Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

lhybrideur

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by lhybrideur »

That would be the CHANGELOG file in the folder, or the commits on the GitHub
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Tampakiter wrote: January 25th, 2023, 8:17 pm 1. I just encountered Beezlebub for the first time. I was unable to poison him to stop his regen. Is this new by design? I tried weapons with poison as well as Lethalia's gossamer Slow / Poison. Is there something preventing him from being poisoned now?

2. Just confirming if the Cactus Fruit is still in the game. That was always one of my most prized loot items.
1. Not sure if intended in the very first encounter, but Beelzebub is unpoisonable and undrainable, yeah (non_living status, like undead or mechanical units)

2. Yes. I will note though that it drops only in the second part (chapter VI-X). In the first part of the campaign (first five chapters) most powerful items are excluded from the drop pool.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

What about incinerate as an alternative?

I don't think I've ever really understood the rules for incinerate. I think it's not cured by regenerate or healers (and the AI doesn't know to go to a village). I don't remember if it simply cancels out regeneration/healing on normal units like poison would, or if both are applied (and if so, in which order, important as incinerate can kill). Whatever the rules are, I think, at least at some point, they were different for BZB.

And I know it's supposed to give XP to the unit that used it if it makes a kill, but at one point this wasn't working.
Tampakiter

Post by Tampakiter »

Thank you for the reply. It's interesting that Beezlebub cannot be poisoned anymore as that was the only way to stop his 40 point regen every turn. Now it's just a matter of doing more damage every turn then he can regenerate. I can see that becoming very difficult as he gets harder and has more swarms. Trying to stay focused on him to bring his HP down but still controlling the swarms.

Bummer about the cactus fruit. I usually had it by chapter 2 in the past and it was definitely a big help. Hard to beat Lilith followers that can do large amounts of damage when you can only heal 8 pts per round. I get 16 from Lethalia so I'll just have to make that work I guess.

Always interesting to try new things!!
white_haired_uncle

I actually think BZB gets a LOT easier later in the game (or, more accurately, you get a lot more powerful relative to him). Once you know the right tricks and have the right tools you can take him out in a turn or two pretty easily. Or...
Spoiler:
There are some units that can heal a lot more than 8, I'm not sure at what point they become available (EDIT: Looks like before the end of chapter one should be doable without too much effort)..
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

Being someone who has always hated the Arctic Wastelands scenario, I decided to do it differently this time. Normally I hide all my units with darkens and lesser nightstalk and send Efraim to end the scenario. I did pretty much the same thing, but this time I summoned Beelzebub and stood away.
He murdered every single group of enemies I summoned on the way, dropping a lot of items and precious gems. Meanwhile I set up a village right next to the exit so I can teleport a duelist wizard there and win.
Anyways to go claim those items I had to distract Beelzebub and make him summon his flies far away. To do this, I simple made him a camp south from where he was (he's a leader so he will always try to reach a keep) and when the area was empty I sent Efraim to collect everything and left with the duelist wizard.
white_haired_uncle

Some issues from a recent (late Jan) beta on 1.17.12:

wml_menu:help in right click where "Items" should be, starting S1

S3: Automatically picked up pearl at end, but it's not in inventory.

When picking up a gem, window that shows what it is usually pops up and closes immeditately w/o another click. Try the sorceress 15.8 in Ruins save.
LotI1-Ruins of Lost Empires Turn 23.gz
(350.51 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
Visions of Cruelty, no weapon bonus. Ruins save, fencer 37.20

Anger (Gv... mace) doesn't seem to do anything. See heavy in Ruins save.
EDIT: Does work for my seige troll in ch5 with Fighting Bull

A lot of stuff is missing from Unit Information. Basically, it looks like everything after "page one" is just blank. There is also some other weirdness with the GUI, like showing background when you click on item types (sword, armor, etc).

Lightning attacks may need icon (see image). This is 1.17.2.
lightning.PNG
lightning.PNG (102.15 KiB) Viewed 1485 times
A LOT less drops than I'm used to. Especially Shadow Empire, Battle for Ogira, and Darkness Closing In (so far) usually have tons.

Lost: "There are some goblins" - unfortunately not, just an empty castle with an item on the keep.

If I click on my mage, and then Mage, I get unit unknown. Hit d, and I get a description.

Trolls: Efraim was wearing a steel helmet at first, then I crafted strength helmet before the second dopp was created. Looking at the two dopps, I see no difference in melee damage, however the first one (outside the cave) is showing 5 furious attacks, while the second one shows 7. In Unit Information they both say 7 attacks. ???

After the attached Trolls turn 8, Invasion takes a LONG time to start. Long enough I thought it was hung.
LotI1-Dealing with Trolls.gz
(286.96 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
LotI1-Dealing with Trolls-Auto-Save8.gz
(610.42 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
When choosing AMLA, "doing more damage with furious" does not show a damage increase for fury. kingslayer turn 8
LotI1-The Kingslayer-Auto-Save8.gz
(613.26 KiB) Downloaded 25 times
Also in Kingslayer, I can't "Select weapons for retaliation" on my dopps. Which might be a very bad thing, because it looks like when I was loading saves at the end of Trolls to see if I could reproduce an issue, I forgot to turn retaliation back on Efraim.
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on February 6th, 2023, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

I heard recent 1.17.*s were very buggy from the Wesnoth prospective. Some bugs among them in GUI. I wonder if that affected LotI so badly. I don't think the latest beta is that broken on 1.16
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

white_haired_uncle wrote: February 5th, 2023, 2:38 am wml_menu:help in right click where "Items" should be, starting S1
That one is a bug in Wesnoth: #7183
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

Is possible use lpti advancements in others campaigns?
white_haired_uncle

dwarftough wrote: February 2nd, 2022, 9:03 pm Guys, whom would you give the Blue orb of dragonflame? I think whether it's worth it to grant it to Efraim or not
I used to give it to Efraim, since the extra attacks would be multiplied by furious. Then I decided that was a waste, as I rarely needed all the furious attacks to begin with. It also forces his melee damage to fire, which is sometimes not what I want. I'd say that orb is actually probably does more harm that good for Ef.

This time, I gave it to Lethalia. She's weak on melee, and the orb doubles her attacks (including staff which drains). I still don't use her for melee attacks, but it really seems to make a difference when she is defending. Now enemy attackers pretty much just bounce off, and she gets lots of defensive kills without taking much if any damage.
Bafy78

Post by Bafy78 »

Atanase wrote: July 16th, 2019, 9:12 am Hello

Some news from the french translation front:

The first part (chapters 1 to 5) is finished. Re-read by another player would be usable.

Regarding the time needed to complete the work, my first estimates were based on playable scenarii in 1 to 2 hours. Currently some of them need 10 to 12 hours, so the forecasts were obviously optimistic. ;)

I encounter some small problems with the 3 'domains' used. I retrieved all the texts in the .pot, but I can not make them coexist in the game. Some texts from the domain wesnoth-units do not appear, even though they have been translated.

If another french-speaker player is interested by this translation, I would be happy to work with him. Just send me a message.

Have a good day.
Any news on this? I am planning on translating the campaign in French, so did you continue it? Or at least could you give me the files?
Does anyone know if someone else is already working on it? Or did I miss something and it's already available somewhere?
Shiki
Developer

Post by Shiki »

Interesting, I didn't know there was a Colosseum variant.
dwarftough wrote: November 11th, 2022, 2:50 am
Rendy55 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 5:20 pm There is some problem in colosseum scenario.
Either you don't have Colosseum addon installed (LotI Colosseum demanded usual Colosseum installed to work properly), or Colosseum has changed... Although it's 1.14 version, I doubt there are many addons updated here... I haven't recently looked at my 1.14 addons, if I don't forget I'll try to check it
The folder name is now maps. When porting to 1.16, the add-on also changed from Colosseum3p to Colosseum. I can revert the change on 1.14, but if you rename it would allow me to keep using the same WML code for 1.14 and 1.16.
dwarftough wrote: January 6th, 2023, 10:25 pm Yeah, in Colosseum it can break it for some reason, creating this kind of an infinite loop, not sure why at the moment
Sound a bit like #5298. Colosseum has a post advance event which triggers on unit <= lvl 2 when the reach their max level. It does add new advancement options … that same event also triggers if such a unit is placed.
The video has a lvl 4 unit, so it should not be the issue here, but it sounds like it might be related.
Try out the dark board theme.
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

I think I found a small bug. On the map where units take ice damage from the snowstorm,
the units just seem to die (when low hp) without getting "announced" that they died,
e. g. not showing up in the statistics.

I first noticed this when suddenly my celestial messenger was gone. Then, I just noticed
it now when a dryad who had low health, was gone on the next turn, but did not register
in the statistics of dead units. At first it totally confused me since the unit was just gone;
now I think I know how that happens. Perhaps an additional message should be shown
when a unit dies on the start of the turn due to ice damage from the snowstorm?

By the way, in the statistics, perhaps we can add a new widget with extended information
such as on which turn the unit died. E. g. some pop-up widget or something.
shevegen

Re: Legend of the Invincibles: Part II, Chapter VIII, S1 - Mysterious Invasion

Post by shevegen »

I am playing it right now on max difficulty. 18 turns available to kill all invaders; new
groups spawn.

I can take them out, but not if they keep on spawning; and 18 turns is not enough.

What annoys me by far the most is that there is no real preparation for this. All my
old units are unavailable and I have to deal with new units (heroes) that have not
yet been maxed. Also I did not prepare for this scenario; I could craft useful items,
but I was kind of depleted as I did not anticipate the scenario.

IMO something should be changed. Either don't spawn new invaders; or add
more turns; or give a few initial fodder units that help. Right now this is a very
frustrating scenario.
Last edited by Konrad2 on February 26th, 2023, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved post to appropriate topic.