Era of Four Moons

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Era of Four Moons

Post by Velensk »

New version which should fix the EFM + Dalefolk so that it does not include the last three factions.

Also a few modifications to the new factions in reaction to initial play testing.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

New version released:
Extensive tweaking to extended factions, some tweaking to core factions.
Here are the changes I can remember.

Core factions:
Legionaire hp->33 cost->15
Compoisite Bowman hp and melee damage buffed
Highlander hunter cost->13 melee attack buffed slightly
Beastman open/hill defenses reduced
Attack animations for rider line
Extensive tweaking to upper level level units

Extended factions:
Pygmies prices generally increased
White movetype modified move in hill/forest increased to 2, defenses increased to 60%
White Warrior reworked completely
Storm guard/storm child price +1
Freeman healer price -1
Shifters tweaked (yet again)
Jungle/Deep witch renamed -> Wyrd/Sorceress
Extensive tweaking to upper level units

Additional advancement options for several units
Dalefolk: Miner ->Delver (non-leader alternative to foreman, chaotic and very good in caves) Channler->Beacon (ranged magical damage as well as melee)
Pygmies: Fly->Mudfoot (backstabber that can hide in swamps) Swamp witch ->Toadbreath->Lizard Eye (Turns defeated enemy into toads/lisards which serve as very weak poisonous berserkers).
Freemen: Nomad->Shiek (just a level 3 version)

EDIT: Shortly after uploading I discovered that for some strange reason mountaineers were made level 2. I have uploaded a patch to correct this.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It seems I was so busy a few hours ago that I forgot to post here.

New version out:
-A few bug fixes/stability features
-Champions of Four Moons era for those who like Age of Heros level play (note: I am not terribly interested in balancing feedack for this setting other than suggestions for fixing the price of upper level units [as I have not until this point really paid a whole lot of attention to it].
-Some new sound effects/icons.

Most of the balanceing tweaks were to the Freemen but there were a couple for the default era.

Freemen got a new unit, a magician with a sonic attack with the stun special to compliment their backstabbing aristocrats and give them a reliable archer that makes more sense. Wanderers have been modified to simply be a versitile infantry rather than being a dedicated archer.

Numerous minor tweaks.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I preparation for a new campaign I will be releasing soon, a new version of EoFM is out.

There have been a few balance tweaks particularly to the high levels, some improved art/sound effects, and a couple small coding improvements.

The main thing is that this fixes a few balancing concerns that would make some levels of the campaign unpleasant to play but which rarely show up in multiplayer.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

:shock: Another campaign for this era? Awesome! Can't wait to play it when it comes out :D
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

It's out now, see the Panther Lord thread in scenario development for details.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

A new version of Era of Four Moons has been released on the 1.9 server. I am experiencing some sort of odd technical difficulty downporting it to 1.8 but I'll get that up and edit it as soon as I can.

The purpose of this patch is to fix the hex ability to make it a bit less buggy especially for my campaign.
Gaymann

Post by Gaymann »

This seems to be a good project :)
Never heard of that writer or the book but anyway.... I think i'm gonna give try for this.

I will post my comments here sooon about this :)
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Alright the 1.8 version is up and the bug should be fixed now.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

There is a new version of EoFM out now: version 0.3.0

Many many many tweaks but a few major changes which I'll mention.

Sea States have gotten a new unit: To help diversify their infantry force in situations where cavalry are unadvisable and there is no water (effectively removing 4 out of their 7 units from consideration) I've given the Sea states a new infantry unit. It's lawful, swifter and more expensive than than the regimenteer with a special ability which makes it take less retaliation when on offense.

Peltite: Hp down to 32, ranged attack down to 3-3
Standard: prince down to 19
Horse archer: Fewer hitpoints, 8 movement.
Cannoe: price down to 12
Boatman: price down to 13

Fixed yet another bug with hex.

Looking for as much help as I can get actually testing, especially with the new unit.

EDIT: While I'm here, I'd like to announce that a new version of the EFM campaign Panther Lord is out.
AlaskanAvenger

Post by AlaskanAvenger »

What times are you around for testing?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Unfortunately, my schedual is unpredictable (one of the big reasons I've been avoiding tournaments). Today I will probably be unavailable for most of the day but on a standard week day you might find me on the 1.9 server between 6-00 and 11-00 UTC.
adr3n

Post by adr3n »

is this project still active?
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

I'm not sure what "active" means.

Velensk had to take a couple years off, so there's just me (the artist) holding the fort until he gets back. He didn't really seem to be expecting me to do much except update it for the next version, though, and I haven't seen the announcement for the next release yet. (I didn't miss it, did I? I'm subscribed to that topic -- at least, I'm supposed to be -- and I haven't got an email.)

As for me, I'm currently working on the art for the Dalefolk faction, but I didn't see the point in posting an art upgrade until I got the whole faction done. Sorry it's been going so slow, there was this story (ended up being trilogy) that soaked up all my creative energy for while, and all I managed to do during that time was the "I need it now" stuff Velensk wanted for the Panther Lord campaign. I'm only just getting back to doing faction art on a semi-regular basis. (Now that he's not here to get it into the game for me, and I'm going to have to do everything myself. Naturally. Sigh!)
Lavender

Post by Lavender »

I've tested Four Moons in multiplayer using 1.10.1 and as far as I can tell everything is working. (The shifters still change form, the pygmy witches still turn people into toads, etc.)

I uploaded a version with new art for the "extended" Dalefolk faction, and also some new art for the "extended" Pygmies faction (I'm only about half done that one, but I figured I might as well include what I had).

I also played through the Salt Wars campaign, and it seems to be working too. (It took me over twenty four hours of playtime to get through what Velensk calls a "short easy campaign".)

I updated the pbl files with new contact information and version numbers, and then realized that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to update the version numbers or not. Ah, well. Too late now.

If anyone notices any problems with these that I overlooked, please mention them here so I can get them fixed.

I intend to test, and then re-upload the Panther Lord campaign also, but its going to take me a while longer. (It would take years if I had to actually beat the campaign, but Velensk says that for the purposes of checking it for 1.10, it's okay to use debug mode, and just summon an army of liches when I'm feeling overwhelmed. So I'm hoping it won't take me much more than a month.)
My apologies for the delay.