Age of Trials v0.3.2 (3 February 2012)

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Maramros

Re: Age of Trials v0.2.5 (24 Sep 2010)

Post by Maramros »

Hey, sorry I haven't been saying/doing anything recently. School has started, and I've also lost interest a bit in Wesnoth. This happens every once in a while.

However:
I like the new graphics, and bugfixes are always good. Also, I notice that on the add-on page, it says you currently have 1549 downloads... and yet I'm the only one to comment. I suppose not so strange, but it would be nice to have other people say things. Keep up the good work, I really do like the flavors of the different factions.
Please remember, my opinion is my opinion. Please listen, but my opinion is only, and will never be more than, my opinion. It is not yours. You do not have to act on it. I'm not telling you what to do.
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

Maramros wrote:Also, I notice that on the add-on page, it says you currently have 1549 downloads... and yet I'm the only one to comment. I suppose not so strange, but it would be nice to have other people say things.
I noticed that! It looks even worse because the Battle for Meridia was released on the same day, has only about 200 more downloads, and its thread runs to 7 pages. Although that may be because TSI was having a bit of back-and-forth with people who were helping with development.

Maybe I just did such a great job that there are no balance issues or bugs left to report, haha.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Partly that, partly the fact that I was expressly asking for comments ;) ANd I'm very active on the forums.

And I REALLY need to get BfM back up and running, and released on 1.9 >.<
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

Update! Couple of minor bug fixes, a balance change, and some new descriptions and graphics.
Atz
Art Contributor

Re: Age of Trials v0.2.6 (10 Oct 2010)

Post by Atz »

New version! The most major change is that I've uploaded this one to the 1.9 server as well as 1.8. There are also some balance changes, plus the usual bugfixes and new graphics.
Atz
Art Contributor

Re: Age of Trials v0.2.8 (4 Feb 2011)

Post by Atz »

New update. The biggest difference is that I have changed the Glory ability to what I originally envisaged it as, which is restoring health after you kill something. I'm concerned it might be a bit too strong, though, so some comments on balance would be really helpful at this point.
Atz
Art Contributor

Re: Age of Trials v0.2.9 (9 Feb 2011)

Post by Atz »

Bugfix up. I screwed up the range on the Defender's attack, so it never had retaliation, but it's fixed now.
Atz
Art Contributor

Re: Age of Trials v0.3.0 (19 May 2011) (Major update)

Post by Atz »

Updaaaaaaate! This one is quite a large update, so we are now in version 0.3.x.

Anyway, changes! The most obvious one is that almost all the gnomish level 2 and 3 units now have proper base frames. Also I have added missile frames, magic halos, sounds etc. to the ranged attacks of almost all the units that have them. Didn't have anything suitable for some units so I'll add those once I make some appropriate graphics.

Also there have been a bunch of balance changes, and the usual bugfixes. See the changelog for the full details.

I'm not sure how much more I can actually adjust balance without replays or feedback from other people. If anyone actually plays multiplayer AoT and would like to post a replay, that would be helpful.
Maramros

Post by Maramros »

Just wanted to say - I've been on Wesbreak, and still am, but this Era is still something that sticks out to me. I'm amazed that you continue to work on it despite the fact that I'm the only one who's ever replied. Keep up the good work, and I'll be sure to play some when I get back from Wesbreak.
Please remember, my opinion is my opinion. Please listen, but my opinion is only, and will never be more than, my opinion. It is not yours. You do not have to act on it. I'm not telling you what to do.
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

Thanks! I'm glad at least one person likes it.
Neilarmius

Post by Neilarmius »

I am using the saurian prophet in a UMC. I hope you don't mind. I just love the hat. I have made these animation frames.
2 x magic casting (cloned from mainline)
2 x melee bash with the orb
6 x bob frames (se)
1 x death frame (again, cloned and missing the funky hat).

I hope you can use them.
EDIT: Now with se bob animation. All files in the zip.
prophet-frames.zip
(36.22 KiB) Downloaded 600 times
prophet-se-bob.gif
prophet-se-bob.gif (5.41 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
Last edited by Neilarmius on June 24th, 2011, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atz
Art Contributor

Post by Atz »

Neilarmius wrote:I am using the saurian prophet in a UMC. I hope you don't mind.
No, not at all. GPL and all that.

Spellcasting and death frames look useful, thanks. I'll probably end up cloning the staff swing from mainline for the melee... eventually.
Neilarmius

Post by Neilarmius »

I wish I had moved the tail reactively but still level of self satisfaction with this idle sequence is off the chart. As RICDLIB I might clone it up the levels later.
The preview:
warlock-idle.gif
warlock-idle.gif (7.69 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
The files:
warlock-idle.zip
(8.69 KiB) Downloaded 593 times
The timings:
Spoiler:
And here is a 'peircing shriek' attack I've coded (see above) for my own purposes.
warlock-attack.png
warlock-attack.png (1.82 KiB) Viewed 5496 times
Atz
Art Contributor

Re: Age of Trials v0.3.1 (31 January 2012)

Post by Atz »

Update!

I haven't been working on this much lately, I'm afraid - having a bit of a Wesbreak, and I've been busy with some other stuff - so this is a pretty small update. The main thing is that I finally got around to adding Neilarmius' animations (thanks!), so now there will be cossack-dancing warlocks for all. Sorry it took me so long!
AlaskanAvenger

Re: Age of Trials v0.3.1 (31 January 2012)

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

Hadn't seen this era before as I didn't seriously join the forum till past the last update. Just tried it out, and was fairly impressed. Better graphics then many with unique feels to some of the factions. Will definitely play around more with this era.