Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

masterpace

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by masterpace »

In my opinion you should go back to the tutorial and do it the way it is intended, from there onwards do not use any more items.
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

I did, once i remebered the swamplings bug

Also, I found the WORST way to lose a scenario, the allies never attack or move
Attachments
Screenshot (204).png
Siosanzi

Post by Siosanzi »

Is there any chance to get LotI works with Reign of the Lords era? It would be awesome
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Siosanzi wrote: March 18th, 2022, 6:04 pm Is there any chance to get LotI works with Reign of the Lords era? It would be awesome
Short answer: no.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

wdfrodo wrote: March 18th, 2022, 4:58 pm
Also, I found the WORST way to lose a scenario, the allies never attack or move
I've encountered those sort of issues in various campaigns, where my so-called allies do nothing but get in my way. I've never had a problem with this scenario, however. Actually, I usually end up finishing it by around turn 40.
Spoiler:
If you'd care to post a savegame and the LotI version you are playing, I'd love to take a crack at this one.
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

This happened at turn 35 as it happened, Also I'm doing a No item run, I'm currently on the last level of CH.1, Do you have any potential Advice?
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

Ok Ch.1 Is done, No real troubles but I have all of the replays if you want to Verify them
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

wdfrodo wrote: March 19th, 2022, 10:37 pm Ok Ch.1 Is done, No real troubles but I have all of the replays if you want to Verify them
There is a forum thread for posting replays (and commentary, if you want). IMO, the format of this page is a bit dated (you need to click on "Replays for earlier add-on version", even if you're playing the latest), but it's still handy to find the link to any scenario (each of which will link to the subsequent scenario). Not that you couldn't post them here, but personally I'd post them on the replay thread and maybe post a link here.

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Player_UMC_Rep ... nvincibles

There's also a walkthrough that you can contribute to if you've found something insightful that might help someone who is stuck, or just want to add your comments.

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Walkthrough
wdfrodo wrote: March 15th, 2022, 10:05 pm
I think I have an idea for a Plan, Advance A Elvish Gryphon Rider to use it to skip the Longer Levels and 90% of the Inferno, Most Other levels should be doable barring boss fights which I will be using My Duke Plan For
Interesting. I often use items to fast forward through long levels, giving me the chance to earn a lot more items. If I were to try playing without items, I think I'd concentrate on giving E/L as much XP/AMLA as possible (in prep for chapter 4). I have zero idea how I'd deal with the first scenario of chapters 6 and 10, [This paragraph is intentionally rather obscure to avoid spoilers]
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

Thanks for telling me about the replays and I have been contributing to the walkthrough, the WDF is things that I have edited
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Chapter 2
Search for Elves
The 'good' elves can be attacked by my enemies. That was not possible in 1.14 and I don't think it's intended to be possible.

Den of Evil
Some of the undead spawn in walls, one of them on 37,30. That one will never be able to leave.

EDIT
Firecast doesn't seem to work.

Krux and Vritra(?) only get a loyal marker instead of a silver crown.
Attachments
LotI2-Finally Together.gz
loyal marker =/= silver crown
(207.71 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
LotI2-Zhangor's Pass-Auto-Save3.gz
No firecast
(478.7 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
LotI2-Search for Elves replay 20220324-141101.gz
(204.3 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Loti
version="3.2.7b
a typo at "~/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils/chapter9_utils"
line 8009:

Code: Select all

damage_type=imact
instead of impact
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

dwarftough wrote: February 13th, 2022, 8:29 pm Also there is a possibility to make nigh unlimited hp with Foul Potion. If you let enemies attack and advance you, the potion's effect won't be reset (yes, yes, that's an ancient bug)

With it I made stuff like that

unknown-6.png
666? hmmm interesting hhh I played LotI a lotI, my max hp for him was around 300 (with only focusing on his hp instead of any other thing) :whistle: :whistle:
dabber

Post by dabber »

hermestrismi wrote: April 29th, 2022, 7:21 pm a typo at "~/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils/chapter9_utils"
line 8009:

Code: Select all

damage_type=imact
instead of impact
Good catch. Fixed on github.

I have to admit I'm not sure when/why that damage is even occuring.
R831

Post by R831 »

Hi! Look like I've found a bug: from some point, when Efraim learns necromancy, ("Escape from oblivion", for example) when he wear an item, providing "suck" weapon ability (ring of unearthy existence, for example), suck is stopping working if something is changing type of attack (to cold, for example). This is not look like declared game behavior. The same thing was noticed for Lethalia Lich as well!
By editing item_list.cfg, removing "damage_type=cold" for twinking sword, I've managed to keep "suck" working. Thus, I think a bug is in some script that is changing damage type.

Version of game 1.16.2
Version of addon 3.2.7.b

UPD: look like i've just did not noticed behavior earlier! The issue is the same before learning necromancy as well!
R831

Post by R831 »

Also, for playability, maybe you should scale skeletal dragon? It's so inconvinient to play with such a large dragon! I can't see nobody small creatures, like trolls and goblins behind him. I've manually rescaled him and it's now much better!
Attachments
screen.png
skeletal-dragon.png
skeletal-dragon.png (15.39 KiB) Viewed 432 times