1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

WackoJacko

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by WackoJacko »

Hi Doofus,
I don't think i explained myself well. The scenario starts with the peasant in the middle. Then we fight and the battle ends where (I'm assuming) Lorenzon is meant to talk with her, instead he just has a one-sided conversation and I can suddenly recruit archers. I think the game broke somewhere because I tried to watch my replay and encountered a bunch of error messages after the first turn, it is attached below. Unfortunately I no longer have any of the autosaves, just the replay and the original file (also attached).

With regards to the Ghost Queen, good! I thought I may have broken the game even more :lol:
Attachments
BMR2-Rescue.gz
(13.8 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
BMR2-Rescue replay.gz
(35.28 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

WackoJacko wrote: November 17th, 2019, 12:38 pm Hi Doofus,
I don't think i explained myself well. The scenario starts with the peasant in the middle. Then we fight and the battle ends where (I'm assuming) Lorenzon is meant to talk with her, instead he just has a one-sided conversation and I can suddenly recruit archers. I think the game broke somewhere because I tried to watch my replay and encountered a bunch of error messages after the first turn, it is attached below. Unfortunately I no longer have any of the autosaves, just the replay and the original file (also attached).

With regards to the Ghost Queen, good! I thought I may have broken the game even more :lol:
Hah, maybe you somehow won without the archers showing up to attack the royal forces. Thanks for the files, I'll check them out. This really helps with bug-fixing, if this is a campaign-specific bug.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

hey Doofus,
just wondering how the review is going? I haven't played your campaign since and was wondering if there was anything i can do?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Hi WackoJacko,

Sorry for the slow response, thanks for the reminder. Your replay got out of sync on turn 1, so I couldn't tell anything from it, unfortunately. I used your save, and the archers showed up for me just fine, but that replay doesn't seem to work either. I did attach my turn autosave after Raenna is on the map though, in case that helps.

The replays not working makes me wonder if this is some version incompatibility issue. Replays did not work in this campaign for a long time, but as far as I can tell, they do now. I'd suggest making sure you have the current versions of the add-ons and starting BMR2 over (from the "campaign" button, not a save-game, fortunately this is still a very early scenario). Even if you don't care about replays, it is probably a sign of bigger problems.

Best Regards.
Attachments
BMR2-Rescue-Auto-Save4.gz
(64.64 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
WackoJacko

Post by WackoJacko »

The replay seems to be broken however if you just click cancel (or ignore all, or something like that, sorry I can't remember exactly what) you should be able to watch it through to completion.
I'll check out your autosave shortly.
Kalador

Post by Kalador »

mirror pot is impossible, no time to go out!!!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Not sure if you are aware of this, but in BMR 2's World Map - Ukiah scenario, the context menu has some serious layout issues because you're using an oversized image for one of the menu items, causing all others to be padded to match:
Screenshot_20200707_032144.png
(Version 1.11.2 on Wesnoth 1.14.13+dev)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the report & explanation! I'd seen that, and maybe someone reported it earlier, but I guess that since it didn't involve rogue scrollbars, I wasn't bothered enough to deal with it. It'll be cleaned up in the next release.

(On a related note, I plan to put more work into the custom menus now that I know GUI2/Lua is the only future this campaign has. I was a bit reluctant to invest time in it when there was a chance a more broadly used toolkit could be applied some day, but I can't see porting this to Godot and there are probably more examples to look at now anyway.)
King_Of_Sloths

Post by King_Of_Sloths »

Hey Doofus, great campaign, it's very fun so far! I was in the sun dog trading post regearing all my units, and I noticed that unequipping the crested helmet doesn't take away the hp that equipping it gives, so equipping and unequipping it over and over can be exploited to give units infinite hp. I tested it again in the copper mine scenario and the same thing happened. I haven't noticed this bug with any other piece of equipment so far.

edit: Unequipping the crested helmet also doesn't give back the 2% defense back
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the report. I have a rough idea what it could be, I'll look at it this weekend.
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

I´m stuck at Volcano before the first gate. I´m already discovered all four rooms and activated the vases, but still the gate didn´t open itself? What do i need to do?
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Tarcil wrote: September 19th, 2020, 12:25 pm I´m stuck at Volcano before the first gate. I´m already discovered all four rooms and activated the vases, but still the gate didn´t open itself? What do i need to do?
There isn't anything particularly clever about the gates, you open each one by finding a vase. Depending on which gate you mean, it's either the vase in the laboratory/library room or the vase in the little alcove close to the gate.
doofus-01
Art Director

1.15 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

1.15.1 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.15 server. The previous (unannounced) version had a Lua issue with 1.15, but it's been fixed now. Some maps were also updated.
GamerRebellion

Re: 1.14/1.15 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by GamerRebellion »

Hello, can anyone tell me how to pass the 3 gate in the volcano? I have active all the vase, but when I active the vase at the library room, nothing happened. Is there any solution?
doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.14/1.15 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

GamerRebellion wrote: September 28th, 2020, 6:09 am Hello, can anyone tell me how to pass the 3 gate in the volcano? I have active all the vase, but when I active the vase at the library room, nothing happened. Is there any solution?
Well, that doesn't sound good. Which version are you using?