Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

dabber

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by dabber »

You can totally get Efraim and Lethalia capable to solo entire levels, including Demon Lords. I haven't yet tried to have one of them solo Uria and friends at the end of chapter 9, but I'll get there.
I think with Demon Lords it comes down to what traits they get. I find Opportunist (parry in melee) to be the most dangerous trait, because if the Demon Lord attacks you, those parry bonus hits come in at base damage, ignoring all the de-buffs you've probably put on. With multiple Demon Lords and trying to solo, some of them will get to attack. This isn't an issue against one Demon Lord, because we move faster and should always attack first.

In general, this is why I've been working on adding Nightmare difficulty. With what I've written so far, among other things, the main characters face about triple damage compared to Hard. It mattered a lot - I was unable to run them solo in chapter 7. Hopefully I'll actually finish at some point and talk to Dugi about submitting it.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

white_haired_uncle wrote: September 8th, 2022, 10:35 pm Whirlwind + berserk is a pretty cool combo, how did you get it?

I do wonder, though, how that unit would fare against an enemy with 100% fire resistance and something like reflect. Does he have good fire penetration?
If enemy unit unit has 100% fire resistance then his damage is 1 but i have not yet encountered unit with 100% fire resistance if that unit exist his damage can be fixed by conviction or that fire penetration if enemy has reflect then his healthcan drop to 1 but never kills.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dabber wrote: September 9th, 2022, 2:28 am You can totally get Efraim and Lethalia capable to solo entire levels, including Demon Lords. I haven't yet tried to have one of them solo Uria and friends at the end of chapter 9, but I'll get there.
I think with Demon Lords it comes down to what traits they get. I find Opportunist (parry in melee) to be the most dangerous trait, because if the Demon Lord attacks you, those parry bonus hits come in at base damage, ignoring all the de-buffs you've probably put on. With multiple Demon Lords and trying to solo, some of them will get to attack. This isn't an issue against one Demon Lord, because we move faster and should always attack first.

In general, this is why I've been working on adding Nightmare difficulty. With what I've written so far, among other things, the main characters face about triple damage compared to Hard. It mattered a lot - I was unable to run them solo in chapter 7. Hopefully I'll actually finish at some point and talk to Dugi about submitting it.
What you mean by friends?
Do you played scenario black souls in chapter 10?
There you must figt your way throught tunnel which is blocked by black souls with less turn limit 21 .
I have advance as fars as i can killed 60 enemies and
at turn 21 i have been few steps before end unable make another move with all my troops and i hav must use potion for move recharge to reach end.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Is there some way how to speed up reedems ?my leader needs 88 reddems in order to unlock new advancement when advancement what i want is locked 2 times becouse he need firs unlock blizzard.
That is 244 turns if he reedem all 3 turn with 100% chance and another 300 turns for next advancement.
Which is nost possible becouse all enemies have hight levels and only what he can reedem are imps.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Rendy55 wrote: September 12th, 2022, 10:38 pm Is there some way how to speed up reedems ?my leader needs 88 reddems in order to unlock new advancement when advancement what i want is locked 2 times becouse he need firs unlock blizzard.
That is 244 turns if he reedem all 3 turn with 100% chance and another 300 turns for next advancement.
Which is nost possible becouse all enemies have hight levels and only what he can reedem are imps.
Yes, sort of:
Spoiler:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I am at last crusade chapter lowest enemy here is imp lvl 7 when efraim have reedem 7
And lethalia redeem 5.
white_haired_uncle

Sounds like you didn't use redeem anywhere near as often as you should have, and now it's too late. Starting at the end of chapter six, you should be using redeem on every low level enemy you can (when it's safe to do so).
Spoiler:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

I don't much used it.they also often miss .
I liked krux reedem he was redeming during attack and can reedem even levl 10 unit
But how exactly his reedem works? i never get new skill on him
white_haired_uncle

Rendy55 wrote: September 13th, 2022, 3:30 pm I don't much used it.they also often miss .
I liked krux reedem he was redeming during attack and can reedem even levl 10 unit
But how exactly his reedem works? i never get new skill on him
Redeem has two parts. The attack, which I think starts at 70% and advances to 90%. If the attack is successful, there's another check to see if the unit is captured, based on redeem level and enemy level (click on Efraim, then mouse over redeem(7) for details -- maybe compare to Lethalia's redeem(5)). If you're missing a lot, especially early on, I'll bet you're trying to redeem units whose level is too high.

Krux's lesser redeem advances are supposed to show up in Unit Information. I don't know if they are labelled as coming from lesser redeem. Either way, you're getting advances, you just aren't told what they are.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Reedem 7 have 50% chance redem 7lvl unit
Reedem 5 only 10% chance redeem 7lv unit
MethaneBlaster

Post by MethaneBlaster »

Hi,
I have a problem in this campaign. I am currently at scenario Lotl2-The Desert. I use steam, fully updated version of BoW.
Lethalia's copies started to spawn in scenario Arctic Wastelands and are spawning in random places in each scenario since. Thay have 24hp each and death of each of them results in game over. Sometimes they vanish, sometimes stay for next turns. Each of them have 24hp. I don't know if it is a factor, but they started to spawn when the snowstorm arrived.
In 1st turn of current scenario (The desert) Lethalia failed to spawn at all, and her dialogues at the beginning were not there, Elfraim just talked to himself :)

I got the following message on my screen:
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Can be blood rain maded globally like healing at begining of turn ?
Its is so annoying seeing every turn for 2 minutes like it hiting my band and hearing my guys screaming.

Also i Cannot unrecall my soldiers or replace them by others only way how to do that seems let them all sacrifice.what is something what you don't want to do.
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_15.09.2022_2_42_18.png
ZIM

Post by ZIM »

Rendy55 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:00 am Can be blood rain maded globally like healing at begining of turn ?
Its is so annoying seeing every turn for 2 minutes like it hiting my band and hearing my guys screaming.

Also i Cannot unrecall my soldiers or replace them by others only way how to do that seems let them all sacrifice.what is something what you don't want to do.
Open chapter9_utils.cfg in LoTI add-ons folder, go to line 7957 and replace animate=yes with animate=no, that should stop the hurt animation of your units. Also, you can replace your soldiers, you just need to go to the add units menu and remove them from there and add another.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

ZIM wrote: September 15th, 2022, 11:37 am
Rendy55 wrote: September 15th, 2022, 1:00 am Can be blood rain maded globally like healing at begining of turn ?

Open chapter9_utils.cfg in LoTI add-ons folder, go to line 7957 and replace animate=yes with animate=no, that should stop the hurt animation of your units. Also, you can replace your soldiers, you just need to go to the add units menu and remove them from there and add another.
Thank you it helped with blood rain.
Do you know how modify portals?they are in last crusade but they don't spawning enything.
dabber

Post by dabber »

I'd totally forgotten that I once "fixed" the last crusade portals, but never submitted it to github. I last touched this file 4 years ago, so I cannot promise that it works, but here is what I wrote then.
Attachments
50_The_Last_Crusade.cfg
dabber's Last Crusade
(36.28 KiB) Downloaded 31 times