Zombie Apocalypse RPG 1.6

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Zombie Apocalypse RPG 1.6

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Screenshots below
Attachments
Beginning
Beginning
Town Map, accessible from the Menu (Right Click)
Town Map, accessible from the Menu (Right Click)
Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on June 1st, 2018, 2:23 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Ardent

Re: Zombie Apocalypse RPG

Post by Ardent »

Just curious: why is the melee attack of a submachinegun pierce? I'd be expecting impact (knocking down somebody with the weapon body).
You are an Orcish Grunt: cheap, powerful, but effective.
boru

Post by boru »

I think it's one of those new bayonet submachineguns.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Ardent wrote:Just curious: why is the melee attack of a submachinegun pierce? I'd be expecting impact (knocking down somebody with the weapon body).
Because you shoot the zombie when its coming towards you.

Why don't you guys try making more relevant questions, as the alternative to not posting at all.
norbert

Post by norbert »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:Here are some pictures of my latest project, Zombie Apocalypse RPG.
Looks nice so far; details like the knapsack help create the RPG atmosphere.
The horse could use a semi-transparent drop shadow, like the cows have.
PapaSmurfReloaded

norbert wrote:Looks nice so far; details like the knapsack help create the RPG atmosphere.
The horse could use a semi-transparent drop shadow, like the cows have.
Lol, I knew there was something odd-looking about the horse before but I didn't realize it was that xD.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

very nice papa smurf.

i absolutely like what i see, cine i can sense some potancial -
where did you get the beds from, btw ?

btw, what about adding real-range (if you havent dont that yet) to the firearms, would be surely a very nice thing to have. of course you'd have to spend some thoughts about how it would work (can you move after shooting, how many times you can fire per round, does it cost moves to fire and such)

in any case this looks promising, and if its just for the resources included in the dl.
looking forward to it.

and .. i can say that im probably interested in supporting this mod with a MAP (or SCN better said), since i also had in mind making a horror rpg (or simply a horror SCN with RPG elements)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Mabuse wrote:very nice papa smurf.

i absolutely like what i see, cine i can sense some potancial -
where did you get the beds from, btw ?
http://opengameart.org/
Mabuse wrote:btw, what about adding real-range (if you havent dont that yet) to the firearms, would be surely a very nice thing to have. of course you'd have to spend some thoughts about how it would work (can you move after shooting, how many times you can fire per round, does it cost moves to fire and such)
I thought of using it but if I recall the ranged era had limitations regarding the amount of weapons that a unit can have, and this RPG has many weapons, basically everything someone would want to use on a zombie. So far I got animations for submachine guns, rifles, sniper rifles, pistols, shotguns, and flamethrowers.
And I still have to figure out how to animate from scratch chainsaws, and things like that...

And yea, the idea is adding post-kill movement, like in SX, but only 1 mp instead of 3.
Mabuse wrote:in any case this looks promising, and if its just for the resources included in the dl.
looking forward to it.
To tell the truth I'm quite short on resources although I'm scavenging from anywhere possible. Wesnoth doesn't have many indoors objects and finding ones that look well with the rest is difficult. I'm lacking tables, desks, a bar for the PUB, stairs going down, wooden doors and other less urgent things. So I guess I'll have to keep looking or just make them.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

To tell the truth I'm quite short on resources although I'm scavenging from anywhere possible. Wesnoth doesn't have many indoors objects and finding ones that look well with the rest is difficult. I'm lacking tables, desks, a bar for the PUB, stairs going down, wooden doors and other less urgent things. So I guess I'll have to keep looking or just make them.
doors:
use the wooden walls instead

stairs:
interesting. i would like to know how the stairs are going to work in your MOD ? do you need just a "staircase.ITEM" and when stepping on a certain Hex the players are "teleported" to another floor - or do you simply want to make the impression of different heights by using "staircase-terrain" (which would be great to have i think).

interiour:
sure, more would be useful.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
PeterPorty
Translator

Post by PeterPorty »

You *have* to add a baseball bat. Then, I'll play.
"The real world is for people who can't imagine anything better."
PapaSmurfReloaded

Mabuse wrote:doors:
use the wooden walls instead
Not good enough.
Mabuse wrote:stairs:
interesting. i would like to know how the stairs are going to work in your MOD ? do you need just a "staircase.ITEM" and when stepping on a certain Hex the players are "teleported" to another floor - or do you simply want to make the impression of different heights by using "staircase-terrain" (which would be great to have i think).
I just need somethat looks like staircase, you step on it and get teleported.
I modified a bit the open trapdoor image and well it is good enough for the time being.

Now what I need the most are desks and a bar for the PUB.

The staircase terrain thing is overdoing it, not even worth trying.
Maybe if some graphics artists feels like helping, but there is a limit about how cool I can make things, lol.

It's just a lot of work for a single person.

I still haven't even finished furnishing all the houses with what I got, it's terribly boring.
Mabuse wrote:interiour:
sure, more would be useful.
Yea.

I found some more stuff now.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Nothing.
Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on September 30th, 2010, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwynnedrion

Post by Gwynnedrion »

I'd definily want to play this :) you might check out zombiesquad.com (or is it .org?) and put this on their forum. Might attract some new players and they might have some tips (like weapons, descriptions , etcetera)
”Rise, adept, and tell me about the enemy.”

You are a Horseman: you charge ahead without thinking of the consequences.(80%)
PapaSmurfReloaded

A little update on the progress.

-The map is about... 98% finished, it tooks a few weeks but it's done now.
-The introduction is done.
-I've got a definite plot, thinking of the side-quests and things along those lines now.
-Also trying to come up with a better name for the city, and perhaps the game too.
-Resources wise everything is alright, I got everything I needed and even more.

If anyone is interested, after I finish this, I'll upload an add-on with RPG Resources.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Nothing.
Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on September 30th, 2010, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.