Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

hermestrismi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by hermestrismi »

dabber wrote: April 30th, 2022, 4:29 pm
hermestrismi wrote: April 29th, 2022, 7:21 pm a typo at "~/Legend_of_the_Invincibles/utils/chapter9_utils"
line 8009:

Code: Select all

damage_type=imact
instead of impact
Good catch. Fixed on github.

I have to admit I'm not sure when/why that damage is even occuring.
are you Dugi? (if yes, we miss you)
I am reading the code again, it is magnificent
Anyway, it happens with the blood rain event (and I think the typo occurs multiply time on the same event)
dabber

Post by dabber »

@R831
Suck not working with fire/cold/arcane/lightning is a feature, not a bug. It even says so in the help!

@hermestrismi
I just submitted a pull request. Dugi accepted it, so he's paying some attention, just not spending meaningful time here.
Dugi is probably in a similar boat to me. I have rewrites to several things, like nightmare difficulty and undead AMLAs, partially written. But real life and lack of focus means I haven't finished any.
R831

Post by R831 »

Don't remember this feature earlier... was it present all the time or was recently added?
I have played this campaign a lot time ago and did not noticed this.

Also, another issue, maybe it is a good idea to put suck(n) in F1 ingame help in section "weapon specials"? Because it's not there. And also mention this feature there.

Anyway, thank you for reply!
R831

Post by R831 »

Wait a second, @dabber! Isn't that mean that Townsend Dark Discharge – staff (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items#Tow ... 0.93_staff)
is a JOKE? Because it's having suck(1) and lightning damage, that cancels suck(1).
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

R831 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 1:13 am Wait a second, @dabber! Isn't that mean that Townsend Dark Discharge – staff (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items#Tow ... 0.93_staff)
is a JOKE? Because it's having suck(1) and lightning damage, that cancels suck(1).
Damage increased by 3
Sets damage type to lightning
Sucks 1 health from targets with each hit
New weapon special: charge
Increases all magical damages by 15%

I certainly wouldn't call that a joke.

If suck(1) is really that important to you, you could probably find some other item that changes the damage type to something else. I can't see myself ever doing so, lightning is just too useful.

Not all weapon specials are mutually beneficial, and some can even be detrimental. That's one of the things that makes LotI so much fun, IMO.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

white_haired_uncle wrote: May 4th, 2022, 7:15 pm
R831 wrote: May 4th, 2022, 1:13 am Wait a second, @dabber! Isn't that mean that Townsend Dark Discharge – staff (https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items#Tow ... 0.93_staff)
Damage increased by 3
Sets damage type to lightning
Sucks 1 health from targets with each hit
New weapon special: charge
Increases all magical damages by 15%

I certainly wouldn't call that a joke.

If suck(1) is really that important to you, you could probably find some other item that changes the damage type to something else. I can't see myself ever doing so, lightning is just too useful.

Not all weapon specials are mutually beneficial, and some can even be detrimental. That's one of the things that makes LotI so much fun, IMO.
I agree. And there is a useful drawbacks. For example, if you have another item who change attack_type already, you can store it and take the staff then re-take the first item a second time which cancel the attack_type lightning
Thrash

Post by Thrash »

Bug report: Battle for Wesnoth version 1.16.2, Legend of Invincibles 3.2.7b. Playing the Lethalia thread in Chapter VI. At the end of Frozen Land, if Lethalia only has Chill Tempest selected as a ranged retaliation method when she becomes a Demigod and loses Chill Tempest, she is not able to do any sort of ranged retaliation in Apologies (no ranged methods appear when you select retaliation methods). If she has Gossamer or Faerie Fire also selected as a retaliation method when she becomes a Demigod, then all works as I would expect (both those methods appears as selectable retaliation methods).
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Thrash wrote: May 5th, 2022, 3:17 am Bug report: Battle for Wesnoth version 1.16.2, Legend of Invincibles 3.2.7b. Playing the Lethalia thread in Chapter VI. At the end of Frozen Land, if Lethalia only has Chill Tempest selected as a ranged retaliation method when she becomes a Demigod and loses Chill Tempest, she is not able to do any sort of ranged retaliation in Apologies (no ranged methods appear when you select retaliation methods). If she has Gossamer or Faerie Fire also selected as a retaliation method when she becomes a Demigod, then all works as I would expect (both those methods appears as selectable retaliation methods).
yeah, disable retailiation causes bug in transition. You can even make her whirlwind having retaliation, if you pick the right disable before transition
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Thrash

Post by Thrash »

dwarftough wrote: May 5th, 2022, 11:30 am yeah, disable retailiation causes bug in transition. You can even make her whirlwind having retaliation, if you pick the right disable before transition
Thanks - I see now there is already an issue opened on this on Github: https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... issues/333
R831

Post by R831 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: May 4th, 2022, 7:15 pm I certainly wouldn't call that a joke.
Useless stuff. Have broken it to gain more useful obsidian. At least it looks pretty...

In chapter 4, Castle of wicked, I was expecting to see some Beelzebub stone, to summon and fight him. because in previous game there was a message about rapid progress, but there is none. In next 2 scenarious there is also none. So, is opportunity to meet him wasted?
white_haired_uncle

R831 wrote: May 12th, 2022, 1:25 pm
white_haired_uncle wrote: May 4th, 2022, 7:15 pm I certainly wouldn't call that a joke.
Useless stuff. Have broken it to gain more useful obsidian. At least it looks pretty...
Huge mistake. If you have a saved game, I'd seriously consider going back. Once you figure out the several reasons why, you'll be glad you did.
R831 wrote: May 12th, 2022, 1:25 pm In chapter 4, Castle of wicked, I was expecting to see some Beelzebub stone, to summon and fight him. because in previous game there was a message about rapid progress, but there is none. In next 2 scenarious there is also none. So, is opportunity to meet him wasted?
Assuming you mean a previous scenario, and not a completely different game, then you will have an opportunity to summon him in an upcoming scenario (actually, I'm pretty sure there's a bug in an upcoming scenario where he will ALWAYS be available, even if you haven't earned it).
R831

Post by R831 »

Huge mistake. If you have a saved game, I'd seriously consider going back. Once you figure out the several reasons why, you'll be glad you did.
Disagree. Because I have trained lightning magic very well on both protagonists! I'd rather use some staff to amplify it!
But actually that was a joke. But seriously, this staff may be helpful only against demons with some weak newbie characters. Characters, that I don't actually really need.
Assuming you mean a previous scenario, and not a completely different game
Of course!
you will have an opportunity to summon him in an upcoming scenario
Can you please name it? Because I have not got anything in 3 following scenarios after getting message about beelzebub. Or be more specific...
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

R831 wrote: May 13th, 2022, 4:21 amBecause I have not got anything in 3 following scenarios after getting message about beelzebub. Or be more specific...
1) The fact that you are ready to summon Beelzebub was remembered by the game, so you haven't lost an opportunity to fight him.
2) Being ready to summon him doesn't actually create a stone. Instead, some scenarios have stones pre-placed on their map, and only these scenarios can be used to summon him. Most scenarios don't have a stone, but eventually you'll get to a scenario that does.
white_haired_uncle

R831 wrote: May 13th, 2022, 4:21 am
Can you please name it? Because I have not got anything in 3 following scenarios after getting message about beelzebub. Or be more specific...
Spoiler:
Glxblt76

Post by Glxblt76 »

Hi there. Question:

Is there any version of this mod that can be used as a standalone set of factions to play MP games or games against the computer?

Thanks in advance :)