1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JMichael

Re: 1.16 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by JMichael »

I thought the point of @Konrad2's comment "ghosts can pick up items" was that, once a ghost has picked up an item, it is out of the game: the ghost can't use it, and you can't drop an item unless it is equipped.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the feedback.
JMichael wrote: June 6th, 2022, 9:50 pm I am trying to post a screenshot of the error message.
Is there a log file it would be in?
I think it depends on the OS, but the message in that image is probably enough, if I could recreate the issue. But I don't seem to be able to, can you detail what you did?
JMichael wrote: June 8th, 2022, 9:08 pm I thought the point of @Konrad2's comment "ghosts can pick up items" was that, once a ghost has picked up an item, it is out of the game: the ghost can't use it, and you can't drop an item unless it is equipped.
Hrm, if that's what he meant, it could be a bug, but it's not something I remember ever seeing. I'll have to check up on it.
JMichael wrote: June 8th, 2022, 9:03 pm Why did the "Primaevals" attack my party?
It should be explained well enough in the intro, and if not, it should become clearer later on.
JMichael wrote: June 8th, 2022, 9:03 pm What was with the Objective "Defeat the Pursuer"? I never saw him, let alone defeated him, yet I was advanced to "Payback".
It should have been clear from the context, unless intros/dialogs have stopped showing. But it's not that important anyway.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

This is a Save from just after picking up the Leather Armor, just before trying to Use it.
I can also get the error by having Scallion try to "Use".
Like I said, I didn't know what I was doing. I now understand that "Use" applies to an Inventory item, not to an Equippped item.
The bug seems to be clicking "Use" when there is nothing in the Inventory.
Attachments
BMR1-Abandoned Turn 4 just before Lua error.gz
Therion -> Unit Status -> Use
(29.86 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

Doofus-01 wrote:
JMichael wrote: ↑Yesterday, 4:08 pm
I thought the point of @Konrad2's comment "ghosts can pick up items" was that, once a ghost has picked up an item, it is out of the game: the ghost can't use it, and you can't drop an item unless it is equipped.
Hrm, if that's what he meant, it could be a bug, but it's not something I remember ever seeing. I'll have to check up on it.
Maybe we shouldn't have said "ghost", since there's a monster of the same name. What I meant was, if one of my ghostly companions ends movement on a hex containing an item, he picks it up. It is now in his inventory, since he can't use it. There seems to be no way to drop it for Scallion to pick it up, because only an equipped item can be dropped.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

JMichael wrote: June 9th, 2022, 6:41 pm This is a Save from just after picking up the Leather Armor, just before trying to Use it.
I can also get the error by having Scallion try to "Use".
Like I said, I didn't know what I was doing. I now understand that "Use" applies to an Inventory item, not to an Equippped item.
The bug seems to be clicking "Use" when there is nothing in the Inventory.
I understand now, thanks. I will fix it this weekend.
JMichael wrote: June 9th, 2022, 6:52 pm Maybe we shouldn't have said "ghost", since there's a monster of the same name. What I meant was, if one of my ghostly companions ends movement on a hex containing an item, he picks it up. It is now in his inventory, since he can't use it. There seems to be no way to drop it for Scallion to pick it up, because only an equipped item can be dropped.
I see. No, the inventory is "per side", not "per unit". If one of Scarrion's ghost companions picks up an item, Scarrion has access to it.
  • Is this system realistic?
    Not at all, and it does lead to opportunities to "cheat", but I decided it was better to avoid all the inventory management clicking that a per unit system would require. It matters more later in the game, as you have more traditional battles instead of 1-4 units.
  • Is this system intuitive?
    Maybe, maybe not, but it should be simple enough to discover.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

Well, that's very different.
When I saw the "greyed out" (orange, actually) item in the inventory of someone who had never picked up anything, I thought it was a bug. It never occurred to me to check via Scarrion.
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

Part II, Help (Wesnopedia?) -> Traits: "fearless" appears three times. The explanations are slightly different.

The "Unit Status" description of "dog collar" ends abruptly after "+4" -- I assume "HP".
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

"Objectives" are not updated after arrival of archers to show "Raenna" must survive.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Thanks for the reports, these will be fixed in the next update.
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

The line of dialog in Rescue, "like smashing ticks and flies". I think it should be "fleas".
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

Is there a way to save while on the World Map?
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

JMichael wrote: June 28th, 2022, 4:10 am Is there a way to save while on the World Map?
If I remember make a right-click onto the world map and you see a menu
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

Tarcil wrote: June 28th, 2022, 1:48 pm
JMichael wrote: June 28th, 2022, 4:10 am Is there a way to save while on the World Map?
If I remember make a right-click onto the world map and you see a menu
I do see a menu, it includes a "Load Game" option, but no "Save Game".
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

I don't remember, is this one of the campaigns where on the world map your movement is always reset so you don't have to start a new turn?

If so, try starting a new turn.
JMichael

Post by JMichael »

I don't click "End Turn", the turn just seems to end: either I get dumped into a skirmish, or I get to move again.