LOW - Shamans going to Landar

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nadeemoidu

LOW - Shamans going to Landar

Post by nadeemoidu »

I was playing LOW in 1.8.1 - medium.

The dialogue says that "Kalenz can only recall shamans and
their advancements from his former army since the rest of his men have joined
Uradredia befor he arrived."

However, the slyphs joined Landar :(. 3 slyphs were the main part of my army and loosing them to the enemy was no fun :(

Is this a bug?
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: LOW - Shamans going to Landar

Post by Anonymissimus »

Afaik yes. When I played last on 1.6 I kept all female > level 1's.
You should test it on 1.8.3 though and report a bug if it persists.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Kymille

Post by Kymille »

I think this was a deliberate change in 1.7/1.8, as suggested by this rather cryptic note in the 1.7.3 changelog: "Scenario 23 implemented Santi's plan to let half the army defect."

Certainly it used to be very easy once you knew who defected and who didn't.
Kymille

Post by Kymille »

Kymille wrote:I think this was a deliberate change in 1.7/1.8, as suggested by this rather cryptic note in the 1.7.3 changelog: "Scenario 23 implemented Santi's plan to let half the army defect."

Certainly it used to be very easy once you knew who defected and who didn't.
Alternatively some say it is a known bug.

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=15
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

If this is intended then it is, sorry, crap.
Shamans are hard to train, there should be a reward, and this campaign has gotten very tuff in 1.8 judging from what I'm reading.
The deliberate change refers to the non-loyal male units changing to Landar I think. This was not yet in 1.6, they simply disappeared. Someone posting a savegame from maybe the end of 19_Costly_Revenge.cfg would be nice.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

in 19_Costly_Revenge.cfg:
The event unstoring the shamans + levelups is a victory event. The event changing the side of 2/3 of the other non-loyal units to Landar also, which means that the order of execution, which isn't deterministic, decides whether some of the shamans go to Landar or all shamans stay with Kalenz. No matter what the intended behavior is, this is a bug which should be fixed by using the same event for both functionalities.
projects (BfW 1.12):