Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 30th, 2021, 9:01 pm If you accidentally start in debug mode, you'll get a bunch of errors/warnings in the tutorial on turn 1.

S1: SPECIAL_NOTES has been deprecated.

I'm only as far as S5, but is Efraim supposed to be stuck at duelist with only about 6 total AMLAs available (and then advances do NOTHING)?
Running in debug is kinda good thing, to see all those deprecation warnings to fix.

Special notes are fixed, already uploaded in this night's beta

About Efraim advacements: well, not at all, he's supposed to go fencer > duellist > master at arms and then after the fourth amla turn into shadowwalker. Gonna look at it and fix if it's broken, thank you!

And yeah, a new walkthrough is a good idea, also will be a fresh view of the game
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

HatGuy wrote: October 26th, 2021, 10:57 pm After the 1.14.17 update I am unable to pick up gems or potions.
Could you possible provide a save/replay? Is it the latest version for 1.14?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

dwarftough wrote: October 31st, 2021, 1:25 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: October 30th, 2021, 9:01 pm If you accidentally start in debug mode, you'll get a bunch of errors/warnings in the tutorial on turn 1.

S1: SPECIAL_NOTES has been deprecated.

I'm only as far as S5, but is Efraim supposed to be stuck at duelist with only about 6 total AMLAs available (and then advances do NOTHING)?
Running in debug is kinda good thing, to see all those deprecation warnings to fix.

Special notes are fixed, already uploaded in this night's beta

About Efraim advacements: well, not at all, he's supposed to go fencer > duellist > master at arms and then after the fourth amla turn into shadowwalker. Gonna look at it and fix if it's broken, thank you!

And yeah, a new walkthrough is a good idea, also will be a fresh view of the game
Re: Efraim advancing: There are replays of the first few scenarios starting at viewtopic.php?f=68&t=50270#p645566 in case you need them.

I've attached the log messages seen so far. I ran it through sort -u, but there's still a good bit of redundancy with messages that are very similar.
Attachments
messages.txt
(15.29 KiB) Downloaded 27 times
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: October 31st, 2021, 4:57 pm
I think I have found the problem, I made a pull request with the fix, hope it got merged soon. Variations without variation_id started behaving bad, strange. I wonder if Vritra is broken too, need to see
SirVydz

Post by SirVydz »

Hello, this is my first post, but the times i played and replayed this campaign cannot be counted anymore, i have recently started a second part campaign and i ran into an issue, with lethalia i reached lvl 3 redeem and after that it stopped working (efraim works fine).
i have earlier versions of the game and i tried reloading and seeins where is the issue, and with 1,4 version it works after some tries, so i put the save into 1.6 version and it worked untill i level up and got stuck again.
i think it has something to do with entropy which i got there, cuz in 1,4 version it has 5 attacks, while in 1.6 version has only 4, and the moment i level up it gets back to 4 attacks and my redeem stops working.
hopefully there is a fix, for i intend to replay this campaign yet again.
white_haired_uncle

dwarftough wrote: November 1st, 2021, 2:14 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: October 31st, 2021, 4:57 pm
I think I have found the problem, I made a pull request with the fix, hope it got merged soon. Variations without variation_id started behaving bad, strange. I wonder if Vritra is broken too, need to see
3.2.6.193.ged6c209 looks better, but still a bit off. Here's his first advance:
Capture.PNG
Note how he's levelling up from fencer to duelist, but also getting an AMLA? Maybe I've just never noticed this before?

I did a quick debug test, and he does advance to shadowwalker at least.

Come to think of it, in the tutorial Delly's image changes when she removes the leather armor. Shouldn't it change back when she puts it back on?

EDIT: He's now a master at arms, and yet the potion of steel skin is still in effect? And why does the healing potion "this unit is fully healed" not cure poison?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 8:22 pm Note how he's levelling up from fencer to duelist, but also getting an AMLA? Maybe I've just never noticed this before?
It should be that way, yes. He is kinda tricky unit, he gets an amla and turns into a "next level" together with it. So you get an amla he become duellist, then another with become master at arms and then the last amla and you're shadowalker.

About the potion of steel skin: it should reset if he level up on your turn. If he is leveled on the opp's turn, a known bug doesn't reset the potions (although nobody wants to dig into it atm)
white_haired_uncle

dwarftough wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 9:01 pm
white_haired_uncle wrote: November 2nd, 2021, 8:22 pm Note how he's levelling up from fencer to duelist, but also getting an AMLA? Maybe I've just never noticed this before?
It should be that way, yes. He is kinda tricky unit, he gets an amla and turns into a "next level" together with it. So you get an amla he become duellist, then another with become master at arms and then the last amla and you're shadowalker.

About the potion of steel skin: it should reset if he level up on your turn. If he is leveled on the opp's turn, a known bug doesn't reset the potions (although nobody wants to dig into it atm)
I've attached a test case where you can easily level him up on offense and the potion is not reset.

BTW, I started over and am now at S5. I haven't gotten a loyal recruit yet. I used to get about one per turn/castle. Don't know if this is a bug, a bug fix, or just dumb luck.

EDIT: When Delly
Spoiler:
Attachments
LotI1-Banished-Auto-Save21.gz
(262.1 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
white_haired_uncle

I've seen this before on this scenario. Attack the bat at 16,3 with Efraim's whirlwind attack. Note that he loses the whirlwind attack, his attacks are no longer lightning, he doesn't appear to be holding a sword anymore.

Fortunately if you drop the sword to the ground and pick it up again it resets everything(?).
Attachments
LotI1-Escape from Oblivion-Auto-Save4.gz
(296.82 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 12:48 am I've seen this before on this scenario. Attack the bat at 16,3 with Efraim's whirlwind attack. Note that he loses the whirlwind attack, his attacks are no longer lightning, he doesn't appear to be holding a sword anymore.

Fortunately if you drop the sword to the ground and pick it up again it resets everything(?).
Eveyone who touches this bat loses his/her stats till the next recalc. Very strange
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: November 3rd, 2021, 12:48 am
On potions: I investigated a bit, potions reset only when you get amlas (Efraim amlas before he's a Shadowalker excluded as his unit has a bit different implementation). So the potions of Efraim will reset if you level him on your turn as a Shadowalker. Also other units don't reset their potions until you made it to the max level.

On the bat which resets stats: Looked mysterious but I've found the reason, so everything's fine, can be fixed

On Delenia's and Argan's depatures: yes, they just disappear with all items, Doombringer of Argan in the Battle for Ogira is always there, doesn't depend on you eqiupping/unequipping. Every item will be lost on them if you don't unequip before the depatures

On loyals: It should be still there but the chance is low, 2% afaik
SirVydz

Post by SirVydz »

resolved the issue with redeem, seems like removing and putting same items fixed redeem and stats, not applying correctly when a new attack is added my best guess.
version 1,6 wesnoth
white_haired_uncle

I did not see a single loyal recruit in Chapters 1 and 2.

Ascension: Campaign help menu options do nothing.

The Beginning: I've got an obelisk at 9,17, but I've never gotten the rapid progress message.

I gave Ethiel Tears of the Void. It is magical and guided. Which? (Looks like guided). Both say "always", which is of course impossible.

Efraim has Jester, Ring of Iced Veins, and Searing Ice. His flaming sword attack "incinerate, slows, incinerate" and his freezing sword "incinerate, slows, slows". Aside from the redundant messages, kind of a nice combination (slow/incinerate/penetrates) for bosses. Probably not so good for soul eater and XP, as I keep leaving enemies to die from incinerate and not getting anything for it.

I don't think BZB and incinerate is working correctly with his regeneration. He stays incinerated and heals almost 40. Seems to me he should either cure, or heal 40 and take 16 from incinerate. Is incinerate fire damage perhaps? If so, could someone please update the description?

The LotI items page has Doombringer twice.

3.2.6.193.ged6c209/1.15.15

EDIT: Mining: the enemy leaders (being undead) don't have first names, so they end up being called "who Changes Lanes Without Signalling" or such.

Any recent change to the drop frequency for obsidian? I don't think I've ever had to buy them before and now I can't find any.

In the attached, I can trigger BZB. Seems odd, since I just beat him in the previous scenario. But it might make sense. I triggered him in The Beginning, but couldn't beat him so I just finished the scenario. After that I finished some scenarios WAY under the turn limit (Journey South for >100), and I was wondering if/how those would count with BZB. Again, no rapid progress message.

I don't think I got the "oh look" comments in Entering the Desert when I saw the obelisk. I know I didn't get it in The Pit.

End of All Hopes: claims to have early finish bonus, but doesn't.
Attachments
LotI1-Entering the Desert-Auto-Save14.gz
(465.77 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
white_haired_uncle

Nasty error trying to when I click on 'Select weapons for retaliation'. See attached.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it was An Army is Born. There was an orc grunt with temptation that had no effect on a Lethalia doppelganger. Not sure if this is intentional.
Attachments
LotI1-Dealing with Trolls-Auto-Save1.gz
(628.51 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

dabber wrote: October 26th, 2021, 7:41 pm masterpace, you posted a few months ago about killing the bosses in scenario4_12 "Bloodbath", and I finally got there to try it myself.
I got lucky and randomly found a full "wisdom" set, which made Lethalia's Meteor have two attacks (so almost always get a hit). I had a group of her Doppelgangers firing those as well.
Spoiler:
Well done, that scenario is incredibly fun for sure! I wonder if other similar scenarios exist where it is possible to push limits to their extremes just as this one.

(For reference, I did try to eliminate all enemies in the final scenario just because the walkthrough mentions how there's no way to defeat them, but my only problem was the enemies coming from portals, I managed to kill every boss though).