Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

white_haired_uncle

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by white_haired_uncle »

LotI on 1.17.4 will not start.

If you choose to skip the tutorial (yeah!), you get an error about loti.item.type[605].

If you choose to play the tutorial, you get a lua error.

Either way, you enter the tutorial and are expected to pick up the sword, which doesn't exist.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Glxblt76 wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:48 pm Hi there. Question:

Is there any version of this mod that can be used as a standalone set of factions to play MP games or games against the computer?

Thanks in advance :)
Look for my "LotI Advancements" to get advancements for units as in LotI.
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 18th, 2022, 11:02 pm LotI on 1.17.4 will not start.

If you choose to skip the tutorial (yeah!), you get an error about loti.item.type[605].
Is it starting on Beta LotI in 1.16.*? (If you have 1.16 by any chance)

UPD: checked myself, in 1.16 skipping doesn't work, playing works
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Glxblt76

Post by Glxblt76 »

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded it. Next question: does it combine with Extended Armies Era or just with Default Era? Extended Armies Era contains lots of units that are also in Default. Are they affected if I check the LotI advancements box?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Glxblt76 wrote: June 19th, 2022, 4:24 pm Thanks for the reply. I downloaded it. Next question: does it combine with Extended Armies Era or just with Default Era? Extended Armies Era contains lots of units that are also in Default. Are they affected if I check the LotI advancements box?
You may try and check. My mod alters the advancements of the default era units when enabled. So if Extended Armies use default units, they should have advancements (unless extended armies does something weird about advancements).
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Glxblt76

Post by Glxblt76 »

dwarftough wrote: June 19th, 2022, 4:49 pm
Glxblt76 wrote: June 19th, 2022, 4:24 pm Thanks for the reply. I downloaded it. Next question: does it combine with Extended Armies Era or just with Default Era? Extended Armies Era contains lots of units that are also in Default. Are they affected if I check the LotI advancements box?
You may try and check. My mod alters the advancements of the default era units when enabled. So if Extended Armies use default units, they should have advancements (unless extended armies does something weird about advancements).
Do you have an idea to check quickly without having to play through a game?
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I recently noticed that the ability "struggling", I think, is kind of unique, right? Did it originate from this mod?

For those unaware: I believe struggling makes the target unit's resistance lower, upon a hit. This is useful to wear down an enemy.

I used it to kill Belzeebub eventually.
white_haired_uncle

Glxblt76 wrote: June 19th, 2022, 5:33 pm
dwarftough wrote: June 19th, 2022, 4:49 pm
Do you have an idea to check quickly without having to play through a game?
save game
:debug
Right click and create unit
Click on unit to test
:unit advances=10
Repeat as desired
:nodebug
load game
white_haired_uncle

shevegen wrote: June 19th, 2022, 7:06 pm I recently noticed that the ability "struggling", I think, is kind of unique, right? Did it originate from this mod?

For those unaware: I believe struggling makes the target unit's resistance lower, upon a hit. This is useful to wear down an enemy.

I used it to kill Belzeebub eventually.
I don't remember ever seeing a unit listed as "struggling", though it's possible. There is a "struggle" weapon special, which can be found by following the links here:

https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Items
Cam1107

Post by Cam1107 »

Hello guys, been awhile since I have played.

In the past, I used to be able to grind beezlebub whenever he spawned, I could kill, respawn, repeat. Was this patched eventually? Now when I kill beezlebub I can't trigger him to spawn again
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Cam1107 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:49 pm Hello guys, been awhile since I have played.

In the past, I used to be able to grind beezlebub whenever he spawned, I could kill, respawn, repeat. Was this patched eventually? Now when I kill beezlebub I can't trigger him to spawn again
last time i checked, he appear when you collect 500 saved turns (if turn limit of a scenario is 30 and you finished it on 20, then you got 10 saved turns)
Cam1107

Post by Cam1107 »

hermestrismi wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:51 pm
Cam1107 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:49 pm Hello guys, been awhile since I have played.

last time i checked, he appear when you collect 500 saved turns (if turn limit of a scenario is 30 and you finished it on 20, then you got 10 saved turns)
Oh no I understand how to spawn him, that is not what I mean. In the past when I reached the requirements, I would be able to kill him and instantly resummon him. I would always wait until I has a scenario with alot of turns to actually spawn him, I would speed run the scenario but not complete the final objective, then spend the entire scenario grinding beezlebub over and over until the final turn. It was an excellent source of farming xp, materials, and rare drops.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Cam1107 wrote: June 21st, 2022, 12:53 am
hermestrismi wrote: June 20th, 2022, 9:51 pm

Oh no I understand how to spawn him, that is not what I mean. In the past when I reached the requirements, I would be able to kill him and instantly resummon him. I would always wait until I has a scenario with alot of turns to actually spawn him, I would speed run the scenario but not complete the final objective, then spend the entire scenario grinding beezlebub over and over until the final turn. It was an excellent source of farming xp, materials, and rare drops.
ok. now this is strange because I never played a version with such behaviour. Maybe you got lucky with a bugged version :eng:
dabber

Post by dabber »

In the past, there have been bugs where Beezlebub could be summoned repeatedly. I think they've all been fixed now.
The metric to summon him is actually 500% of scenario turns. If you finish a 30 turn scenario in 20 turns, you get 33%. If you finish a 200 turn scenario in 150 turns, you get 25% Beezlebub credit. Finishing short scenarios 1 turn earlier and leaving the last 20 enemies alive probably pays off with more Beezlebub, but in a really long scenario, killing those enemies has more benefit than getting Beezlebub a tiny amount sooner.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

dabber wrote: June 21st, 2022, 11:31 am In the past, there have been bugs where Beezlebub could be summoned repeatedly. I think they've all been fixed now.
The metric to summon him is actually 500% of scenario turns. If you finish a 30 turn scenario in 20 turns, you get 33%. If you finish a 200 turn scenario in 150 turns, you get 25% Beezlebub credit. Finishing short scenarios 1 turn earlier and leaving the last 20 enemies alive probably pays off with more Beezlebub, but in a really long scenario, killing those enemies has more benefit than getting Beezlebub a tiny amount sooner.
So, I need to update my version and play again . by % instead of numbers pretty different tactic
white_haired_uncle

dwarftough wrote: June 19th, 2022, 8:26 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: June 18th, 2022, 11:02 pm LotI on 1.17.4 will not start.

Is it starting on Beta LotI in 1.16.*? (If you have 1.16 by any chance)

UPD: checked myself, in 1.16 skipping doesn't work, playing works
I tried playing the tutorial in 1.16, then loading the next scenario in 1.17. It gets the same error (bad argument to setmetatable) any time you try to pick up an item (NOT gold or gem) that it did trying to play the tutorial in 1.17.

Seems to me someone recently mentioned trying to play with no items, but that's not for me.