Betrayal of Thaeylan: 2p campaign

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

H-Hour

Re: Betrayal of Thaeylan: 2p campaign for 1.8.x

Post by H-Hour »

Thanks very much jb. I'm really glad you made it through and value your feedback as a developer yourself. Did you play with the Hard difficulty?
Spoiler:
Charon

Post by Charon »

Hello H-Hour,

I really have fun with the campaign so far (playing local as single player with both factions), but at the beginning of mission 3 a bug stopped me from going further.
I did not get the additional money from the end of mission 2 and futhermore the recall list is the same like at the start of mission 2. All my leveld units from mission 3 are missing.

Bob_The_Mighty and Konrad2 mentioned the problem already, but the reload trick did not work for me.

Any ideas?
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

Hi Charon, thanks for playing. Make sure you are following all of these tips for proper saving and reloading in a multiplayer campaign.

This includes never, ever loading from the "Back to turn x" option in the game. If you do this and then save, the save will not be able to recall properly on the next scenario.

You may have to start over to ensure the save is not corrupted from the beginning.
Charon

Post by Charon »

Thank you H-Hour,

following the tips did it for me to continue the campain.
Lomex

Post by Lomex »

Hey H-Hour,

I am currently playing through your campaign online, and so far it is simply amazing! Beautiful maps, interesting goals and special events... really enjoying it.

As a read here, the campaign is not yet finished storywise - is the development still going on? Are you still interested in specific feedback to the different scenarios?
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

Thanks for playing. I have not worked on it in a long time but neither have I "abandoned" it. I would very much appreciate more feedback and hope to return to working on it at some point in the future.
Jagger

Post by Jagger »

a friend an i are playing this campaign. After the first scenario, the host can continue, but the other player gets an error, saying there is an unexpected unit on the starting line. we have tried reloading and such, with no luck. Any help here?
chickenface says:
"isnt life to short to have clothes on?"
(thats deep)
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

Hi jagger, thanks for playing. Make sure that you and your friend are following the instructions on how to safely load MP games. In addition to that, make sure you both have downloaded the same version of the addon. Several unit IDs were changed in the last version to avoid compatibility problems with the new units.
Jagger

Post by Jagger »

we both downloaded it right then to try it. Now i cant even open my own reloads of that second scenario.
chickenface says:
(thats deep)
H-Hour

Post by H-Hour »

It is most likely a problem with the saving/loading method. Check that thread I posted before. You may have to start over following the rules specified to ensure the save does not get corrupted. Sorry for the hassle.
Jagger

Post by Jagger »

We did restart, twice, following the rules both times. the second time we couldn't even reload the replays from the first scenario. we had to give up on it. the campaign seems really fun and well put together, so its really frustrating for us.
chickenface says:
(thats deep)
H-Hour

Re: Betrayal of Thaeylan: 2p campaign for 1.10.x

Post by H-Hour »

Version 0.6.2 is now on the 1.10.x addons server. This release is primarily just a code update for compatibility with 1.10.x, but it includes some changes and additions I made a long time ago, including:
  • New branch option after scenario 6
  • New enemy units to provide fresh foes outside of default
  • Lots of balancing changes, especially to make later scenarios more difficult
Versions for 1.8.x will no longer be supported. If I don't get too distracted, the next version will support 1.11.x.
H-Hour

Re: Betrayal of Thaeylan: 2p campaign for 1.10.x

Post by H-Hour »

Version 0.7.0 is now on the 1.11.x addons server.

This release updates the code for compatibility with 1.11.x and includes the following:
  • Two new scenarios to bring the total to 11
  • New playable unit, Torchbearer, appears in scenario 10. It can light archers' arrows on fire.
  • Three new ai-only units
  • Lots of story panels in place of dialogue
  • Various bug fixes and improvements
The final scenario in this release is fully playable, but still missing a few key events. I hope to complete the final two scenarios in a future 0.8 release and from there work on polishing the campaign.

Versions 0.6.x of this add-on will still be supported for the 1.10.x server if major bugs are found.
Last edited by H-Hour on June 4th, 2013, 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H-Hour

Re: Betrayal of Thaeylan: 2p campaign for 1.10.x and 1.11.x

Post by H-Hour »

Version 0.7.1 is now on the 1.11.4 addons server.

This is a minor release which includes the following:
  • Completed victory dialogue and major event in scenario 11
  • Added casting animation frame for Blue Mage and Tempest
Neuromancer

Re: Betrayal of Thaeylan: 2p campaign for 1.10.x and 1.11.4

Post by Neuromancer »

Nice campaign!