Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Xello99

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Xello99 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: May 15th, 2023, 3:24 am
Xello99 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 6:22 pm I feel like this is a stupid question but why do the enemies so much damage? I have just restarted the campaign (actually trying to complete it this time), and I'm having trouble in the very first scenario xD. The Orc grunts do 16-2 damage as a base instead of 9-2. Is that intended? I've checked other campaigns to make sure it's not one of my other mods, and it only happens in this campaign. I play on Captain (medium) difficulty.

Edit: I updated the mod and restarted the campagin, and now it's back to normal. Not sure what was the problem though
You probably know this, but if you mouse over the damage (e.g. 16x2) in the main gui, you can see modifications, like time of day, leadership, and specials. I'm wondering if part of the reason starting over seemed to fix things is because it changed the time of day (for one thing). You said "as a base", so you probably already know this.

BTW, there's a trick (okay, two or three, but one that really matters) to the first scenario. If you don't know it, that scenario can be pretty darn hard. If you know it, it doesn't really matter if the enemies do a lot of damage or not. If you get stuck, https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Walkthrou ... -Chapter01. The built in clues for this scenario are out of date.
I didn't hover over the damage but 16-2 was the base damage. At day it was a little less, at night it shot up to like 20-2 (even worse against fencers due to their bad resistances). I thought at first that one or two were geared and it for some reason didn't say when hovering over the character, but all of them being geared seemed a stretch. I did update all my mods in between restarting, so maybe there was some conflict between these that got solved.

And I did not know about the trick to this scenario, thanks! On medium I usually manage to defeat all the Orcs upfront, and most importantly I get to save Mario that way :D. So I kinda prefer that route still. But it's good to know!
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Finished part 1 of recent beta on 1.17. Not a lot of issues this time around. Took the short cut after visiting only the leftmost side of the map and finished the final battle on turn 7 using only Lethalia and 4 greater healing potions. Could have easily finished on turn 6, probably turn 5 if I pushed it.

couldn't find animation for necromancer_gal - demilich upgrades

Revolution Begins - see attached, objectives misleading.

Way of Assassins - add "with Efraim" to objectives.

Lost in Space - Lethalia's explosive slow chill tempest is still not explosive against black army units.

Prison, turn 5 (attached) - Near the entrance, who are those low level peons, and how did they get there? They don't match my auto-recall list. And where is m
y troll and my malefactor? Go back to Amp 4, and the correct units should be recalled. Then return to the prison, where not enough units are recalled. HINT:
It looks like units rescued from the prison can't be auto-recalled when returning to prison? No idea why one time I got other units instead, and one time I got
a short list. [Hmm, now I went back to Amp 4, and my troll is missing again and I got one of the same peon thieves (Aetthary), so not consistent AFAIK - though it always seems like Aetthary shows up ]. And now, just going back and forth between Amp 4 and Prison, not getting him killed, my troll is gone.

Amp 4 - I FINALLY figured out what that undead clue means!

I'm actually starting to really wonder about soulgate/auto-recall. I'm pretty sure it's "recalling" a LOT of units I never had. For example, I'm trying to get Conner and another unit back. I keep going back and forth between Amp 4 and SQ and casting soulgate. Who are all these shamans that keep showing up? I think I had like maybe two in the whole campaign (the only place I know of to get them is shortly after Leth joins you and one or two join you with some other elves). And Idon't think I ever had any Elvish Riders, but I sure do now. [I finally went to SQ, took over a keep, and got them back that way].
What is this?
What is this?
from necromancer?
from necromancer?
Attachments
LotI1-Revolution Begins Turn 6.gz
(537.51 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
LotI1-Prison Turn 5.gz
(945.13 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

The Itemless run is dead :(

I'm stuck at The Castle of the Wicked, I have no arcane resistance and even if I took that for Efraim I would lack the damage output to get through in time.

Please try to do an itemless run, I think its possible to beat this level and all of Chapter 4 in general if you focus around leaders a lot more from the start, I didn't do this because my last run died to Umbra (Who is a painful fight, It took about 20 turns of slowing and backstabbing with an Exterminator)
white_haired_uncle

If you'd be willing to share a save file, I'd like to see how you handled things so far with no items.

I suppose you milk every scenario for every drop of XP you can extract? Or do you call up BZB over and over with no intention of actually killing him for the items, but just slowing him so you can hit him for XP, and then eventually end the scenario so you can call him back again? Do you concentrate XP on E/L, spread it among a handful of core support units, or spread it out thin over a large army? Etc, etc.

I don't know that I'd ever have the self control to play without items, but it'd be fun to think about.
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

Is this how you share a save, I've never done this before

I could probably get a lot further If I tried again, I will probably start another run once my exams are finished
Attachments
LotI1-Chasing Dragons.gz
(174.8 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
Xello99

Post by Xello99 »

Whenever Beelzebub is summoned, Efraim says something along the lines of "I wonder if there's a way to permantly get rid of him". Is there any way to do that? Not that I want to necessarily, just curious if it's possible.
white_haired_uncle

Once he's been activated, the obelisk will keep showing up until you beat him, or possibly get late enough in the game that he doesn't come around anymore. Then just
Spoiler:
and he should only show up again in Invasion.
guakamole

Post by guakamole »

Hi, do you know how can be finished chapter the last crusade? I am endlessly walking through new and new maps to find Yarae but after approx 100 maps it started to be really boring...
Tahnx

Guaka
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

guakamole wrote: June 6th, 2023, 11:03 am Hi, do you know how can be finished chapter the last crusade? I am endlessly walking through new and new maps to find Yarae but after approx 100 maps it started to be really boring...
Tahnx

Guaka
Spoiler:
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Jamien1986

Post by Jamien1986 »

I loved this game years ago, and just downloaded it again for a replay. When i got to chapter 7 and started using redeeming it doesnt work. It counts the redeem and increases the count, but it doesnt save my advancement, so if i pick arctic blast for the first pick, I cant take blizzard it just offers me arctic blast again. I tried a 2nd time using debug to skip to that section just to test it, and it was the same. Any ideas?, or am I doomed to be unsatisfied for the cool ending.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Jamien1986 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 6:36 pm I loved this game years ago, and just downloaded it again for a replay. When i got to chapter 7 and started using redeeming it doesnt work. It counts the redeem and increases the count, but it doesnt save my advancement, so if i pick arctic blast for the first pick, I cant take blizzard it just offers me arctic blast again. I tried a 2nd time using debug to skip to that section just to test it, and it was the same. Any ideas?, or am I doomed to be unsatisfied for the cool ending.
Could you provide a save where you have such a bug?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

I've reached the scenario where
Spoiler:
. I have noticed that they are called in the order in which they are written to the variable valhalla and valhalla2. However, I have a large number of low-level units that were left over at the time, and they are of no use to me. Would it be balanced if Soulgate's ability summoned the units from highest to lowest level? Or is it intentional?
Jamien1986

Post by Jamien1986 »

dwarftough wrote: June 7th, 2023, 8:30 pm
Jamien1986 wrote: June 7th, 2023, 6:36 pm I loved this game years ago, and just downloaded it again for a replay. When i got to chapter 7 and started using redeeming it doesnt work. It counts the redeem and increases the count, but it doesnt save my advancement, so if i pick arctic blast for the first pick, I cant take blizzard it just offers me arctic blast again. I tried a 2nd time using debug to skip to that section just to test it, and it was the same. Any ideas?, or am I doomed to be unsatisfied for the cool ending.
Could you provide a save where you have such a bug?
Yes, here it is.
Attachments
brokenredeem.gz
(349.97 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
white_haired_uncle

When I first get Soulgate, I don't want high level units. I'm already easily powerful enough, I want some lower level units I can gear/level up before the competition gets too strong. If the order was sorted by level, I'd prefer lowest to highest. But then, not everyone plays like I do, so IMO the semi-random nature it seems to have today is probably fair.

But then, I cheat
Spoiler:
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Walking corpses btw should be cleared automatically. LotI has the code to delete all not geared not advanced walking corpses in the end of a scenario