Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Rendy55

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Rendy55 »

dabber wrote: September 16th, 2022, 9:12 pm I'd totally forgotten that I once "fixed" the last crusade portals, but never submitted it to github. I last touched this file 4 years ago, so I cannot promise that it works, but here is what I wrote then.
Thanks i will check it out.
Btw do you know how hight is chance drop Doctrine of Vindictiveness or tome of liches?i have droped only one in whole campaign
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dabber wrote: September 16th, 2022, 9:12 pm I'd totally forgotten that I once "fixed" the last crusade portals, but never submitted it to github. I last touched this file 4 years ago, so I cannot promise that it works, but here is what I wrote then.
Working but some error message is here.
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_17.09.2022_19_25_50.png
Tarquin

Post by Tarquin »

I'd like to file a bug report.
Recruiting undead has a chance to give them the loyalty icon, but the loyal trait is blocked from spawning on undead.
in global_events.cfg
" [then]
{VARIABLE_OP loyality rand (1..50)}
[if]
[variable]
name=loyality
equals=1
[/variable]
"
if an undead rolls loyality, this is set to 1; then a check is made if the unit is undead (it checks for a must have trait), if they have this trait, dont give them loyal. A bit further

[if]
[variable]
name=loyality
equals=1
[/variable]
[then]
[unit_overlay]
id=$advanced.id
image=misc/loyal-icon.png
[/unit_overlay]
[/then]

They are given the loyalty icon overlay, even if they don't have loyal

I just can read the code, not sure what'd have to be done to fix it; hopefully posting it here will help
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Tarquin wrote: September 19th, 2022, 9:02 pm I'd like to file a bug report.
Recruiting undead has a chance to give them the loyalty icon, but the loyal trait is blocked from spawning on undead.
in global_events.cfg
" [then]
{VARIABLE_OP loyality rand (1..50)}
[if]
[variable]
name=loyality
equals=1
[/variable]
"
if an undead rolls loyality, this is set to 1; then a check is made if the unit is undead (it checks for a must have trait), if they have this trait, dont give them loyal. A bit further

[if]
[variable]
name=loyality
equals=1
[/variable]
[then]
[unit_overlay]
id=$advanced.id
image=misc/loyal-icon.png
[/unit_overlay]
[/then]

They are given the loyalty icon overlay, even if they don't have loyal

I just can read the code, not sure what'd have to be done to fix it; hopefully posting it here will help
I've filed a github issue for your report https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... issues/424 thank's for reporting
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dwarftough wrote: September 7th, 2022, 2:49 pm
Rendy55 wrote: September 7th, 2022, 2:31 pm So when somoene have that much powerful leaders that are almost unkillable and don't know this will be stuck at thit scenario forever ?
When I first played i have win only becouse 3 demon lords surrounds lethalia and she was not be able to handle them
Enemies are constantly getting more powerful. Also one may unequip all items (unlikely leaders be that powerful even without any items).
I have reached some point here enemies have levels 20-30 weakest are imps lvl 14 but not enought to kill my leaders i think i willneverbe dafeated.
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_19.09.2022_13_28_15.png
The_Battle_for_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_20.09.2022_14_59_37.png
The_Battle_for_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_20.09.2022_15_01_12.png
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_18.09.2022_13_21_54.png
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Rendy55 wrote: September 20th, 2022, 1:13 pm
I have reached some point here enemies have levels 20-30 weakest are imps lvl 14 but not enought to kill my leaders i think i willneverbe dafeated.
You can try taking off all the items from your heroes to break out of the loop. Maybe without any equipment they are defeatable? I think they should be well, with 14k hp I dunno
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dwarftough wrote: September 20th, 2022, 3:43 pm
Rendy55 wrote: September 20th, 2022, 1:13 pm
You can try taking off all the items from your heroes to break out of the loop. Maybe without any equipment they are defeatable? I think they should be well, with 14k hp I dunno
I know i already did that and won chapter 10 then i came back try play this for fun and see what will face me .for now my leaders are that much strong that i can send just one to the full enemy squads and just ending turns and meanwhile do some other stuffs .most of times their hp is allways higher then 95%
Even when they are slowed they can do more then 200dmg in defense.
MethaneBlaster

Post by MethaneBlaster »

I would like to report a bug, my Lethalias copies (not doppelgangers, I'm way past that point in campaign!) with 24hp keep spawning in seemingly random places, including the middle of enemy army. Sometimes my "main" Lethalia replaces the copy and teleports to it's location... campaign is unplayable, death of any Lethalia is game over. Anyone?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

MethaneBlaster wrote: September 20th, 2022, 7:08 pm I would like to report a bug, my Lethalias copies (not doppelgangers, I'm way past that point in campaign!) with 24hp keep spawning in seemingly random places, including the middle of enemy army. Sometimes my "main" Lethalia replaces the copy and teleports to it's location... campaign is unplayable, death of any Lethalia is game over. Anyone?
Can you please provide a save where you're obseriving this?
MethaneBlaster

Post by MethaneBlaster »

dwarftough wrote: September 20th, 2022, 7:11 pm
MethaneBlaster wrote: September 20th, 2022, 7:08 pm I would like to report a bug, my Lethalias copies (not doppelgangers, I'm way past that point in campaign!) with 24hp keep spawning in seemingly random places, including the middle of enemy army. Sometimes my "main" Lethalia replaces the copy and teleports to it's location... campaign is unplayable, death of any Lethalia is game over. Anyone?
Can you please provide a save where you're obseriving this?
Yes:
LotI2-The Desert Tura 11.gz
(681.24 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
. Here she spawned and then got teleported right in the middle of enemy army.
LotI2-The Desert-Autozapis1.gz
(5.29 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
. While here she failed to spawn at all at the beginning of the scenario. Note: this save is a .gz, but in reality it's a text file, I unpacked it earlier to look in it and then lost the packed version. I don't know how to properly pack it back, tried with 7z but didn't work.
The following error popped out :
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

MethaneBlaster wrote: September 20th, 2022, 8:20 pm
I see, her clones appear when you successfully redeem with her. Are you playing the latest version from the add-on server?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

MethaneBlaster wrote: September 14th, 2022, 8:11 pm Hi,
I have a problem in this campaign. I am currently at scenario Lotl2-The Desert. I use steam, fully updated version of BoW.
Lethalia's copies started to spawn in scenario Arctic Wastelands and are spawning in random places in each scenario since. Thay have 24hp each and death of each of them results in game over. Sometimes they vanish, sometimes stay for next turns. Each of them have 24hp. I don't know if it is a factor, but they started to spawn when the snowstorm arrived.
In 1st turn of current scenario (The desert) Lethalia failed to spawn at all, and her dialogues at the beginning were not there, Elfraim just talked to himself :)

I got the following message on my screen:
Ah, I see this also, could you provide a save or a replay of the scenario where it all began to appear?
MethaneBlaster

Post by MethaneBlaster »

dwarftough wrote: September 20th, 2022, 8:44 pm
MethaneBlaster wrote: September 20th, 2022, 8:20 pm
I see, her clones appear when you successfully redeem with her. Are you playing the latest version from the add-on server?
Actually didn't notice that redeem has to do with it till now. Good point.
I downloaded LotI part I and II 31.07.2022. In file "_info.cfg it says it's version 3.2.7b. It's the same as in default wesnoth add ons repo. I updated everything and it appears to be the latest version.
dwarftough wrote: September 20th, 2022, 8:52 pm
MethaneBlaster wrote: September 14th, 2022, 8:11 pm Hi,
I have a problem in this campaign. I am currently at scenario Lotl2-The Desert. I use steam, fully updated version of BoW.
Lethalia's copies started to spawn in scenario Arctic Wastelands and are spawning in random places in each scenario since. Thay have 24hp each and death of each of them results in game over. Sometimes they vanish, sometimes stay for next turns. Each of them have 24hp. I don't know if it is a factor, but they started to spawn when the snowstorm arrived.
In 1st turn of current scenario (The desert) Lethalia failed to spawn at all, and her dialogues at the beginning were not there, Elfraim just talked to himself :)

I got the following message on my screen:
Ah, I see this also, could you provide a save or a replay of the scenario where it all began to appear?
Yes, here you go:
LotI2-Arctic Wastelands powtórka 20220920-231030.gz
(421.28 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
I warn you though, I am a total savescummer in this playthrough :P

It started when I began to build igloos and forts. Lethalia stood in exact place where she stands in the end. Maybe it's because I built igloo within a fort?.. She had 24 hp then, and now all clones also have 24hp.
dabber

Post by dabber »

How do you get Drain on Lightning spell? I've never noticed that possiblity.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dabber wrote: September 20th, 2022, 11:11 pm How do you get Drain on Lightning spell? I've never noticed that possiblity.
Bloodsucker potion