1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GamerRebellion

Re: 1.14/1.15 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by GamerRebellion »

doofus-01 wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 12:11 pm
GamerRebellion wrote: September 28th, 2020, 6:09 am Hello, can anyone tell me how to pass the 3 gate in the volcano? I have active all the vase, but when I active the vase at the library room, nothing happened. Is there any solution?
Well, that doesn't sound good. Which version are you using?
I use the steam version
Attachments
the gate won't open after I put the Raenna on vase in library room
the gate won't open after I put the Raenna on vase in library room
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

GamerRebellion wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:34 am I use the steam version
I guess that's BfW 1.14, I don't have steam myself. I just tested it real quick with debug, and it seems to work fine. The filter seems pretty simple, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. If you post a save-file of the turn where you try this and it fails, I might be able to fix it or at least figure out the problem. But for now it is a head-scratcher.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

doofus-01 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 9:16 pm
GamerRebellion wrote: October 4th, 2020, 1:34 am I use the steam version
I guess that's BfW 1.14, I don't have steam myself. I just tested it real quick with debug, and it seems to work fine. The filter seems pretty simple, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work. If you post a save-file of the turn where you try this and it fails, I might be able to fix it or at least figure out the problem. But for now it is a head-scratcher.
sure, here is the save file, the save 25 is the result after I put Raenna on the vas in the library room
Attachments
BMR3-Volcano-Auto-Save25.gz
(217.03 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
BMR3-Volcano-Auto-Save24.gz
(213.74 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
BMR3-Volcano.gz
(66.09 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Beon

Re: 1.14/1.15 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising - SOLVED

Post by Beon »

Hi!

Just playing BMC III and got stopped by a bug.

Scenario "Death with Dignity"
End of Turn 4
As soon as the first enemy unit heals (Hardback? a turtle anyways...), the game crashes.

OSX reports:
Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (!defender_stats_ && !attacker_combatant_ && !defender_combatant_), function battle_context, file /wesnoth_1.14/src/actions/attack.cpp, line 398.
I cannot even find that file on my computer. Might that be the problem?
What other info would be needed to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your kind support and an amazing campaign!

Beon

Edit 1: The healing itself is not the problem, but it obviously marks the begin of the enemies turn.
Edit 2: Wesnoth 1.14.3
Edit 3: Downloaded 1.14.14 from wesnoth.org, copied savegames to new location. Works. So far ;) Sorry for the bother!
Edit 4: Now I am stuck at the same position as GamerRebellion above. Vase in the library moved, made a sound, gates in mid north west are closed... :augh:
GamerRebellion

Re: 1.14/1.15 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising - SOLVED

Post by GamerRebellion »

Beon wrote: October 9th, 2020, 10:02 pm Hi!

Just playing BMC III and got stopped by a bug.

Scenario "Death with Dignity"
End of Turn 4
As soon as the first enemy unit heals (Hardback? a turtle anyways...), the game crashes.

OSX reports:
Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (!defender_stats_ && !attacker_combatant_ && !defender_combatant_), function battle_context, file /wesnoth_1.14/src/actions/attack.cpp, line 398.
I cannot even find that file on my computer. Might that be the problem?
What other info would be needed to solve this?

Thanks in advance for your kind support and an amazing campaign!

Beon

Edit 1: The healing itself is not the problem, but it obviously marks the begin of the enemies turn.
Edit 2: Wesnoth 1.14.3
Edit 3: Downloaded 1.14.14 from wesnoth.org, copied savegames to new location. Works. So far ;) Sorry for the bother!
Edit 4: Now I am stuck at the same position as GamerRebellion above. Vase in the library moved, made a sound, gates in mid north west are closed... :augh:
:augh: I hope Doofus will fix it soon, Thanks for your hard work
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

GamerRebellion wrote: October 10th, 2020, 5:23 am
Beon wrote: October 9th, 2020, 10:02 pm
I've just uploaded 1.11.3.a, which should fix this. It turns out I fixed one "minor" little thing before transitioning to BfW 1.15, but then never uploaded it to the BfW 1.14 add-ons server... I'm nothing if not disorganized. :doh:
https://github.com/doofus-01/wesnoth-Ba ... 45c8283ed6

Thanks for letting me know. Attached is a fixed autosave turn 24. The issue was there was an obsolete terrain code for the opened gates.
Attachments
BMR3-Volcano-Auto-Save24.gz
(223.14 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
GamerRebellion

Post by GamerRebellion »

doofus-01 wrote: October 10th, 2020, 12:08 pm
GamerRebellion wrote: October 10th, 2020, 5:23 am
Beon wrote: October 9th, 2020, 10:02 pm
I've just uploaded 1.11.3.a, which should fix this. It turns out I fixed one "minor" little thing before transitioning to BfW 1.15, but then never uploaded it to the BfW 1.14 add-ons server... I'm nothing if not disorganized. :doh:
https://github.com/doofus-01/wesnoth-Ba ... 45c8283ed6

Thanks for letting me know. Attached is a fixed autosave turn 24. The issue was there was an obsolete terrain code for the opened gates.
Yes, I really love this campaign both stories and units. Thank you so much for fixed this problem.
Beon

Post by Beon »

Thank you so much for your quick response, Doofus!
Works like a charm. Gates opened. Just had to restart scenario, which is no problem at all.
Have a great weekend!

Beon
legithorir

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by legithorir »

King_Of_Sloths wrote: August 5th, 2020, 5:39 pm
edit: Unequipping the crested helmet also doesn't give back the 2% defense back
Hello, I noticed this bug as well, I assume it has been fixed in the latest version ? I'm sorry if this has already been as asked, but I started the campaign on the 1.14.14 version, can I play on the lastest version ?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

legithorir wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:33 am
Hello, I noticed this bug as well, I assume it has been fixed in the latest version ? I'm sorry if this has already been as asked, but I started the campaign on the 1.14.14 version, can I play on the lastest version ?
Thanks for the reminder. It was fixed in the BfW 1.15 (Dev) version, but not the BfW 1.14 (Stable) version.

I just uploaded 1.11.4 to the BfW 1.14 (Stable) server, which includes this. I also fixed the trader menu dialogs so that the selection doesn't jump back to the first item after every action. (It was pointed out to me in a PM that selling lots of a single armor type was pretty annoying.)

The traders dialog fix will be in the next 1.15 upload, it's not there yet.
legithorir

Post by legithorir »

doofus-01 wrote: October 18th, 2020, 1:41 am
legithorir wrote: October 14th, 2020, 10:33 am
Thanks for the reminder. It was fixed in the BfW 1.15 (Dev) version, but not the BfW 1.14 (Stable) version.

I just uploaded 1.11.4 to the BfW 1.14 (Stable) server, which includes this. I also fixed the trader menu dialogs so that the selection doesn't jump back to the first item after every action. (It was pointed out to me in a PM that selling lots of a single armor type was pretty annoying.)

The traders dialog fix will be in the next 1.15 upload, it's not there yet.
Thanks a lot, I confirm that it works properly now, but is there a way to totally reset the terrain defense ? 2 of my units with the Crested helmet lost 6 points that don't seem to recover
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

legithorir wrote: October 20th, 2020, 1:19 pm Thanks a lot, I confirm that it works properly now, but is there a way to totally reset the terrain defense ? 2 of my units with the Crested helmet lost 6 points that don't seem to recover
Thanks for confirming. Can you post a save-file? I can probably fix that file, even if I can't upload a general fix for everyone. It should just involve searching for "crest_helmet" and deleting associated data, but we'll see.
legithorir

Post by legithorir »

Thank you ! here it is
Attachments
BMR2-The Pit Tour 1.gz
(140.17 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
lfgr

Post by lfgr »

I'm getting a segfault in the first scenario (or at the beginning of the second) of the prologue. It happens right after Councilman Shaema says "Save your breath, foul agent", and the screen goes dark. I can briefly see some kind of loading screen before the crash. The game also appears to make a quicksave, which crashes immediately when loading. I'm on linux, and just downloaded the addon with dependencies: BMR 1.11.4, Archaic Era 1.8.10, Archaic Resources 1.3.7 and Archaic Sounds 1.0.0.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

lfgr wrote: November 29th, 2020, 5:28 pm I'm getting a segfault in the first scenario (or at the beginning of the second) of the prologue. It happens right after Councilman Shaema says "Save your breath, foul agent", and the screen goes dark. I can briefly see some kind of loading screen before the crash. The game also appears to make a quicksave, which crashes immediately when loading. I'm on linux, and just downloaded the addon with dependencies: BMR 1.11.4, Archaic Era 1.8.10, Archaic Resources 1.3.7 and Archaic Sounds 1.0.0.
I'm not able to reproduce this, on BfW 1.14.11 at least. If you have a save file that crashes, can you post that? Thanks.

EDIT:
legithorir wrote:Thank you ! here it is
Sorry, I missed this somehow. I'll take a look.