Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
12%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 241

Rendy55

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Rendy55 »

dwarftough wrote: October 16th, 2022, 8:09 pm
Rendy55 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 7:50 pm What is invincibles conquest?
My multiplayer addon, basically World Conquest campaign with LotI item system
And world conquest is what?
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Rendy55 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:55 pm
dwarftough wrote: October 16th, 2022, 8:09 pm
Rendy55 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 7:50 pm What is invincibles conquest?
My multiplayer addon, basically World Conquest campaign with LotI item system
And world conquest is what?
A mainlined multiplayer campaign
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

There is some error with infect cape.
Is that world conquest designed to be unbeatable?
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_19.10.2022_4_06_46.png
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.16.6_19.10.2022_3_27_35.png
FelixMage

Post by FelixMage »

dwarftough wrote: October 16th, 2022, 6:18 pm No, why? Non-beta from the addon server works fine

At least, Invincibles Conquest is supposed to work with non-beta version from the addon server, if that matters
Honestly just got spooked by the fact that installing both beta and non-beta at once caused me to have the LotI campaign twice in the Campaigns menu, which seemed to me like they weren't meant to be installed together and might cause issues.

That and the fact that I was thinking about resuming my old save from like 2 years ago and wanted to see if it would be able to handle the Wesnoth+LotI version jump.
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

There is some problem in colosseum scenario.
Attachments
Bitva_o_Wesnoth_-_1.14.17_05.11.2022_18_09_13.png
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Sorry for not answering for quite a while, I missed the new replies in this topic
Rendy55 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:17 am There is some error with infect cape.
Yes, infect causes some error message printed, I still don't know the causes but hopefully it doesn't affect the game, only a pesky error message
Rendy55 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:17 am Is that world conquest designed to be unbeatable?
Well, I occasionally complete it myself, alone and with my buddies, so it's definitely beatable. On the last maps the swarm of enemies like on the pic you posted definitely can be tricky: even if they can't defeat you, they can block you until the turn limit expires. There are a number of ways to fight in those maps. You can get, either from LotI items or from WC artifacts, abilities like disengage, penetrates, hit-and-run which will allow you to slash through the swarm. Another option can be use of flying units, swimming units and/or units with stalking abilities (ambush, submerge, concealment, etc) to strike against the enemy leaders

Rendy55 wrote: November 5th, 2022, 5:20 pm There is some problem in colosseum scenario.
Either you don't have Colosseum addon installed (LotI Colosseum demanded usual Colosseum installed to work properly), or Colosseum has changed... Although it's 1.14 version, I doubt there are many addons updated here... I haven't recently looked at my 1.14 addons, if I don't forget I'll try to check it
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Rendy55

Post by Rendy55 »

dwarftough wrote: November 11th, 2022, 2:50 am Sorry for not answering for quite a while, I missed the new replies in this topic
Rendy55 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:17 am There is some error with infect cape.
Yes, infect causes some error message printed, I still don't know the causes but hopefully it doesn't affect the game, only a pesky error message
Rendy55 wrote: October 19th, 2022, 2:17 am Is that world conquest designed to be unbeatable?
Well, I occasionally complete it myself, alone and with my buddies, so it's definitely beatable. On the last maps the swarm of enemies like on the pic you posted definitely can be tricky: even if they can't defeat you, they can block you until the turn limit expires. There are a number of ways to fight in those maps. You can get, either from LotI items or from WC artifacts, abilities like disengage, penetrates, hit-and-run which will allow you to slash through the swarm. Another option can be use of flying units, swimming units and/or units with stalking abilities (ambush, submerge, concealment, etc) to strike against the enemy leaders.

I did it by distracting enemy units with my leader they focused on him then get around them with units and kill leaders.
Maikal

Post by Maikal »

Hello, I'm a casual wesnoth player & just wanted to say I find this campaign really fun.

Curious what different ways people here like to build efraim/lethalia. I currently advanced their legacies (Both had legacy of light) to get them the tier 3 illumination and the ability to become lawful (to be used after getting the twilight amulet that makes them liminal). I also prevented them from auto-retaliating to limit their XP until I had enough redeems to get particles storm & I use dark sword/helm/glove with exterminator knife/ring on efraim to max out base attacks, and wisdom of ages/tracking lost knowledge on lethalia for the same thing.

I see one good way is to focus more on retaliation by giving them 2x marrowrend, impact penetration, and then just advance their base weapons.

Edit: Also, was the scythemaster/lycanthropy interaction fixed in a hidden patch? I don't see mention of it being patched on the github changelog but it doesn't seem to give them whirlwind + berserk anymore.

Does anyone build the lesser lich item that replaced deathblade's inheritance? It seems really odd for an item requiring a black pearl. Suck 2 is strong but it converts your damage to arcane which suck doesn't work with. And it hardly increases damage at all. It's like a worse version of the searing flame sword. Idk I just feel like an item requiring a black pearl should be kind of OP like marrowrend/soul render
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

white_haired_uncle wrote: July 16th, 2022, 1:21 pm Hey, I gave Krux the Precious Eagle Cactus Fruit (+40 heal), but he's only healing his standard +4!
Well, I guess it's kinda late response, but I found that the Precious Eagle Cactus Fruit ring doesn't give its heals +40 if its bearer already has some healing (even heals + 4). It won't improve his/her existing healing. On units without any healing it seems working, gives heals +40
Maikal

Post by Maikal »

dwarftough wrote: November 19th, 2022, 2:19 am
white_haired_uncle wrote: July 16th, 2022, 1:21 pm Hey, I gave Krux the Precious Eagle Cactus Fruit (+40 heal), but he's only healing his standard +4!
Well, I guess it's kinda late response, but I found that the Precious Eagle Cactus Fruit ring doesn't give its heals +40 if its bearer already has some healing (even heals + 4). It won't improve his/her existing healing. On units without any healing it seems working, gives heals +40
Is this a change from a recent update? I definitely remember it used to work. Kinda sucks bc you want to give support unit items to your support units to upgrade what they were already doing, you don't usually want to make a support unit out of something you've been building for another purpose like combat.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Maikal wrote: November 19th, 2022, 1:58 pm Is this a change from a recent update? I definitely remember it used to work. Kinda sucks bc you want to give support unit items to your support units to upgrade what they were already doing, you don't usually want to make a support unit out of something you've been building for another purpose like combat.
No, it should've been always like that. And it works, just on units without healing. You can just recruit a fresh non-healing unit and give him this ring
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

Playing on the latest version. It seems that flies spawned by Beelzebub can kill traders. Happened in the swamp scenario shortly before fighting dragons. Sorry I do not have a save file but it should be easy to reproduce.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

masterpace wrote: January 1st, 2023, 12:31 pm Playing on the latest version. It seems that flies spawned by Beelzebub can kill traders. Happened in the swamp scenario shortly before fighting dragons. Sorry I do not have a save file but it should be easy to reproduce.
Beelzebub has its own team. Traders usually belong both to good and enemies teams (whatever enemy in the chapter is), Beelzebub has the team called "Unknown". So, btw, flies will also attack enemies, as it seems
masterpace

Post by masterpace »

They do attack enemies. I still think they shouldn't attack traders though.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

To my taste, attacking enemies is less desirable than attacking traders. It's your responsibility to trade everything before summoning the mess, while attacking enemies actually helps you