Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Bafy78

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Bafy78 »

I updated the translation_instruction.rtf file that is on the first post of the topic. I don't know if it is the correct method, but that's how I made it work (after a full day of trying to understand the outdated instructions). Especially the part where I copied the pywmlx folder seems very weird to me, but idk.
Attachments
translation_instruction_v2.rtf
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 32 times
Bafy78

Post by Bafy78 »

The new 1.17.13 wesnoth update breaks units advancement, with a lua error :/
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Bafy78 wrote: February 21st, 2023, 6:06 pm The new 1.17.13 wesnoth update breaks units advancement, with a lua error :/
Could you please prove the screenshot of the error?
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Bafy78

Post by Bafy78 »

Image I updated to the latest version of Legends-of-the-Invincibles-Beta, and the problem persists.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Bafy78 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 8:33 am Image I updated to the latest version of Legends-of-the-Invincibles-Beta, and the problem persists.
It was broken by the latest patch. [unit_type] tags need to be rearranged, although I wonder if getting .pot would break again
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Bafy78

Post by Bafy78 »

sorry for breaking the campaign guys
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Bafy78 wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 5:55 pm sorry for breaking the campaign guys
Happens, don't worry, just report any error you see
white_haired_uncle

Re: Legend of the Invincibles: Part II, Chapter VIII, S1 - Mysterious Invasion

Post by white_haired_uncle »

shevegen wrote: February 19th, 2023, 1:10 pm
viewtopic.php?t=32384 is probably a better place for general discussion not related to specific replays. Probably.

This is probably the hardest scenario of this chapter, though United can also be a little tricky.

The enemies don't keep spawning. At first, it seems like you'll never have enough time, but once you figure how to play it you should have enough turns unless you get some really bad luck.

I don't see crafting as a benefit here, unless somehow you've seriously neglected E/L. Maybe some defense for the kids, but you're pretty much going to want to keep them (especially her) out of the fight, along with any other units (crafting stuff for them is just a waste of gems, since they're toast, IMO).

The approach that works for me is https://wiki.wesnoth.org/LotI_Walkthrou ... -Chapter08
Last edited by Konrad2 on February 26th, 2023, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved post and added quote to clarify which post this is about.
hermestrismi

Post by hermestrismi »

Ch10 intro message:

Code: Select all

# The reason why Vritra has that title will not be explained and no clues will be given unless I change my mind
Did anyone know if Dugi changed his mind?
I'm still curious about it
JALdMIC

Post by JALdMIC »

I don't speak English i just want to say who i finish the first part of the campaign and was awesome
a great story,but, this happen in a alternative universe?, because i play first Aria of the dragon slayer and in this campaign the end of Wesnoth and the creation of the third sun are different.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

JALdMIC wrote: March 2nd, 2023, 2:56 pm a great story,but, this happen in a alternative universe?, because i play first Aria of the dragon slayer and in this campaign the end of Wesnoth and the creation of the third sun are different.
Aria of the Dragon-Slayer and Legend of the Invincibles are both UMC (User-Made Content) add-ons, so they are not official or canonical. Also, they are not necessarily consistent with each other.
Bafy78

Post by Bafy78 »

In the Nightmare Cellar scenario, chapter 9, is there something to do with the remaining statues? I'm talking about the ones that look like Lilith. If there isn't, I think there should. Perhaps something should happen when you place one unit on each statue.
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

Is there a situation where an item needs to be re-equipped (and only one) in order to regenerate the effects of all items? It has happened to me twice with Delenia.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Toranks wrote: March 20th, 2023, 8:51 am Is there a situation where an item needs to be re-equipped (and only one) in order to regenerate the effects of all items? It has happened to me twice with Delenia.
Shouldn't be like that. When did it happen?
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

dwarftough wrote: March 20th, 2023, 9:49 am
Toranks wrote: March 20th, 2023, 8:51 am Is there a situation where an item needs to be re-equipped (and only one) in order to regenerate the effects of all items? It has happened to me twice with Delenia.
Shouldn't be like that. When did it happen?
Thanks, I just wanted to know if there were any known bugs so I know where to look, and in the end it wasn't the campaign but an addon that does an [remove_object] which apparently rebuilds the unit without the equipped items.I figured out the cause and will look for a fix.