Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Pocketbacon

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Pocketbacon »

dwarftough wrote: November 18th, 2021, 10:11 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: November 18th, 2021, 4:07 am I was hoping he'd get absorbs(6), which isn't really fair at all, but I'd at least think he'd get the highest (3) from DW
Absorption doesn't stack
Pocketbacon wrote: November 17th, 2021, 1:37 pm
white_haired_uncle wrote: November 18th, 2021, 4:07 am
Great news, guys! The fix of Lethalia's bug in The Library > Lost In Space transition has been merged and should be found in the latest beta for 1.16. To apply play the scenario The Library from the scenario start
Still not fixed tried this and game still broken
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Pocketbacon wrote: November 20th, 2021, 7:08 am
Did you replay it from the scenario's start? Can I look at the save?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Pocketbacon

Post by Pocketbacon »

dwarftough wrote: November 20th, 2021, 7:54 am
Pocketbacon wrote: November 20th, 2021, 7:08 am
Did you replay it from the scenario's start? Can I look at the save?
Yes i did start from both the start of the that level and even went back and tried to start from half way through the one before still didnt work. God I love this game so much and just want to fix it!!
Attachments
LotI1-The Kingslayer-Auto-Save10.gz
(651.64 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
LotI1-The Library.gz
(330.73 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Pocketbacon wrote: November 20th, 2021, 8:36 am
Yes i did start from both the start of the that level and even went back and tried to start from half way through the one before still didnt work. God I love this game so much and just want to fix it!!
I played your (and mine) save file forward with LotI 3.2.6.215.gf7b50f1 using wesnoth-1.16.1 on windows 10. Both worked for me. I've attached the save from yours in case that helps you move forward.

P.S.
Spoiler:
Off topic (prophets do less than average damage):
dontmiss.PNG
Grrr:
LotI1-Lost in Space-Auto-Save1.gz
(658.42 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Attachments
bitch.PNG
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 20th, 2021, 10:11 am .. attachment ..
Me thinking my character (Chapter 3) with 46-12 are powerful :P :mrgreen:
Pocketbacon

Post by Pocketbacon »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 20th, 2021, 10:11 am
Pocketbacon wrote: November 20th, 2021, 8:36 am
I played your (and mine) save file forward with LotI 3.2.6.215.gf7b50f1 using wesnoth-1.16.1 on windows 10. Both worked for me. I've attached the save from yours in case that helps you move forward.

P.S.
Spoiler:
Off topic (prophets do less than average damage):dontmiss.PNG

Grrr: LotI1-Lost in Space-Auto-Save1.gz
omg thank you so much your a legend!!!!! , I didnt even know i had the blue orb ill have to give it to him next time hes available!

Do you suggest me making a powerful prophet and giving it to him, ill roll him until i get highlander and resilience.

Is there any way to turn my dragon rider back into a Duke ? I had no idea he was so good, or is there a way to spawn a duke?
white_haired_uncle

Pocketbacon wrote: November 20th, 2021, 12:13 pm
omg thank you so much your a legend!!!!! , I didnt even know i had the blue orb ill have to give it to him next time hes available!

Do you suggest me making a powerful prophet and giving it to him, ill roll him until i get highlander and resilience.

Is there any way to turn my dragon rider back into a Duke ? I had no idea he was so good, or is there a way to spawn a duke?
I've always given it to Efraim because his furious attack would multiply it x5. But to be honest, I'm not sure if giving it to him, or a prophet, isn't overkill. It's nice to be able to kill a boss quickly, but the rest of the time if you already usually do 2x the damage needed to kill anything that moves how does doing a bunch more help anything? It might make more sense to give it to a unit that does trickery or wrath or something like that.

No way I know of to turn a dragon rider into anything except a lich (Tome of Liches has an AMLA). I've played this game several times, and I still don't know when you can recruit which units, and when units from what part of the story will be on your recall list. What I do know is that it changes, and sometime you have a lot of gold (that you won't get to keep), so I always try to recruit a couple of each type of unit when I can just to get the on the recall list in case I want to advance them later.

In other news...

In the attached, note the prophet that's nearly dead. If you kill the demon next to him, he'll level. Not. He gets only 10 XP, the level of the demon. This same unit also receives no XP when attacked by Demon Souls in Sinful Caves, while other units do.

Have the prophet at 27.28 drop Deadborn to the ground. He loses 1 suck on melee. Now pick it up with the Battlerager. He doesn't suck. Which sucks.

Check out Fenel at 26.28. According to Unit Information, he's aware of his legacy and has not taken any AMLAs from it -- because none (legacy) are presented.
Attachments
LotI2-Empire of Suffering Turn 10.gz
(885.36 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Pocketbacon wrote: November 20th, 2021, 12:13 pm
No. Only debug or manipulations with the savefile.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi! I got to Lost In Space chapter 4 scenario 16 and the game broke. My leader just doesn't spawn and I am instantly defeated.
Attachments
LotI1-Lost in Space.gz
(287.08 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
white_haired_uncle

The_Gnat wrote: November 21st, 2021, 12:33 am Hi! I got to Lost In Space chapter 4 scenario 16 and the game broke. My leader just doesn't spawn and I am instantly defeated.
Go back to the top of this page and read through, the fix just came out.

If, for some reason, you can't get it working, post the first save (not turn 1, the one before) from The Library and I'll try it.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Hi! No worries I already fixed it! But I will have a read through the issue because I am curious what was causing it.

Spoiler:
P.S> any other updates I should know about? Or is it alg continuing with my current version?
white_haired_uncle

The_Gnat wrote: November 21st, 2021, 12:45 am Hi! No worries I already fixed it! But I will have a read through the issue because I am curious what was causing it.
Be careful with that. Last time I ran into this issue I ended The Library with :n, which did get Lost in Space to start, but broke something a scenario or two later. I don't remember the details, but what you posted sounds familiar. I'd upgrade to 1.16.1 and the latest beta, and replay The Library from the start.

EDIT: search.php?keywords=library+space+debug ... sf=msgonly
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Okay sounds good thanks!!!
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

The_Gnat wrote: November 21st, 2021, 12:45 am Hi! No worries I already fixed it! But I will have a read through the issue because I am curious what was causing it.

Spoiler:
P.S> any other updates I should know about? Or is it alg continuing with my current version?
In the latest beta it's fixed in a bit slier way to preserve animation
dabber

Post by dabber »

@imaginary Regarding your tier list, I have to strongly disagree on a few of your rankings.
A unit with no ranged attack doesn't belong in a top tier, at least in part 2, because they have to be protected from enemy attacks. The one exception I would allow is Lunatic Knight, because it always gets Hit-and-Run and thus can attack and then hide behind your other units. Therefore I really disagree with ranking Destroyer, Battlerager and Siege Troll that high, no matter the offensive potential.
I really dislike merge attacks, because of the randomness. I want a certain kill, not a 50% chance.
I like Lunatic Knight, but I found it to be unreliable. I altered its AMLAs to make a little better and still wasn't satisfied.

For me, Celestial Messenger belongs in the highest tier for the very reason you denigrate it - versatility. It has great mobility and is good at everything else. Almost no units are good at everything, and that makes Celestial Messenger top tier.

I consider Exterminator much better than Scythemaster and find it odd you put them in the same tier. Exterminator's unique Chaos weapon special is what makes it great. Yes, it requires crafting a leech weapon, but you allowed that. As long as you can persuade enemies to melee (ranged weapon with slow usually works; again craftable if necessary), Exterminator can clear levels.