Atz' maps

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Atz
Art Contributor

Re: Atz' maps

Post by Atz »

Thanks! I'll do that. Actually, looking at the screenshot just now, I notice that the map is not in fact symmetrical because I have forgotten to add some terrain in the north. Oops.
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

Okay, I've uploaded a new version with fixes to the Spiral Court. Nothing real major, just put down an extra hill or forest here and there.

Also I changed Keryn Gorge substantially, because I looked at it the other day and was very worried about P1 advantage. New version looks like this:
keryn.jpg
Basically I've replaced the forts which used to be in the middle with some other terrain near each side, and removed a castle square from P1 so it's harder for them to rush forwards and snaffle all the best hexes. Note that those two leftmost villages start flagged for P2.
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

New maps up on the 1.9 server. Or two variations of one map, rather. I wanted to try making a somewhat-balanced snow map, because it's so rarely used.
Attachments
caedd_ridge_alt.jpg
caedd_ridge.jpg
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I've ported this to 2.2.1 for 1.14/16.