Era of Four Moons

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Era of Four Moons

Post by Velensk »

I saw your explanation in the WML forum and was aware of how to fix the issue I just needed to get around to doing it.

I have now published the fixes to the shifter, the melee animation for the piper/charmer.

I also made a few more tweaks to the pygmy stats. Notably, I decided to move the piper back up to 8 attacks and increase it's cost to 19 (weakened melee slightly). It's always been an extremely powerful unit for it's cost which has been part of the factions design from the beginning and even with this cost increase I think it still will be, in fact, I'm not sure that the cost increase is enough. With the changes to liminal, it hits for 32 while at full health for dawn or dusk which coupled with it's high resilience and ability to recover quickly seems like it might be too good even at 19 and even given the faction it is on.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

I quite agree about the piper. I love those guys. I have this long game going with the pygmies and the pipers always seem to deliver. Either that or I like the music they play when attacking. ;- )
Vyncyn
Forum Regular

Post by Vyncyn »

Noticed a bug, when copying some code for my era:

Hex uses post advance to remove the curse, so if the defense values of the unit changes they are overwritten by the previous level.
Haven't played much of EoFM, so I'm sure how many units this would affect.

Also I don't have a fix yet, but I tried some things already
-pre advance causes a stack overflow
-advance causes the game to be stuck in the advance screen
-removing the uncurse macro from the event apllies the correct values during level up, but does not heal the unit by AMLA
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Ooof, that's some byzantine code. : ) I've seen it before and just said, errr move on, nothing to see here. Hehehe. I am running a LONG game of E4M with the faction that uses this I think. Can't say I've noticed anything hinky while playing but it's a large battle and one doesn't watch every unit that closely. Now I'll be watching.
egallager

Post by egallager »

Does anyone know what the image being used for this era on the add-on server currently is? That is, the one that would be listed in _server.pbl, if that were publicly available.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

egallager wrote: October 5th, 2023, 2:56 am Does anyone know what the image being used for this era on the add-on server currently is? That is, the one that would be listed in _server.pbl, if that were publicly available.
one of the fireball projectile images
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
gnombat

Post by gnombat »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: October 5th, 2023, 6:56 am
egallager wrote: October 5th, 2023, 2:56 am Does anyone know what the image being used for this era on the add-on server currently is? That is, the one that would be listed in _server.pbl, if that were publicly available.
one of the fireball projectile images
It appears to be data/core/images/halo/flame-burst-5.png

Note that you can get this information by running the command:

Code: Select all

data/tools/wesnoth_addon_manager -l -w
Danwar

Post by Danwar »

I can't seem to find the standalone version of this era on the Add-Ons servers at the moment. Any chance that'll be rectified anytime soon?
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

It hasn't been ported to 1.18 yet but you could just copy your 1.16 files over. 1.18 has made few changes that affect addon eras.