1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by doofus-01 »

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Those are some embarrassing mistakes, I'll look into this. Thanks for reporting.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.16.4 has been uploaded to the 1.16 server.

I've test/fixed scenarios up to the second Dark Planet scenario (haven't gotten to later scenarios yet). The version number jumped up to 1.16.4 to keep in sync with Archaic Era.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

doofus-01 wrote: April 10th, 2023, 2:19 am1.16.4 has been uploaded to the 1.16 server.
Oh, it's nice to see that this is still maintained! And just as I got BfW 1.16 to work on this computer, right on cue!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.16.5 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.16 server. It is a fairly minor update, but it has a critical fix updating "Arif" -> "Dune Soldier" in the (almost) final battle.
catsquidcat

Post by catsquidcat »

Hey, I have been someone who has been a fan of this campaign for a long time, I am especially a fan of the Kython faction, and I recall a time where you could choose to play just the scenarios for one race rather than jumping between the 3. As I am a big fan of that faction so I want to replay some of the earlier levels without replaying the other races parts too. Do you recall what is the last version of this campaign that had that option, and what version of BfW it was?
Sadaharu

Post by Sadaharu »

I played it first on BfW 1.10… in 2015? –earlier, perhaps– and that option was no longer available.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Yeah, that was a feature from a long, long time ago, a lot has changed since then. It's not that simple to implement, but I can put it on the TO DO list, maybe it'll be back in the BfW 1.18 version.
catsquidcat

Post by catsquidcat »

doofus-01 wrote: July 10th, 2023, 1:15 am Yeah, that was a feature from a long, long time ago, a lot has changed since then. It's not that simple to implement, but I can put it on the TO DO list, maybe it'll be back in the BfW 1.18 version.
Yeah I figured that it would be harder to implement now with how things have changed. Still if you were to add it back at some point I personally would be happy, but I can understand if it is too much work to include with how it functions now.
sailorTheCat

Post by sailorTheCat »

Perhaps there is a bug in the `encounter` scenario. It asked to «Defeat the Khton Aramemnon», but even when I kill all the enemies the winning-condition doesn't happen. See the attachment with repeat.
Attachments
encounter-repeat.gz
(114.27 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Yes, you found a bug, thanks for reporting. The victory event is scripted for when you kill a mage or spearman, but I gave the AI too much recruitment choice, so it never recruited one of those for you.

I will remove the AI choices in the next update. For now, you can use this save, just kill the "DEBUG MAGE" to advance.
Attachments
Три1-Столкновение Turn 19-DEBUG.gz
(177.64 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Star_of_Hope

Post by Star_of_Hope »

The scout robot talked in the cutscene in "Tower Peak". I think a silver bird talked too in another scenario not mentioned by others in this thread, could find if again if needed.

Wesnoth version 1.16.9, Trinity Part 2 version 1.16.5.
Attachments
Trinity Part 2, Tower Peak, Talking scout bot.png
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

There really should be a key in the unit config, "cantalk=no". Thanks for reporting.