The Altaz Mariners (2p pirate RPG) now with French translation!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bob_The_Mighty

Re: SPOILERS: Altaz Mariners stuck on the storm barrier

Post by Bob_The_Mighty »

I'm not entirely sure where you've got to, but...
Spoiler:
p.s. can a mod merge this with the main campaign thread?
My current projects:
MP pirate campaign: The Altaz Mariners
RPG sequel: Return to Trent
MP stealth campaign: Den of Thieves
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: SPOILERS: Altaz Mariners stuck on the storm barrier

Post by Pentarctagon »

DwarvenRogue wrote: February 21st, 2023, 2:39 am I have been to every island above the storm barrier and
Spoiler:
The last hint that I received about Marco leads me into the storm barrier, but
Spoiler:
. Please help.
FYI your post has been merged into the Altaz Mariner's thread.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Re: The Altaz Mariners (2p pirate RPG) now with French translation!

Post by Atreides »

Bob_The_Mighty wrote: October 30th, 2021, 10:34 pm I'm also getting lots of this: "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" - any idea what that means?
Yep, I do. It's caused by some PNG's not complying with some "standard" for a colour profile. I've forgotten some of the details now, heh. But what it means is that the colours may be a bit off.

My solution was a Linux program called trimage that not only corrects the colour profile for you but also maximally compresses PNG's as well as purging out any "useless metadata". I've run it on many of the sprites in the addons I've worked on and it saved a LOT of space as well as killing that annoying log warning.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

EUGordy wrote: February 23rd, 2023, 6:44 pm
Atreides wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 5:00 am
Bob_The_Mighty wrote: October 30th, 2021, 10:34 pm I'm also getting lots of this: "libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile" - any idea what that means?
Yep, I do. It's caused by some PNG's not complying with some "standard" for a colour profile. I've forgotten some of the details now, heh. But what it means is that the colours may be a bit off.

My solution was a Linux program called trimage that not only corrects the colour profile for you but also maximally compresses PNG's as well as purging out any "useless metadata". I've run it on many of the sprites in the addons I've worked on and it saved a LOT of space as well as killing that annoying log warning.
Thanks for the great advice. I recently started using Ubuntu. Now I'm studying what programs can be installed to make it comfortable to use.
Cool, I installed debian back in 2019 (although I'd used Linux in 1999 and Unix in, errr, 1984) and find the modern version is quite user friendly. If you are looking for a editor to use for modding Wesnoth I can't recommend Kate highly enough. Powerful and a very useful ability to colourize WML which has I'm sure saved my butt many a time.
Spixi

Post by Spixi »

The Altaz Mariners is one of my most favorite addons. However, I have some improvement requests.

Ratty’s undead variation (Dog and War Dog) is set to saurian for no reason. It should be wolf instead.

The Naga sprites used in this campaign are very outdated. It would be great to add the units from the Naga Dirkfang line, which could replace TAM’s Naga Hunter line.

Some other units could be replaced with the core ones, e. g. Horse and Dwarvish Miner (Gremlock). Fire Wisp is also proposed for addition to main, see PR #5532.

It also seems that the Khalifate images at ./images/units/khalifate can be removed, now where Dunefolk is part of the core.