missed and I chose to load a save. The enemy was not there anymore!
5. My elvish bloodthirst had a randomly-generated name "Legololas".
6. Splashpoison made a mechanical and an undead unit poisoned.
7. I did what you said about the nagini but I couldn't access the exit hexes without a teleportscroll.
8. Spit fire normally does 9x2 damage. I somehow equipped or unequipped my torch and my furyring and now my spit fire only does 6x2 damage!
9. I chose the cheat mode but couldn't acquire some items shops don't sell.
10. The campaign could ask a cheater if he or she wants extra experience, gold, or items. Some people may only want to use a part of cheats.
11. I think the current AMLA system has one problem: it encourages you to first get those AMLAs increasing the experience cost of later AMLAs as little as possible because that way you need less experience to get all of those AMLAs. I've figured out a solution: The second dwarven guard AMLA always costs the same amount of experience, the third elven path AMLA always costs the same amount of experience, the fifth supply path AMLA always costs the same amount of experience etcetera. When you get a standard movement AMLA, it increases the experience cost of later movement AMLAs but not other AMLAs. Same with other AMLAs always having the same effect. You'll have to choose your next AMLA at campaign start or right after getting the previous AMLA.
12. I guess poison immunity doesn't protect from poison spells.