Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

dwarftough

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dwarftough »

Zolm wrote: July 1st, 2022, 11:59 pm
dwarftough wrote: June 22nd, 2022, 9:37 pm Okay, so in 1.17 LotI stopped working. Need to investigate what changed with Lua or what else could break it
open lua\utils.lua and change line 10 from this

setmetatable(copy, wesnoth.deepcopy(getmetatable(orig)) )

to this

setmetatable(copy, {wesnoth.deepcopy(getmetatable(orig))} )
Thanks, Zolm, your fix was applied in the latest beta now
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

To have the most fun, I only use those units who must not die nor be destroyed. For safety's sake, I recruited some units but avoided using them. To balance it, I modified the code tinily so that almost every killed enemy drops an item. This method however has three minor downsides: 1. At start, I didn't have any items other than the two swords and the leather armour. I needed to use debug mode to make Efraim advance twice. 2. I'm playing chapter three now and I'm still missing a few rare items. 3. This maybe isn't enough in harder difficulties.

I've partially figured out how to easily get any item. A few scenarios already have merchants that sell a few items and most gems. Someone would make code that is inserted to a scenario .cfg, making a "merchant" appear here (the user of the code types appropriate coordinates to the code). The "merchant" differs from vanilla counterparts: 1. He or she gives items and gems for free. 2. He or she can give any item or gem. 3. After exiting the dialogue the unit who moved next to him or her gets one movement point so you can get lots of stuff in one turn without restoring movement via debug mode.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
dabber

Post by dabber »

You can beat most of LotI with nothing but the named characters. You won't be able to get everywhere, kill everything, and grab every rare item drop, but you can win.
Chapter 1 is really hard without troops.
Chapter 2 has some challenging spots, depending upon AI movement of the super enemies.
The boss in chapter 7 almost requires some minions in order to surround her.
The super boss and friends at the end of chapter 9 are a problem.
Late chapter 10 is hard without troops because of lethargy. The very last scenario at the end of Chapter 10 is obviously impossible.

There is probably some other spots I'm forgetting, but most scenarios can be annihilated by the named characters.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I have read fencer study but all his advencements gives me same bonuses i already chose him 3times and can chose it again with same bonus.
Isn't advancements would be different?
Attachments
20220825_002931.jpg
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Rendy55 wrote: August 24th, 2022, 10:41 pm I have read fencer study but all his advencements gives me same bonuses i already chose him 3times and can chose it again with same bonus.
Isn't advancements would be different?
No, The Fencer's Study gives you this amla 5 times, nothing more than that. It's a pretty simple book
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
dabber

Post by dabber »

You should almost never use a book for one of the main characters. The experience penalty for the main characters is less than normal AMLAs, so those Fencer's Study AMLAs cost you relatively more experience going forward.
The only book I consider on a main character is Doctrine of Vindictiveness because one AMLA for Triggerable is super powerful. Maybe even brokenly powerful.

Fencer's Study is nice because it gives you damage and defense at the same time, instead of via separate AMLAs. On some units, it is extra good because it improves multiple melee attacks with one AMLA, while the normal unit AMLAs improve each attack separately.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

I like the Fencer's study for draining berserkers (although that's more relevant for part 2).
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dabber wrote: August 25th, 2022, 1:18 pm You should almost never use a book for one of the main characters. The experience penalty for the main characters is less than normal AMLAs, so those Fencer's Study AMLAs cost you relatively more experience going forward.
The only book I consider on a main character is Doctrine of Vindictiveness because one AMLA for Triggerable is super powerful. Maybe even brokenly powerful.

Fencer's Study is nice because it gives you damage and defense at the same time, instead of via separate AMLAs. On some units, it is extra good because it improves multiple melee attacks with one AMLA, while the normal unit AMLAs improve each attack separately.
Whats doing Doctrine of Vindictiveness ?
What is best advancing on main characters?
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Does have last crusade at part 9 any end ?
I ended it when enemies killed ethalia.
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Rendy55 wrote: September 6th, 2022, 11:02 pm Does have last crusade at part 9 any end ?
I ended it when enemies killed ethalia.
This mission is endless (their opponent keeps making these labyrinths and can do this forever). Events that follow the
Spoiler:
of either Efraim or Lethalia are their only path to escape.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

So when somoene have that much powerful leaders that are almost unkillable and don't know this will be stuck at thit scenario forever ?
When I first played i have win only becouse 3 demon lords surrounds lethalia and she was not be able to handle them
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Rendy55 wrote: September 7th, 2022, 2:31 pm So when somoene have that much powerful leaders that are almost unkillable and don't know this will be stuck at thit scenario forever ?
When I first played i have win only becouse 3 demon lords surrounds lethalia and she was not be able to handle them
Enemies are constantly getting more powerful. Also one may unequip all items (unlikely leaders be that powerful even without any items).
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dwarftough wrote: September 7th, 2022, 2:49 pm
Rendy55 wrote: September 7th, 2022, 2:31 pm So when somoene have that much powerful leaders that are almost unkillable and don't know this will be stuck at thit scenario forever ?
Enemies are constantly getting more powerful. Also one may unequip all items (unlikely leaders be that powerful even without any items).
My efraim is really powerfull
I have 3 dugis gears on him,wrath,Triggerable,conviction,despair

He can wipe out entite demons pack solo
He even can kill solo abaddon and lilith with their packs and he even will be able solo kill that elvis guy with all his demons.
I trust Ungear him is only way how to beat him.

I have also this guy who can kill any boss in one turn without retalation.
Attachments
The_Battle_for_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_07.09.2022_22_06_53.png
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Whirlwind + berserk is a pretty cool combo, how did you get it?

I do wonder, though, how that unit would fare against an enemy with 100% fire resistance and something like reflect. Does he have good fire penetration?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 8th, 2022, 10:35 pm Whirlwind + berserk is a pretty cool combo, how did you get it?
The book of Lycanthropy. And you always can get one, in the shop in the Gladiatrix scenario