Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

littlekatana

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by littlekatana »

hey Folks! I'm glad to be here. name's littlekatana. I've been playing BfW for a few months and managed to get through almost all the campaigns on various difficulties so far. I really like it. For many of the campaigns, I was playing 14, instead of 17, because i downloaded it from my linux package manager, then i came to the website and realized i was playing a much outdated game.

Looking forward to contributing to this awesome game! Cheers from Canada.
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

littlekatana wrote: April 15th, 2022, 12:27 am For many of the campaigns, I was playing 14, instead of 17, because i downloaded it from my linux package manager, then i came to the website and realized i was playing a much outdated game.
I assume you mean 1.14 and 1.17? Note that versions where the second component is even (1.14, 1.16, etc.) are stable versions, while versions where the second component is odd (1.15, 1.17, etc.) are development versions. I would actually recommend playing the latest stable version (1.16) rather than the development version, as the development version is more likely to have bugs. Alternatively, if it's simpler to use the 1.14 version provided by your package manager, you could just stick with that - it's not really very old (it's just the previous stable version).
littlekatana

Post by littlekatana »

gnombat wrote: April 15th, 2022, 12:57 am
littlekatana wrote: April 15th, 2022, 12:27 am For many of the campaigns, I was playing 14, instead of 17, because i downloaded it from my linux package manager, then i came to the website and realized i was playing a much outdated game.
I assume you mean 1.14 and 1.17? Note that versions where the second component is even (1.14, 1.16, etc.) are stable versions, while versions where the second component is odd (1.15, 1.17, etc.) are development versions. I would actually recommend playing the latest stable version (1.16) rather than the development version, as the development version is more likely to have bugs. Alternatively, if it's simpler to use the 1.14 version provided by your package manager, you could just stick with that - it's not really very old (it's just the previous stable version).
Thanks for the explanation. I was mistaken - I'm playing 16. The 14 actually had some serious bugs that made it difficult to follow along. I was also curious about why 16 isn't in the linux repository, but still finding my way through the forums...
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

littlekatana wrote: April 15th, 2022, 1:04 am I was also curious about why 16 isn't in the linux repository, but still finding my way through the forums...
Linux distributions are sometimes lagging behind in the versions of software they offer. The next release of whatever distribution you are using will probably have Wesnoth 1.16.
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I'm using Debian 9. It's latest Wesnoth is 1.12.6. YMMV! (BTW us Debian users are pretty much required to go to Flatpak if we want anything current/cutting edge - Debian's Philosophy is to be ultra stable and not at all cutting edge)
MiCKdotca

Post by MiCKdotca »

MiCKdotCA here. Been a Linux user for 20+ years and seriously (and i know shamefully) just got back into Wesnoth. It's on my phone and laptop. Can't deny that this game is full of possibilities and virtually a never ending assortment of campaigns that look amazing. Hello everyone and THANK YOU to all that have continued to keep this game going!
Yomar

Post by Yomar »

Wellcome here.
Beholded Wesnoth's Origins.
Max G on WIF
Rank 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
amalon

Post by amalon »

Hi everyone im amalon. 😀
Littles4Victory

Re: Littles4Victory

Post by Littles4Victory »

Hey new to Wesnoth but learning quick. :D
Littles4Victory

Re: Littles4Victory

Post by Littles4Victory »

I'm new but learning fast..... I think.
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

Hi! I'm technically not new here, but I haven't been active around here in 10 years. Recently I decided to come back to the community that honestly has heavily shaped beginning of my interest in art and game design.

So hi everyone, I'm Ada, nickname Shino. I'm a pixel artist (mostly thanks to Wesnoth), comic artist, writer of games and comics, narrative designer and general game designer. I'm happy to be back!
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
Owi

Post by Owi »

Hello everyone Just plunged into the atmosphere of this brilliant game, was trained and immediately multiplayer, tell me is there a rating in the game? If yes, where can I find it, if not, is it planned or not? All the best )
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Owi wrote: July 17th, 2022, 9:10 am Hello everyone Just plunged into the atmosphere of this brilliant game, was trained and immediately multiplayer, tell me is there a rating in the game? If yes, where can I find it, if not, is it planned or not? All the best )
Not officially, no. There is the Ladder.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Owi wrote: July 17th, 2022, 9:10 am Hello everyone Just plunged into the atmosphere of this brilliant game, was trained and immediately multiplayer, tell me is there a rating in the game? If yes, where can I find it, if not, is it planned or not? All the best )
There is also Afterlife Rated, for Afterlife gamemode
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Valentus

Post by Valentus »

Good evenining everyone! I'm not exactly a new player, but I feel like a new player after not playing Wesnoth for so long. I had not played it for 10 years approximately, it feels great to bump into all these new updates, features and to see that this great game is still up and running. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys in-game :lol:
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." Socrates