Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

dabber wrote: January 30th, 2022, 6:34 am In my own game, I put in some code to track kill counts and total killed levels, separated by offense/defense and tracked for Efraim, Lethalia, and the army. When playing conservatively with the army, Efraim and Lethalia maybe do twice as much damage on defense. But when I let them play like gods, where they wade into levels worth of enemies and slaughter them all, I've seen 5 times the enemies killed on defense vs offense, both in raw count and in total levels.
The only problem which occurs at times in part 1 which I replay rn is that when something happens with AI it might be too scared to attack Efraim/Lethalia at all
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

Line 1045 of the utils.cfg file mentions an option to choose a legacy and provides descriptions of each of them. Is that implemented anywhere in game or what's the point of it?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

masterpace wrote: January 30th, 2022, 8:00 pm Line 1045 of the utils.cfg file mentions an option to choose a legacy and provides descriptions of each of them. Is that implemented anywhere in game or what's the point of it?
It is. From my experience, Legacies are advancements that appear after your unit hits their maximum level.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 30th, 2022, 8:03 pm
masterpace wrote: January 30th, 2022, 8:00 pm Line 1045 of the utils.cfg file mentions an option to choose a legacy and provides descriptions of each of them. Is that implemented anywhere in game or what's the point of it?
It is. From my experience, Legacies are advancements that appear after your unit hits their maximum level.
I am aware of this, but there's never a choice when it comes to which legacy you get. The choice is what I'm asking about.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

masterpace wrote: January 30th, 2022, 8:57 pm
Lord-Knightmare wrote: January 30th, 2022, 8:03 pm
I am aware of this, but there's never a choice when it comes to which legacy you get. The choice is what I'm asking about.
At least one (Affably Evil) of the other Dugi scenarios based on LotI, but not LotI itself, include the ability to choose your legacy.
Nandrill

Post by Nandrill »

Hi guys. I've reached episode gehenna so far.
Wesnoth Version: 1.16.1
LotI Version: newest, daily built

Allmost all the units have diferent advancement paths, unlike the units i meet in the campagain (AI)
All the units are gearable but for now it seems only the heroes and duke have Legacy.
No other unit has the legacy. What could be the problem?
Attachments
LotI 16.1 Gehenna.JPG
LotI 16.1 Gehenna 3.JPG
LotI 16.1 Gehenna 2.JPG
white_haired_uncle

Nandrill wrote: January 31st, 2022, 1:00 am Hi guys. I've reached episode gehenna so far.

Allmost all the units have diferent advancement paths, unlike the units i meet in the campagain (AI)
All the units are gearable but for now it seems only the heroes and duke have Legacy.
When one of your units (well, most of them, not including many undead) advances past their maximum level, there should be an option "Aware of Legacy Possessed", which will unlock the legacy options.

To test, you could save you game, select a unit, then type

:debug
:unit advances=3

and see if you have legacy options available.

Then type

:nodebug

And load the game you saved.

And you might want to post a save file from the start of the scenario so that others can test.

P.S. Nodebug? Nodebug? Shouldn't that just be bug???
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Nandrill wrote: January 31st, 2022, 1:00 am Hi guys. I've reached episode gehenna so far.

To me it looks like you have the era Reign of the Lords installed and you have enabled it for LotI. Which would certainly mess with the advancement options and with the AMLA.
Attachments
RotL.png
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Legacy choosing is used in Affably Evil and The Beautiful Child campaigns
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Nandrill

Post by Nandrill »

Konrad2 wrote: January 31st, 2022, 2:54 pm

To me it looks like you have the era Reign of the Lords installed and you have enabled it for LotI. Which would certainly mess with the advancement options and with the AMLA.
Yes, I had Reign of the lords advancement checked during the start of campagain, what a pity, i wolud really like to play those units with advancements. So 10 hours of play to trash bin and we start from the beggining ;( .

I have also checked units with a command like white_haired_uncle suggesed. None of those has the legacy.
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

Hello once again!
I have another questions regarding books:
In short: how do they working? Is there an explanation?

I got the book fencer studies (Hieb and Stich in German) with Lethalia and with Efraim.
bookds.png
And as far as I understood, both of them should have now melee damage increased by 1 - but that is not the case. Is it only for some specific weapon damage?
fencer studies.png
Thank you in advance!
white_haired_uncle

Books generally (but not always) work like legacies, in that they don't grant new abilities, but they open up new paths for your AMLA.

For example, taking TFS doesn't give you +1 melee, it gives you the AMLA option "Better at Melee Combat", which will give you +1 melee.

I don't think I've ever given a book to Efraim or Lethalia. They have tons of AMLA options anyway, I'd rather use books on supporting units. Also, remember that every AMLA upgrade raises the amount of XP for the next one, so using a weak book-based upgrade on Efraim/Leth just makes the more useful ones more expensive.
Ilja

Post by Ilja »

Thank you! Are there such good books worth spending 1 AMLA just for be able to learn them?
And, are intelligent units the best units in game since over time they will receive more AMLAS then others?
dabber

Post by dabber »

Intelligent is like +1 AMLA. Strong is +1 melee damage, which is pretty much +1 AMLA.
Intelligent is better because you get to max level faster, but once there it is largely the same as another stat. I do think it is the best stat (except the rare highlander), but only marginally.

Books are usually a bad idea on the characters because their experience penalty per AMLA is lower (8% vs 20% I think).
There is one awesome book for them though - Doctrine of Vindictiveness. Gaining +1 damage each time you get hit is nice, but it becomes awesome when you intend to be attacked many times.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Guys, whom would you give the Blue orb of dragonflame? I think whether it's worth it to grant it to Efraim or not