Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

JALdMIC

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by JALdMIC »

I don't speak English
In the second part of the adventure when you find the ice dragon before the Lethalia other version is possible to redeem the dragon soul or the game if programmed so you not or i just have to improve the ability?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

JALdMIC wrote: May 5th, 2023, 1:30 pm I don't speak English
In the second part of the adventure when you find the ice dragon before the Lethalia other version is possible to redeem the dragon soul or the game if programmed so you not or i just have to improve the ability?
As far as I know, now you can't redeem that ice dragon. You can't redeem some other major bosses as well
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

What is the expected behavior of a arch necromancer with "necromancy" ability who dies infected with the special infection of another arch necromancer that transforms into walking corpse?
Turn into an walking corpse for the side that infected him, or turn into a lich for his own side?
Based on the response, I may have to submit a fix, as the current behavior is the first case, he dies and become undead from the side that infected him.
dabber

Post by dabber »

Toranks wrote: May 8th, 2023, 8:03 pmWhat is the expected behavior of a arch necromancer with "necromancy" ability who dies infected with the special infection of another arch necromancer that transforms into walking corpse?
I have to say he should be a lich. As a general principle, I think the higher level outcome should win out.

But dang, you found a crazy edge case. How did this situation ever come up?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Toranks wrote: May 8th, 2023, 8:03 pm What is the expected behavior of a arch necromancer with "necromancy" ability who dies infected with the special infection of another arch necromancer that transforms into walking corpse?
Turn into an walking corpse for the side that infected him, or turn into a lich for his own side?
Based on the response, I may have to submit a fix, as the current behavior is the first case, he dies and become undead from the side that infected him.
I suggest asking Dugy on the Github repo of LotI.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

dabber wrote: May 9th, 2023, 6:26 am I have to say he should be a lich. As a general principle, I think the higher level outcome should win out.

But dang, you found a crazy edge case. How did this situation ever come up?
I have noticed that the transformation to walking corpse only happens during turn_refresh, due to the poison of the infection. If the necromancer is killed by another unit, it correctly transforms into a lich. Therefore, I consider it a bug and have submitted a fix so that it becomes a liche in both cases.
https://github.com/Dugy/Legend_of_the_I ... s/pull/474

It happened to me doing tests, I forced the situation expressly.
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

I have recently started a 2nd attempt at an Item less Playthrough, Just finished Chapter 2 (The one with Umbra) and wondered if anyone else would like to try the challenge and if so would like some advice.
Xello99

Post by Xello99 »

I feel like this is a stupid question but why do the enemies so much damage? I have just restarted the campaign (actually trying to complete it this time), and I'm having trouble in the very first scenario xD. The Orc grunts do 16-2 damage as a base instead of 9-2. Is that intended? I've checked other campaigns to make sure it's not one of my other mods, and it only happens in this campaign. I play on Captain (medium) difficulty.

Edit: I updated the mod and restarted the campagin, and now it's back to normal. Not sure what was the problem though
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Xello99 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 6:22 pm I feel like this is a stupid question but why do the enemies so much damage? I have just restarted the campaign (actually trying to complete it this time), and I'm having trouble in the very first scenario xD. The Orc grunts do 16-2 damage as a base instead of 9-2. Is that intended? I've checked other campaigns to make sure it's not one of my other mods, and it only happens in this campaign. I play on Captain (medium) difficulty.

Edit: I updated the mod and restarted the campagin, and now it's back to normal. Not sure what was the problem though
There are sometimes buffed enemies, which you can recognize by them being colored. Maybe it was one of those?
Xello99

Post by Xello99 »

Konrad2 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 7:47 pm
Xello99 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 6:22 pm I feel like this is a stupid question but why do the enemies so much damage? I have just restarted the campaign (actually trying to complete it this time), and I'm having trouble in the very first scenario xD. The Orc grunts do 16-2 damage as a base instead of 9-2. Is that intended? I've checked other campaigns to make sure it's not one of my other mods, and it only happens in this campaign. I play on Captain (medium) difficulty.

There are sometimes buffed enemies, which you can recognize by them being colored. Maybe it was one of those?
The grunt was just an example, every single unit was doing significantly more damage. And I don't think they had a different color either...
wdfrodo

Post by wdfrodo »

Xello99 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Konrad2 wrote: May 13th, 2023, 7:47 pm

The grunt was just an example, every single unit was doing significantly more damage. And I don't think they had a different color either...
Could you send a screenshot of the game?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Or better a save
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Xello99

Post by Xello99 »

dwarftough wrote: May 14th, 2023, 10:22 am Or better a save
I'm sorry, but me restarting the campaign seems to have overwritten any saves I had. And I haven't made any screenshots either.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I'm wondering how potions work
Spoiler:
I took the Potion of Authority at the beginning of An Army is Born, giving Lethalia the leadership of a level 6 unit. It worked wonderfully (and, as I had hoped, it doesn't wear off when advancing!).

I gave the Potion of Speed and Stolen Potion to Efraim during Way of Assassins, and it didn't do anything besides bump Efraim's stats (actually, I didn't think of it until the beginning of Kingslayer, so I went back to the last turn of WoA and took them, hoping the side effect would work in Kingslayer).

At least I don't think the second case worked. I'm play on 1.17, and it looks like it's still broken showing on the first page of menus, so I can't see much in Unit Information, and if I mouse over abilities in the main screen I can't see them all (may have to look into rotating the screen to portrait).
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on May 15th, 2023, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

You probably know this, but if you mouse over the damage (e.g. 16x2) in the main gui, you can see modifications, like time of day, leadership, and specials. I'm wondering if part of the reason starting over seemed to fix things is because it changed the time of day (for one thing). You said "as a base", so you probably already know this.

BTW, there's a trick (okay, two or three, but one that really matters) to the first scenario. If you don't know it, that scenario can be pretty darn hard. If you know it, it doesn't really matter if the enemies do a lot of damage or not. If you get stuck, https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Walkthrou ... -Chapter01. The built in clues for this scenario are out of date.