Rise of the Elementalist campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vghetto

Re: Rise of the Elementalist campaign

Post by vghetto »

RotE version 5.1.1-3 uploaded to wesnoth 1.16 add-ons server.
Straight forward port. Added special_note to abilities and changed Uu^Uf to Tb^Tf.

_server.pbl password is the same one shared with arobinson
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I'm giving the code a good scrub. I fixed a couple of original bugs that were missed in my ports and I'm changing some things in term of game play. Nothing major, changes to the amlas and such.
I'm tempted to switch back the mushrooms from Tb^Tf to Uu^Tf. Unless someone can give a good argument for why I should favor the new mushroom fungus over the old ones.
Personally, I don't like the Tb^Tf look. I'll allow the code to support both either way.
5.1.2 will be uploaded soon to 1.14 and 1.16.

Oh, translation file will be outdated. I don't know how to fix that. I might drop the translation all together.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I uploaded version 5.1.2 to 1.14 and 1.16.

There were many tiny bugfixes for the 1.14 version. The most notable one is the Earth Elemental being locked out of the default amla advancement. One of the required_amla ids was misspelled :annoyed: Hitting this bug was very unlikely due to the number of advancements required to reach that point! It was fixed nonetheless.

On the 1.16 version. Wesnoth has a bug with [advancefrom] #6204. That bug locked out advancing the Water Elementals into certain powerful units in the third campaign. That was fixed. I also changed the mushrooms back to the old look.
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

I created a github repo for RotE from the files supplied by Elvish_Hunter. I converted it to git using git-remote-hg package on debian.
https://github.com/virtualghetto/Rise_o ... ementalist

The master branch is the original bitbucket hg repo by arobinson (Drew). It is equivalent to the Wesnoth 1.12 addons version minus COPYING.txt.

drew-w1_14 is my branch for Wesnoth 1.14.
drew-w1_16 is my branch for Wesnoth 1.16.
nathanson1947

Post by nathanson1947 »

I am on Wesnoth 1.16 on Wesnoth High Sierra. Vallin is in the cave learning how to harness the powers of the various types of elementals. He has successfully managed to use a bridge of air elementals to form a bridge over a chasm, He has crossed over the chasm, but when he makes a bridge of air elementals to cross over a lake of fire, he is unable to cross over to the other side. Is there a bug somewhere, or am I missing something?