Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Picklesword

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Picklesword »

Hey to everyone. I am new to Wesnoth. Fantasy genre games and literature have always been a favorite of mine.

Thank you for the game and forums.
spectrenectar

Post by spectrenectar »

Gosh this game surely is addictive in a nice rewarding way :D

I don't usually play many games, but this one's a keeper. Made it thru Heir to the Throne so far :)
Talis

Post by Talis »

Hello Everyone! First of all, I am French and i don't guarantee a good english language but i try.

Talis is one of my pseudonym. I have known Wesnoth from many years now (I think it was in 2014) and i consider myself like a good player. I'm finished many campaigns in harder difficulty but i need to confront myself with other players. I have already play online but it was a long time ago and not often.

Also, i will take this opportunity to say Wesnoth is clearly the best free game of all time. I often wondered why it was not paying given its quality. I really like this game, graphically et musically, it's just beautiful. And of course, The highly elaborate strategy system.
But... being a campaign base player, i have things to say about that, and about factions too, however on another discussion.

Good game everyone!
Toranks
Translator

Post by Toranks »

I've been here for a few weeks now and I hadn't introduced myself.
I love to modify video games to my liking from the earliest childhood, so I have a lot of practice with games that have mods or are free software.
I'm not a computer scientist and I don't know how to program (for example I hardly understand LUA), but I understand quite well scripting languages specifically designed for games and I learn quickly.

The one I'm best at is Openbor, from which I still maintain one of the best games ever made for that engine: Art of Fighting: Trouble in Southtown.
https://www.youtube.com/toranks

I also have a mod for Medieval Total War II
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthre ... ded-submod

And I mantains some Left 4 Dead II plugins on alliedmods
https://forums.alliedmods.net/search.ph ... d=40501678

I also understand and mess around quite a bit in games like Star Wars Battlefront II, Warcraft III, South Park: Fractured but whole, PS3 modding, Mugen (abandoned in favor of Openbor), and classic games in general with an active community.

I am currently learning WML and maintaining a Battle for Wesnoth mod that I fell in love with at first sight and was abandoned by its original author: Advanced Wesnoth Wars (available on 1.16 and 1.17 UMC servers).
https://github.com/Toranks/Advance_Wesnoth_Wars
Drizzt_DoUrden

Post by Drizzt_DoUrden »

Howdy, Some of you may remember me as kjosh on here and ladder. Now I use Drizzt (My favorite character ever!). I am Non-Binary and use Ze/Zim/Zers pronouns and I am I am avid gamer and DnD is probably my favorite, I love most major fantasy and scifi series, especially Drizzt, SW, LotR, MArvel, DC, WoT, Percy Jackson, and Alanna The Lioness (Tamora Pierce). I it has been a long time until the past few months. i was playing ladder back in 2012, and was coding a campaign back in 2014-16. unfortunately I lost all of those files. But now i have started back up with a new campaign. It isn't published yet but expect a ton of different races working together, both for the controlled side and enemy side. Bonus, you will have allied Naga for at least one scenario! I am Drizzt on ladder, feel free to look for me for a match, I am pretty busy with the campaign right now, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
“Those who rely on certainties are certain to be disappointed” - Drizzt Do'Urden
Brombsood

Post by Brombsood »

Hi all.

I came here after finding out there was a forum for Wesnoth that I had overlooked so many times.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

:evil: Fellow WC II players , Phoenixz , if u r there, know that I am well. but wrath boils in my veins. I will make it to connect to server sooner or later.
ChrundleTheGreat

Post by ChrundleTheGreat »

howdy, im chrundle the great im relatively new to this, at least the forums but i use to play a lot as a kid although i never really got good at it, now im trying to make my own campaign which is why i came to the forums, i think i migth need some assistance with that.
anyways is good to be joining this comunity.
Ancient_Entity

Post by Ancient_Entity »

Po dlhej dobe som sa sem vrátil a mám nanovo vtvorený účet

I'm back here after a long time and I've created a new account

Hic post longum tempus revertor et novam rationem creavi
diane91

Post by diane91 »

Hello! I'm Diane and I'm just new to this game. I discovered it some days ago.
BrunoWI

Post by BrunoWI »

Hello everyone,
My name is Bruno. I'm new to this game. I'm helping my 10-year-old son discover this game.
Aquilo

Post by Aquilo »

Good day everyone. I finally was able to post comment and introduce here. I played this game since 2012 and just got back into playing. Aquilo here by the way.
lukas77

Post by lukas77 »

Hi there!!

Recently I have started playing to this game, and I felt with the need to share my experience with other players on this forum, looking forward!
Circlemaster

Post by Circlemaster »

Hi, im circlemaster. im known to most people as wesnothplayer, it would be kinda strange have a wesnoth account called wesnothplayer, because we all are. i am planning to make a MP era. i started to play this game back in 1.14, like in 2020 or 2021.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Circlemaster wrote: October 17th, 2023, 11:57 pm Hi, im circlemaster. im known to most people as wesnothplayer, it would be kinda strange have a wesnoth account called wesnothplayer, because we all are. i am planning to make a MP era. i started to play this game back in 1.14, like in 2020 or 2021.
Welcome to the forums. Look forward to seeing a new era, they're my faves. Heh, I always think of myself as a WesNewb but I actually got ya beat, started in 2019 with 1.12 (yeah I'm on Debian which is never up to date).